PDA

View Full Version : alright taking playoff predictions.

fishinarteest
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
NBA playoffs. Who's winning? Who's losing? Who's going to championship? Lakers are gonna get smashed, western finals is gonna be okc beating SAS, SAS is to old to play a seven game series. Eastern conference is gonna be pacers and heat in conference finals or Knicks and heat. But I'm leaning more to pacers and heat. This year I feel that pacers might beat the heat and go to the finals with okc. Don't know why I feel this way, I just do. But as it stands it looks like okc and Miami. Miami will win because okc can't develop an inside game on Miami. There's my predictions, and as it stands they seem pretty accurate.

reservoir dog
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
I agree with your prediction 100%. The Lakers have literally played themselves out of the playoffs and if they get the 8th seed again, they'll probably get swept. But guaranteed first round exit...if they even get to that point. Western finals will come down to OKC and San Antonio but OKC will win it because they're younger and they want revenge for last years loss to Miami. In the East (although I don't really care), will end up being Miami as the Eastern Conference champions. Unfortunately I think Miami will repeat this year with the way they've been playing.

EL JEFE
04-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Agree, Miami will win it all again! Of course, I predicted this earlier this year. Miami is very well coached, deep in talent and play as well as a TEAM as any team I have seen. They are firing on all cylinders at just the right time. This is due to the excellent coaching and team comraderie. They beat SAS last night without three starters!!!

Riles has put together one bad arse team! Built for several championships. The beauty being, Riles has created this team from scratch. He's been with the organization for close to 20 years. He's delivered to ownership every step of the way.
Like Rick Fox said, might as well give 'em the trophy now!!

Prediction.....Miami 4-1 in FINALS, maybe even 4-0, with whomever they play!

fishinarteest
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Agree, Miami will win it all again! Of course, I predicted this earlier this year. Miami is very well coached, deep in talent and play as well as a TEAM as any team I have seen. They are firing on all cylinders at just the right time. This is due to the excellent coaching and team comraderie. They beat SAS last night without three starters!!!

Riles has put together one bad arse team! Built for several championships. The beauty being, Riles has created this team from scratch. He's been with the organization for close to 20 years. He's delivered to ownership every step of the way.
Like Rick Fox said, might as well give 'em the trophy now!!

Prediction.....Miami 4-1 in FINALS, maybe even 4-0, with whomever they play!

meh that san antonio win wasn't very impressive to me. ginobli didn't play, and tim ducan is hurt, plus spurs are old. But hopefully next year the lakers will get there act together and make it to the finals, Where im sure they can beat miami because there a bad matchup for miami. plus lakers have beat miami every year for the last several years, and miami barely beat them last time. But all that stuff is for next years predictions. Honestly though, miami may make it to finals, but there not exactly gonna cruise to them. Paul george and the Idianna pacers wont let them. And i only say that cuz, last year indianna lost to miami in the conference finals 4-2. this year paul george is twice the player he was then. This could turn out like the 09 finals when the magic unexpectedly beat the celtics, and the pacers could unexpectedly beat the heat for the simple fact that, thats just how some playoff series go. but the way the stats look now, miami is going back. The wests only hope to beating miami lies surprisingly not in the spurs or the thunder, but in the grizzlies. Unless the lakers do some spectacular and actually make finals, but im talking realism here lol.

DarkShadow
04-02-2013, 08:37 AM
But hopefully next year the lakers will get there act together and make it to the finals.

Now....what does 'getting their act together' consist of?

reservoir dog
04-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Now....what does 'getting their act together' consist of?

Replacing the head coach...LOL!!!

fishinarteest
04-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Replacing the head coach...LOL!!!

Yep lol. Plus more ball distribution between Nash and Kobe. Not going brain dead on defense, gasol playing harder defense, and stopping trying to shoot themselves out of routs, especially when there trying to get out of that rout by shooting threes, oh and make better trades like picking up josh smith.

DarkShadow
04-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Yep lol. Plus more ball distribution between Nash and Kobe. Not going brain dead on defense, gasol playing harder defense, and stopping trying to shoot themselves out of routs, especially when there trying to get out of that rout by shooting threes, oh and make better trades like picking up josh smith.

So in your opinion, it's a coaching and effort problem, and not a personnel problem.

In other words, you think that the Lakers, with this roster (and perhaps adding one key player and a different coach) can win the NBA Finals?

fishinarteest
04-02-2013, 05:28 PM
So in your opinion, it's a coaching and effort problem, and not a personnel problem.

In other words, you think that the Lakers, with this roster (and perhaps adding one key player and a different coach) can win the NBA Finals?

from the way it looks now. yes. Honestly if kobe wants one more ring before he retires, hes gonna get one more ring, and thats why he has been the best in the league for so long, cause no one, not even lebron, kd, or melo, can will wins like kobe. whether you love or hate him(trust me im very indifferent) you gotta admit that thats true.

