PDA

View Full Version : BBL on 3/30 wind/low pressure-tough fishing

Mojave River Angler
04-03-2013, 01:55 PM
I go to the lake on the north shore near the dam about half hour before sunrise. Moon was still high and fairly bright. Water was like glass. Slid into the lake and was fishing before sunrise. No action until just after sunrise and a little ripple appeared on the water. I had heard that flys were doing well so I threw them out for a while. Had one bump and things were feeling kind of slow. Didn't see much action from others either. Went to PB and got one about 2 lb.s so I put the same on the other line. Things were slow all day and ended with 4 at about 4:30. Didn' see others wiht heavy stringers so I assume it was slow overall. One of the guys I saw on the water said it was real slow compared to the week before. Still a nice day on the water except for a little too much wind.

MRA

Mr T-rex
04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Nice Hey 4 is better than nothing boss.. Im heading out there this friday and ill be there for 3 days lets see how it goes

Mojave River Angler
04-03-2013, 03:17 PM
I was also thinking about returning this Friday with my son. I think the baro will be in our favor as well as the temps and moon. The wind...well, we'll see. Keep your eyes peeled for a yellow tandem kayak (Perception 14' sit in).

Forgot to mention that since I got there at 0'Dark nobody was open to sell boating permits and since the lake wasn't officially open I didn't think we would see much for enforcement. I did see lake patrol, and did have the money in my pocket JIC..(with additional $10 convenience "one the water" fee). They didn't even give me a second look. But they could see that I had last years pass...and with a closer look...the years before that. I'm not a cheater...just a slacker. Will get the permit when I can find the marina open. The sign at the east end said they were going to open on the 4th. Tomorrow by my calendar.

MRA

etaggart
04-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Nice report MRA - Work those flies hard and teach us a lesson ;) Also, bring some bass tackle and let us know how the jetty's are looking.

I'll be back up the second weekend in April w/ my F-in-law on his pontoon - so I suspect we'll be trolling/drifting for trout.

Cheers, ET

Mojave River Angler
04-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Wow, weather channel showing 16mph from the w tomorrow. I may have to pospone...but next weekend isn't looking much different. My friend has a new Hobie that needs to be broke in and wanted to go up on the 13th. We'll see. @etaggart...I don't really do much bass fishing because I had a shoulder surgery in 2005 that left me with the ability to do about 50 casts and then I'm done. I know, it's all in the wrist...they say. I'll give it a short shot some time when I get in the right area. Of course I could just drag a wooly booger around the right areas and I might get lucky.