PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Harbor 4/1

USCisbeast22
04-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Today I went fishing off my friends' dock in Huntington Harbor (near the PCH bridge). We ended up catching 2 barred sand bass, 2 croaker, 1 15 in. halibut, and 1 huge smelt. We also sight fished for 10 stingrays haha. All fish were caught on filet squid.

sidified
04-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Friend's dock near the PCH bridge?! Uh oh, I'm coming down with 'launch envy', again..
Seriously, 22, get thee a kayak!
Thanks for the report, and welcome to the board! BTY, the next worse thing to launch-envy is jonesing for photos. :)
Best,
Sid

USCisbeast22
04-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Friend's dock near the PCH bridge?! Uh oh, I'm coming down with 'launch envy', again..
Thanks for the report, and welcome to the board! BTY, the next worse thing to launch-envy is jonesing for photos. :)
Best,
Sid

Ive never heard of any other places in HB harbor being good. Should i try near the bridge from my kayak for bass? or where else in the HB harbor should i fish for bass..and btw we have access to kayaks and float tubes..

USCisbeast22
04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Best,
Sid
actually do you know any good spots for bass or halibut?

murrieta angler
04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Ahh Yes, Huntington Harbour!
I see you are looking for some spots.
Try Belmont Shores, using a drop shot set-up.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

one long cast
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
usc22 for Hunt. Harbour, (thats how they want it spelled) drift fish the fuel dock casting towards the back of the docks. On the oppoiste side fish both side of the 2 small islands, next would be the other side of the round bouys cast over the cable and do not tie up to them either. At high tide fish with goast shrimp of like plastics from the eel grass out. them the area around the bridge. Do not fish on the navy side of the bridge, they will come get you

USCisbeast22
04-03-2013, 04:56 PM
usc22 for Hunt. Harbour, (thats how they want it spelled) drift fish the fuel dock casting towards the back of the docks. On the oppoiste side fish both side of the 2 small islands, next would be the other side of the round bouys cast over the cable and do not tie up to them either. At high tide fish with goast shrimp of like plastics from the eel grass out. them the area around the bridge. Do not fish on the navy side of the bridge, they will come get you

ok thanks, im familiar with all those spots