On to todays predictions. miami will get smashed by the knicks, like they have been all year long.

fishinarteest
04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Oh look Knicks beat Miami. I'm glad I don't get tired of being right when it comes to making predictions in this sport. Because I'm right so often lol.

DarkShadow
04-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Oh look Knicks beat Miami. I'm glad I don't get tired of being right when it comes to making predictions in this sport. Because I'm right so often lol.

That was a ballsy prediction considering both Wade and James were slated not to start.

fishinarteest
04-03-2013, 09:30 AM
That was a ballsy prediction considering both Wade and James were slated not to start.

Yea but the Knicks have been beating Miami all season with wade and James playing, sooo... thinking about it, Knicks would've beat Miami last time, but melo was out, stoudemire was out, and Jr smith kept trying to shoot threes even after he went cold. What mainly killed that game for NY was Jr smith otherwise they would've beat them.

EL JEFE
04-05-2013, 09:40 AM

On the Kniicks win.....From the pic above (courtside at last Knicks-Heat game), James and Wade don't appear to concerned!!!!

Knicks beat a Miami team playing without three starters. It's a numbers game at this point. Coach Spol wants to have the best record in the league to insure home court throughout playoffs, (which they will get). He also want his three main players rested and close to 100% come play-offs. So, they can play without starters and lose so long as they keep a cushion between themselves and SAS/OKC.

If I have not said this before, let me say it now. Any team can beat another team at any given point in the year. It happens all the time. There is no team, let me repeat, NO TEAM, that can beat Miami in a 7 game series; especially if they have home court. This is the importance of home court. REMINDER.....Miami is a team that just went for 27 consecutive wins. They will be charged and ready come play offs.

BTW....Riles has a Championship ring from the 1971-72 Lakers with the number 33 engraved on one side. Talk about something to motivate your players and have them respect your word and motives!!!!

fishinarteest
04-05-2013, 12:09 PM

On the Kniicks win.....From the pic above (courtside at last Knicks-Heat game), James and Wade don't appear to concerned!!!!

Knicks beat a Miami team playing without three starters. It's a numbers game at this point. Coach Spol wants to have the best record in the league to insure home court throughout playoffs, (which they will get). He also want his three main players rested and close to 100% come play-offs. So, they can play without starters and lose so long as they keep a cushion between themselves and SAS/OKC.

If I have not said this before, let me say it now. Any team can beat another team at any given point in the year. It happens all the time. There is no team, let me repeat, NO TEAM, that can beat Miami in a 7 game series; especially if they have home court. This is the importance of home court. REMINDER.....Miami is a team that just went for 27 consecutive wins. They will be charged and ready come play offs.

BTW....Riles has a Championship ring from the 1971-72 Lakers with the number 33 engraved on one side. Talk about something to motivate your players and have them respect your word and motives!!!!

This year there's little chance of anyone beating Miami. The only team that would be just as strong as Miami if they had all there players healthy is Chicago. Next year if there main guys are healthy, then Miami's chance of returning to the championship will have shrunk considerably. Look at the work the bulls are doing now, heck yesterday they were missing literally half there team and they still won. Imagine if most of there team were healthy next year, then rose would be getting his ring. Mean this Chicago team stopped Miami's streak without two of there bigs. Chicago may get beat first round of the playoffs but I'm definitely impressed with the way there playing this year. Next year that's definitely gonna be the team to beat. As far as this year goes, pacers will probably lose to the heat 3-4 in the conference finals, mainly cause of the mia danny granger. Knicks have no chance of it, because in post season you can't rain threes on everyone for forever, Knicks will get shutdown by somebody on the perimeter, and because of there huge lack of defense they'll get smashed. Boston is missing a big three, and pierce can't do everything himself, so there out. Bulls are the only other relevant team but there missing to many players to win in the post season consistently so there out. Nets and hawks, eeeehhhh better luck next year. In the west its still anyone's game though, even though I'm leaning more to okc mainly cuz SAS is too old, and Leonard, green, and splitter aren't developed enough to carry the team.

fishinarteest
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM
We should call the bulls streak killer. First Miami, then new York.

DarkShadow
04-16-2013, 03:52 PM
... cause no one, not even lebron, kd, or melo, can will wins like kobe.

Yeah, but can he will his Achilles back to his heel bone?

That's the real question.

fishinarteest
04-17-2013, 12:31 AM
Yeah, but can he will his Achilles back to his heel bone?

That's the real question.

Lol. Maybe if he sees his doctor friend in Germany. Lakers though have to beat Houston tomorrow. If they do they get 7th and can take SAS in the first round. Honestly the Lakers don't want okc, last years Lakers couldn't do it this years Lakers definitely can't. Hopefully Memphis beats lac in round one, which I think they will, okc will smash the rockets, Denver will probably beat golden state. But without manimal and gallinari I don't know.

I got a question though, do you buy into all the hype Jeremy Lin fans are buying into. I've met some fans so crazed for him that they compared his "linsanity" run to melo and even said that he was/is better than melo. Others say he's better than harden and that McHale is out to get him or something, and they also say that he's one of the leagues best point guards. I however agree with none of these statements. But what do you think.

EL JEFE
04-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I got a question though, do you buy into all the hype Jeremy Lin fans are buying into. I've met some fans so crazed for him that they compared his "linsanity" run to melo and even said that he was/is better than melo. Others say he's better than harden and that McHale is out to get him or something, and they also say that he's one of the leagues best point guards. I however agree with none of these statements. But what do you think.

I'm not a fan of Lin. He's very good, just not a fan. If he's compared to Melo, perhaps because they are both streaky players....good sometimes, but usually not when it matters most. I like Harden's game. Not an easy decision by OKC to get rid of him. If they beat Miami then it was a good decision. If they don't, what did they accomplish? Uhh....why did I even suggest that they could beat Miami....brain fart!!

Miami is the team to beat, and will be for several years. I read recently that Riles is with the team for the long haul and is looking to create a solid 10 year run. With the trades he has pulled off over the years, wouldn't surprise me if they add a another superstar big man this off season. He's dialing in the pieces to build a Lakers/Chicago style run off of several championships. One of the few in the league that can pull it off right now. Who the he_ _ wouldn't want to play in Miami!!! First victim for Miami is Milwaukee, this Saturday. Here's to Saturday's workout against Milwaukee:Beer Toast: It won't be a game, it will be a full court workout for the guys, in preparation for the later rounds and the finals!!

fishinarteest
04-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm not a fan of Lin. He's very good, just not a fan. If he's compared to Melo, perhaps because they are both streaky players....good sometimes, but usually not when it matters most. I like Harden's game. Not an easy decision by OKC to get rid of him. If they beat Miami then it was a good decision. If they don't, what did they accomplish? Uhh....why did I even suggest that they could beat Miami....brain fart!!

Miami is the team to beat, and will be for several years. I read recently that Riles is with the team for the long haul and is looking to create a solid 10 year run. With the trades he has pulled off over the years, wouldn't surprise me if they add a another superstar big man this off season. He's dialing in the pieces to build a Lakers/Chicago style run off of several championships. One of the few in the league that can pull it off right now. Who the he_ _ wouldn't want to play in Miami!!! First victim for Miami is Milwaukee, this Saturday. Here's to Saturday's workout against Milwaukee:Beer Toast: It won't be a game, it will be a full court workout for the guys, in preparation for the later rounds and the finals!!

I'm sorry but I don't see Miami winning back to back finals. I see them getting it this year, then that's it for a couple years. Heres why.Pacers are going to be a bigger threat with a healthy danny granger and ever improving paul George. A healthy d-rose and joakim Noah on the bulls next year will be a serious threat, melo(one of the top 5players in the league) will be a threat. And every year kd doesn't get a ring, he's gonna be a bigger threat as the years go on. Especially with kd being the best in the league second only to LBJ. And if history repeats itself with the Lakers then they'll be a threat, eventually. Miami is far from invincible, but the only teams that could beat them this year are missing key players. Miami will probably get it this year, but I see the teams that they struggle with. they should enjoy this year, Cuz there not going back for a few years. Theyll get more rings, just not back to back.

reservoir dog
04-19-2013, 10:34 AM
Didn't Miami win last year? So if Miami wins again this year, that would be a back to back Championship. The Pacers are a great team and they keep getting better, so don't sleep on them. It's funny how the 2 aging teams (Lakers/Spurs) are going up against each other. But it should be a good series. The Warriors and Nuggets, now that's an exciting matchup! Overall the playoffs are all good games this season.

Hoot951
04-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Whoa whoa all you guys are forgetting about my team the Golden State Warriors the underdog, the ones that shouldn't be in the playoffs by everyone's prediction in the beginning of the season yet here they are. Go Warrior's!

EL JEFE
04-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Didn't Miami win last year? So if Miami wins again this year, that would be a back to back Championship. The Pacers are a great team and they keep getting better, so don't sleep on them. It's funny how the 2 aging teams (Lakers/Spurs) are going up against each other. But it should be a good series. The Warriors and Nuggets, now that's an exciting matchup! Overall the playoffs are all good games this season.

You are correct....Miami did win last year. This year WILL be back-to-back. I completely agree that NY, IND, CHI, OKC will all get better. However, you are talking about the best manager/President in the league in Riles. As I mentioned earlier he will continue to build his team as well. As other teams grow, so will Miami. Miami has the luxury of having the best player in world, a third best player in Wade (only second to KD), and Bosh isn't too shabby either! Miami only needs 1-2 players over the next year or two to stay ahead of the teams mentioned. However, those teams can add elite talent as well. If I'm a betting man, I DO NOT best against Miami, and surely DO NOT bet against Riles in his ability to pull major acquisitions!!

Viva Miami!

fishinarteest
04-20-2013, 10:23 AM

Maybe I should've been more clear. I don't see them getting back to back to back rings. its always a possibility, but anything is possible in a seven game series. And in basketball any team can beat any team on any given night. I did watch the playoff predictions on nbatv and one of those guys had garbage predictions. One of them was Atlanta beating indianna in six games, and SAS going to the finals.

fishinarteest
04-20-2013, 10:37 AM
You are correct....Miami did win last year. This year WILL be back-to-back. I completely agree that NY, IND, CHI, OKC will all get better. However, you are talking about the best manager/President in the league in Riles. As I mentioned earlier he will continue to build his team as well. As other teams grow, so will Miami. Miami has the luxury of having the best player in world, a third best player in Wade (only second to KD), and Bosh isn't too shabby either! Miami only needs 1-2 players over the next year or two to stay ahead of the teams mentioned. However, those teams can add elite talent as well. If I'm a betting man, I DO NOT best against Miami, and surely DO NOT bet against Riles in his ability to pull major acquisitions!!

Viva Miami!

Though I don't bet against Miami either. I wont exactly bet against Chicago either. If you remember last year Chicago and Miami were two teams favored to go to the finals in the east. Chicago didn't get the same favor this year, because d-rose never came back. I see how Chicago handled Miami without rose or Noah, or half of there team in general, and provided that the bulls stay healthy then Miami will have more competition. Idianna I only have faith in because there just a matchup nightmare for Miami. Miami's weakness is rebounding. Any team that out rebounds Miami and pounds them inside can beat them, hence why I give teams like Boston(though I hate Boston with a burning passion) indianna, Memphis, and Brooklyn a chance. Because those teams play a style of defense that Miami has a hard time with. Okc on the other hand can't beat Miami because that's a matchup nightmare for them. Plus okc has no bench, and Kevin martin isn't quite a James harden. Though martin is one of the top three point shooters in the league. But now I'm just rambling on. Oh and to comment on Dwayne wade, I feel he's in the top 5 but I give number 3 to melo, and wade number 4. Wade would have to show me that hes a little more of a versatile scorer before I move him up to 3.

fishinarteest
04-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Whoa whoa all you guys are forgetting about my team the Golden State Warriors the underdog, the ones that shouldn't be in the playoffs by everyone's prediction in the beginning of the season yet here they are. Go Warrior's!

Haha no offense dude, but gsw is just happy to be in the playoffs, there not gonna do anything while there, they might beat Denver if they don't have manimal. But the other teams would slaughter gsw lol. I do like Stephen curry and klay Thompson though.

reservoir dog
04-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Haha no offense dude, but gsw is just happy to be in the playoffs, there not gonna do anything while there, they might beat Denver if they don't have manimal. But the other teams would slaughter gsw lol. I do like Stephen curry and klay Thompson though.

The Warriors are an exciting team but now that David Lee is out...the Warriors are done in the first round. Kinda like the Lakers are too, without Kobe they got nothing. And I'm saying this as a Laker fan.

fishinarteest
04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
The Warriors are an exciting team but now that David Lee is out...the Warriors are done in the first round. Kinda like the Lakers are too, without Kobe they got nothing. And I'm saying this as a Laker fan.

Meh, they can do it without Kobe. Its just that gasol and Howard are gonna have to get used to be the guys on that team. If it wasn't for the turnovers the Lakers would've won that last game. But game 2 should be a better indicator of who will win the series. Its like Dwight said, you can't get discouraged cuz its only game 1. I actually like Kobe not being there, because it forces the Lakers to play better defense and pound the ball inside more, instead of just giving it to Kobe and hoping he can throw up a miracle three pointer.

fishinarteest
05-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Well, that miami chicago game got pretty heated. I was waiting for a riot to start. I wonder what lebron, wade, bosh, and the refs are talkin about right now in bron's hottub LOL.

DarkShadow
05-09-2013, 04:59 PM
I wonder what lebron, wade, bosh, and the refs are talkin about right now in bron's hottub LOL.

Lebron: "You see us STOMP Chicago down tonight?"

Ref: "Yeah, i was there, remember? And from the looks of it, you won't need any help from us this series."

Wade: "Man, we made people who dug up their old Jordan jersey put it back in their closet REAL quick, huh?"

Bosh: "You see Nate Robinson embarrass me on national TV?"

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18n5a3fed9ex1gif/ku-xlarge.gif

Everyone (in unison): "YES! It's been the only time in your life that you've had balls between your legs."

And now your musical interlude, dedicated to Kobe Bean Bryant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BICCMZ9jspk

koifish
05-10-2013, 12:26 PM
watch out the Warriors...they might be upset the Sprurs...Go Golden State Warriors...

Hoot951
05-10-2013, 12:42 PM
watch out the Warriors...they might be upset the Sprurs...Go Golden State Warriors...

That what I been saying since the beginning of the season and playoffs. It's good to have a fellow believer. Go Warriors!

DarkShadow
05-10-2013, 01:42 PM
That what I been saying since the beginning of the season and playoffs. It's good to have a fellow believer. Go Warriors!

If the Warriors get passed the Convalescent Home that seems to describe the San Antonio Spurs, do you think that:

1. They can get past Oklahoma?

2. They can get past Miami?

reservoir dog
05-10-2013, 02:08 PM
If the Warriors get passed the Convalescent Home that seems to describe the San Antonio Spurs, do you think that:

1. They can get past Oklahoma?

2. They can get past Miami?

Warriors have a good chance of beating the Spurs. They're younger, faster and have better shooters from the perimeter. If OKC beats the Grizzlies then it'll be a rematch of last years Finals.

Don't think anyone can beat Miami this year. And that was one hell of a beat down on the Bulls the other night.

Hoot951
05-10-2013, 02:20 PM
With Russell Westbrook out i say it'll be a good match. As for the Heat we'll cross that bridge if we get there. I'm not gonna get all cocky and say the Warriors gonna win but i'm just saying don't count us out.

Risso
05-10-2013, 02:27 PM
The Dubs have a chance for sure. Don't forget they beat Miami this year in their house too!

fishinarteest
05-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Warriors have a good chance of beating the Spurs. They're younger, faster and have better shooters from the perimeter. If OKC beats the Grizzlies then it'll be a rematch of last years Finals.

Don't think anyone can beat Miami this year. And that was one hell of a beat down on the Bulls the other night.

memphis is probably going to beat okc. if memphis goes to the finals with miami, i say miami takes it in 7. I say that cuz memphis is a bad matchup for miami. The heat were dead last in offensive rebounds this year, memphis is one of the top teams in that category. They will make miami pay on that front. On top of that, the semi injured d-wade will definetly be defended well by tony allen, z-bo is a good matchup for lebron, and i don't see chalmers and bosh doing much in that series because conely and gasol will at the very least keep em honest. Miami will only take that series cuz they have lebron, and maybe cuz of dwade. Okc can't beat memphis or miami cuz there too much of a jump shooting team, and to quote charles barkley(never thought I'd do that) you live by the jumper you die by the jumper.

As far as chicago, I seen some more ignorant bandwagon miami fans(which is probably most of there fanbase sadly, don't believe look at how miami was treated by there own fans in the finals of 2011) laughing at how miami beat them. But why? chicago is missing so many people that some guys had to play all 48mins cuz there weren't enough guys in the rotation to allow for rest, how can any team take pride in beating chicago? lol, they barely have enough players to play the game, and at some point you run out of bodies and energy to keep fighting. I commend the bulls for the season they put together and im not even a bulls fan. Tom thibodeau should be proud.

fishinarteest
05-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Lebron: "You see us STOMP Chicago down tonight? It was a good win for us considering that there team is completely depleted of players and energy, and if they had that wimp derrick rose they would probably own us in a seven game series. But hey we got you guys right."

Ref: "Yeah, i was there, remember? And from the looks of it, you won't need any help from us this series, but we decided to help you out this game just to be sure. By the way lebron nice flopping out there, but tone it down a little, if you made it look anymore fake the league will have to fine you.....hahahaha who am i kidding your lebron, and as long as were on your side you can flop all you want, nothing will happen to ya, we got you buddy."

Wade: "Man, we made people who dug up their old Jordan jersey put it back in their closet REAL quick, huh? I have this nagging feeling though that this same situation is gonna happen again, only, were gonna be in chicagos place, and they'll be in ours. Oh well its best just to ignore the feeling and deal with it when it gets here."

Bosh: "You see Nate Robinson embarrass me on national TV? isn't that nate robinson just so strong. umm makes me crave a real man just thinking about it, too bad there out any here."

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18n5a3fed9ex1gif/ku-xlarge.gif

Everyone (in unison): "YES! WE GET IT! It's been the only time in your life that you've had balls between your legs."

And now your musical interlude, dedicated to Kobe Bean Bryant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BICCMZ9jspk

I fixed that for ya buddy.

DarkShadow
05-13-2013, 07:02 PM
65 points? Damn, maybe they DO need Rose out there.

fishinarteest
05-13-2013, 08:57 PM
65 points? Damn, maybe they DO need Rose out there.

Well wadoyou expect when your missing half your team, including a guy who is probably your best perimeter defender/scorer in Deng. Chicago just has no energy or bodies to take Miami. All I can say is better luck next year.

DarkShadow
05-14-2013, 03:19 PM
Well wadoyou expect when your missing half your team, including a guy who is probably your best perimeter defender/scorer in Deng. Chicago just has no energy or bodies to take Miami. All I can say is better luck next year.

Ahh, I thought that the comment you made a few days ago saying, "if they had that wimp derrick rose they would probably own us in a seven game series," was made taking into consideration that half their team was already gone, because when you made that comment, Hinrich and Deng were both already out and not expected to play, and Nate Robinson just got finished puking his guts out into trash cans courtside.

So essentially, you've moved from, "and if they had that wimp derrick rose they would probably own us in a seven game series," to "if they had EVERYONE they could take Miami?"

All i know is that I took a fellow Bulls fan at work to the cleaners when I bet him Miami would sweep Chicago after Game 1. I smell a new Megabass rod in my lineup.

fishinarteest
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Ahh, I thought that the comment you made a few days ago saying, "if they had that wimp derrick rose they would probably own us in a seven game series," was made taking into consideration that half their team was already gone, because when you made that comment, Hinrich and Deng were both already out and not expected to play, and Nate Robinson just got finished puking his guts out into trash cans courtside.

So essentially, you've moved from, "and if they had that wimp derrick rose they would probably own us in a seven game series," to "if they had EVERYONE they could take Miami?"

All i know is that I took a fellow Bulls fan at work to the cleaners when I bet him Miami would sweep Chicago after Game 1. I smell a new Megabass rod in my lineup.

Well I don't really count rose cuz he's obviously not coming back. But without rose Chicago does need all there guys. Missing Deng is bad cuz he's a guy who can put up 20pts a night, something that's badly missed on Chicago cuz they don't have anyone on there team who can really create any real offense besides Nate the great. And if Nate has to start that means Chicago has no one off the bench who can give them offense. Ultimately Chicago is far too banged up to win a series against Miami. Any victory against the team for Miami is a given considering Miami is healthy and the bulls are the opposite, ray Allen even said this himself.
As far as your bet I would take that bet if Chicago had one more healthy body. But considering the year they had you can't help but think they would do more damage if the whole team stayed healthy. Cuz to be honest Miami's only saving grace is the fact that they have the best player in the world on there team. Otherwise I thin this series would probably go in another direction.

But anyways Memphis/Miami finals, Miami takes it in 7.

DarkShadow
05-22-2013, 02:42 PM
But anyways Memphis/Miami finals, Miami takes it in 7.

Memphis isn't looking too hot....

fishinarteest
05-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Memphis isn't looking too hot....

Yea I was surprised. Thought they'd do way better, so guess its time to take it back to the grind house.

DarkShadow
05-23-2013, 08:50 AM
What an ending to last night's game.

Hibbert, what do you think about you being on the bench and watching Lebron hit a game winning...uh, layup?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18oixn0mq9homgif/ku-medium.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18oj1guxnijjvjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
"I thought you had him." "ME? That was YOUR man."

reservoir dog
05-23-2013, 09:15 AM
What an exciting game last night!!! Pacers could of stole it but blew it on the last play. Still don't understand why the coach pulled Hibbert out at the end. Sure he had 5 fouls but he needs to be out there guarding the paint. And then what...LeBron gets a lay up with 2 seconds left for the game winner. Even though the Pacers lost the first game I think they might still have a chance to pull an upset on the Eastern Conference Finals.

DarkShadow
05-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Even though the Pacers lost the first game I think they might still have a chance to pull an upset on the Eastern Conference Finals.

That's what they said about the Bulls, especially after they stomped Miami in Game 1. I think Miami is only going to get stronger as the series goes on.

Miami doesn't play so well after long rests, do they? Maybe it's in their best interest to smack the Pacers around a little bit and take it to Game 5 or 6 so that they minimize the amount of downtime they have until the Finals so that the break isn't too detrimental to their play.

fishinarteest
05-23-2013, 09:52 AM
That's what they said about the Bulls, especially after they stomped Miami in Game 1. I think Miami is only going to get stronger as the series goes on.

Miami doesn't play so well after long rests, do they? Maybe it's in their best interest to smack the Pacers around a little bit and take it to Game 5 or 6 so that they minimize the amount of downtime they have until the Finals so that the break isn't too detrimental to their play.

First off who said the bulls would beat Miami, yes with the way they played it was a possibility cuz they blew a couple of games in the 4th late in the 4th. But I don't believe anyone honestly expected the bulls to win. But the bulls did make it painfully obvious that if they were healthy they could beat Miami.

For the pacers honestly there probably gonna go 6or 7 games. There technically the only team in this conference who can beat Miami, and after the abundance of turnovers last night its clear that both teams are shaking off the rust. My overall point is, we'll see where this series is going come game 3. One thing for sure is that the pacers are gonna miss danny granger, cuz there gonna need a scorer or else other gonna accept Chicago's fate. Cuz part of what hurt Chicago was lack of offense.

DarkShadow
05-23-2013, 10:19 AM
First off who said the bulls would beat Miami...

My bad, you're right.

I should've specified, "myopic Bulls fans and Miami haters," which according to some polls, make up 33% of the NBA fan base today.

reservoir dog
05-23-2013, 11:45 AM
You know while watching the game and comparing the matchups, you can really see the size difference with Indiana being the bigger team. Either way, this series should be pretty exciting and I'm sure it's going to get ugly!!!!!!! :Head Bang:

fishinarteest
05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
My bad, you're right.

I should've specified, "myopic Bulls fans and Miami haters," which according to some polls, make up 33% of the NBA fan base today.

That's ironic because 80% of Miami fans makeup 90% of all NBA bandwagon fans. The other 10% are clipper fans.

fishinarteest
05-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Birdman Birdman

DarkShadow
05-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Birdman Birdman

When Birdman's offense is making you look silly, how on earth can someone say that the Pacers are in the same league as the Heat?

yes, I realize that everyone hates the Heat for having a front office who can create a great team, but cmon.....

fishinarteest
05-24-2013, 03:09 PM
When Birdman's offense is making you look silly, how on earth can someone say that the Pacers are in the same league as the Heat?

yes, I realize that everyone hates the Heat for having a front office who can create a great team, but cmon.....
Maybe its because if it wasn't for the mass of turnovers pacers average on a nightly basis they could win. Lebron had a trip dub and Miami still barely won. I'd say indianna has a decent shot. There main problem is they let Miami get in there head sometimes and start playing thug ball, fortunately we didn't see this last game. As far as birdmans offense I don't think that a very deciding factor. Actually the real deciding factor is Miami's bench versus the pacers bench.

And people dislike Miami cuz they are an overpowered team. Miami is a big market team and had a lot of money to give to good players to join there team. So now small market teams have no chance by default because they don't have the money to get good players. That's why people have always hated teams like the Lakers and the Celtics. The only teams that are an exception are Chicago cuz they play with 3xs the heart Miami does, and okc because Sam presti is an inhumanly good buissness man and was able to get good draft picks. But again there problem is they have no bench due in part to there lack of money.

But don't get me wring I hate Miami cuz lebron is a big*** cry baby and bosh left his team in the biggest most disrespectful and unprofessional way possible. And there superstar calls and flopping **** pisses me off to no end. Cuz its crap like that ruins the game and makes it harder the opposing teams to win fairly.

Another thing you have to realize is that lebron is the best player in the league, without lebron Miami would consistently make a second round exit. Mainly cuz bosh isn't a go to guy and dwade is unfortunately getting old. Lebron will always be the deciding factor for wins on this Miami team, without him they'll always be a bridesmaid but never a bride so to speak. And to be honest coaching isn't what drives this team at all. Going slightly off subject here but spoelstra is waaay overrated. His team makes him look good not the other way around and I wish people would get that, before they start saying things like spoelstra is better than Greg pop, or Karl, or even woodson or Jackson.

reservoir dog
05-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Still rooting for the Pacers to pull the upset...

DarkShadow
05-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Maybe its because if it wasn't for the mass of turnovers pacers average on a nightly basis they could win.

Maybe if the Pacers shot 100% from the field on a nightly basis, they could win.

fishinarteest
05-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Maybe if the Pacers shot 100% from the field on a nightly basis, they could win.

I think your mixing miami up with the 2000-2002 lakers. That team was unbeatable, no one could beat them, same for the bulls through the 90s. this miami team doesn't compare, this miami team is beatable. Now just cuz i say that doesn't mean they will lose, that just means that could very well lose. But if idianna plays one on one ball like the other night, they can't win.

fishinarteest
05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Still rooting for the Pacers to pull the upset...

me too, im tired of all this miami will win again crap. I want something unpredictable to happen. Just so basketball will at least be fun to watch again. But who am i kidding, the nba wants miami too win. friday was all the evidence i need of that.

koifish
05-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Bulls won 3 times in a row. Lakers, Houston won a couple of time in a row too...Miami only 1 time. now it is time for them to repeat...why not...they play the best right now. maybe San Antonio can slow them down in game 7. I am not a fan of the heat but the way they play right now they maybe repeated next year and more unless some team can beat them but does not look like...

DarkShadow
05-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Birdman Birdman

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4505/kbigpiclw.jpg

fishinarteest
06-01-2013, 04:54 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4505/kbigpiclw.jpg

He shouldve gotten thrown out for that. just sayin

fishinarteest
06-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Welp this series has been interesting. But it should be considering that no one probably appreciates being here more than san antonio, so even if they do lose it'll be a fight. But the spurs are probably the best team of this decade due mainly in part to greg pop.

reservoir dog
06-12-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm rootin for the Spurs! Would like to see Tim Duncan get another ring before he retires. Spurs in 6 but hopefully 5.

fishinarteest
06-13-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm rootin for the Spurs! Would like to see Tim Duncan get another ring before he retires. Spurs in 6 but hopefully 5.

Yea i think spurs in 6, maybe 5. they got lebron looking like wadoido wadoido. you see all those three pointers they dropped the other night, freakin green and neal were all over the place.

fishinarteest
06-19-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, if last night was any indication. I like the spurs chances of winning better than miamis right now.

MarkyMark
06-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Well, if last night was any indication. I like the spurs chances of winning better than miamis right now.

How so? Up by 5 with 30 seconds left? I'm by no means a future hall of famer, but I think Pop overcoached this one. Miami has the home court & LeBron on thier side..we will see

reservoir dog
06-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Still rootin' for the Spurs but they way this series has been...game 7 could be anyones game. I do believe the Spurs could of won if Pop didn't pull Duncan out of the game. And why are they letting Ginobli handle the ball? He had back to back turnovers towards the end. But you gotta give Ray Allen credit with that clutch 3 that tied the game...damn I wished he would of missed!!!

fishinarteest
06-19-2013, 10:10 PM
How so? Up by 5 with 30 seconds left? I'm by no means a future hall of famer, but I think Pop overcoached this one. Miami has the home court & LeBron on thier side..we will see

no team has won two in a row in this series. sas did well until the end when pop benched duncan for an unexplained reason, ginoblis counterpart turnobli showed up, and parker started running iso well after he went cold, and then miami only won by like 2 or 3 points. should be a good game tomorrow reguardless.

fishinarteest
06-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Still rootin' for the Spurs but they way this series has been...game 7 could be anyones game. I do believe the Spurs could of won if Pop didn't pull Duncan out of the game. And why are they letting Ginobli handle the ball? He had back to back turnovers towards the end. But you gotta give Ray Allen credit with that clutch 3 that tied the game...damn I wished he would of missed!!!

Dude allen is a beast at shooting those threes. But some unexplainable events on pops part led to miamis 3point victory. I also likes sas chances for the fact that(when pop isn't overthinking) pop outcoaches spo with the exception of game 3. all the other times miami won was, game 2 they had hot shooting, game 5 both lebron and dwade unexpectdly got going. You can prepare for lbj to get his, but when dwade start having a reinergized effort then drawing up plays can leave anyone scratching there head. Plus last night spo made mistakes like starting mike miller again(cuz that worked so well in game 5 right)

bass413
06-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Miami.........At home..........With one the GREATEST players of all time..........One of the GREATEST 3 point shooters of all time.......Plus D-Wade and Bosh.........AT HOME (It's worth mentioning twice)......in a game 7.

You guys can root for the Spurs all you like, Bron-bron's taking this one for back to back titles. The Spurs LOST the championship when they couldn't hold a 4 point lead WITH THE BALL and only 27+ seconds left towards the end of regulation of game 6 (practice those free throws kids, they CAN make a difference towards the end of the game!!). As much as I'd LOVE to see Duncan win another title (one of the best "nice guys" in all of professional sports), it's simply NOT going to happen. Miami by at least 7 in game 7.

LeBron will have 30+ points (again) and be close to (if not get) another triple double. So upset I have to work. Listening to a game on the radio no way compares to watching it, especially basketball.....

bass413
06-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Wow....Heat won by 7. Lebron had over 30, I should have went to Vegas!!!

fishinarteest
06-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow....Heat won by 7. Lebron had over 30, I should have went to Vegas!!!

Lebron was gonna get his, thats no surprise. heat winning was a surprise but wasn't. If im riles though, im looking at a roster change, miami had too many problems this post season. If they wanna start sweeping people they need to get a better team behind lbj, oh and maybe not sign bosh for so much. hes useless. Welp if youll excuse me, i gotta prepare for the mass of bandwagon fans that will be swarming my facebook.

Somebody has to give them a hard time LOL

bass413
06-21-2013, 12:32 PM
While I agree that Riley needs to drop Bosh's salary, Bosh needs to stay. And I don't think they have to sweep their way to championships, the ring fits the same whether you win the series in 4 or 7. LeBron BEGGED for help in Cleveland and didn't get it. He has the help to win back to back rings AND 27 games in a row in Miami right now. The big 3 need to be willing to adjust their salaries, Riley gets an affordable big man to help Bosh out in the paint, and they win 2, maybe 3 more rings, in a row. If they can somehow get a "good" big man, is it crazy to think this team could win 5 championships in a row?

DarkShadow
06-24-2013, 02:55 PM
... is it crazy to think this team could win 5 championships in a row?

5 rings, eh? Then that takes away the last argument that Kobe fans had on why he's better than Lebron. What can we point to now?! :-(

fishinarteest
07-01-2013, 03:33 PM
5 rings, eh? Then that takes away the last argument that Kobe fans had on why he's better than Lebron. What can we point to now?! :-(

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Kobe does not and has not compared to lebron for at least the last few years now. People need to learn the order.

1 lebron 2 Kevin Durant 3 Carmelo Anthony 4 Kobe Bryant 5 Dwayne wade and/or healthy Derrick rose.

EL JEFE
07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
I agree that Bosh should stay. Riles will look for a big man but it will be the improvement and ability to adapt that will win Miami additional champioships. The core of the roster can do it again. Interesting to see what will happen if Greg Odden ends up with Miami, if he isn't already on board. Who's Greg Oden, the player who was drafted # 1 just ahead of the #2 pick.....Kevin Durant in the 2007 draft! Also, Miami picked up a local CSULB player, G/F James Ennis. Things are in preparation for the Three-peat!!