PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Win The Fishing Vdeo Stars Competition

Poxy Boggards
04-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Hey FNN,

Voting has begun for the best videos in the Fishing Video Stars competition, and I need your help to get back in the running. Many of you have seen my videos this season, and reports over the last 6 years here on FNN. I always try to help my fellow anglers out with what is currently working and show that in my videos. If you have gleaned some insight from my reports over the years, if I have helped you on the water, or if you respect the huge ammount of work that I have put in to help bring you the Healing for Reeling tournament scheduled for this upcoming Saturday, then heck, you probably owe me something... All I ask is that you click on the link below, look for my submission under Wes Wright and vote for my video. Thanks for reading and voting!

http://www.fishinglakes.com/fishing-video-stars/

Wes Wright
Poxy Boggards

jomamma
04-01-2013, 01:34 PM
you got my vote. best of luck

Cadillyak
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Your video's are always epic. Gonna place a vote now!!!

Poxy Boggards
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Big Thanks jomama and Cadillyak (Like the screen name BTW!)

Poxy Boggards
04-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Bump it up for more looks!

Phishinghookz
04-03-2013, 12:02 AM
Hey FNN,

Voting has begun for the best videos in the Fishing Video Stars competition, and I need your help to get back in the running. Many of you have seen my videos this season, and reports over the last 6 years here on FNN. I always try to help my fellow anglers out with what is currently working and show that in my videos. If you have gleaned some insight from my reports over the years, if I have helped you on the water, or if you respect the huge ammount of work that I have put in to help bring you the Healing for Reeling tournament scheduled for this upcoming Saturday, then heck, you probably owe me something... All I ask is that you click on the link below, look for my submission under Wes Wright and vote for my video. Thanks for reading and voting!

http://www.fishinglakes.com/fishing-video-stars/

Wes Wright
Poxy Boggards
I would vote for you but im also in the video stars...its amazing to see the top two of the list have soooo many votes...i watched zookzwad votes go from 281 to 600+ in a matter of hours...lol...wish i had that many votes...gl poxy see you on april 20th...

Rooster
04-03-2013, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Phishinghookz;665384]I would vote for you but im also in the video stars...its amazing to see the top two of the list have soooo many votes...i watched zookzwad votes go from 281 to 600+ in a matter of hours...lol...wish i had that many votes...gl poxy see you on april 20th.../QUOTE]

It clearly turned into a popularity contest and not a true best video contest. :Head Bang: A for effort Wes.

seal
04-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Very good video, very nice editing. My big contention with these videos is because of the Go Pro mounting and angle of shot they all look the same, although some like yours offer more than just the same over the shoulder angles they still have the same feel and look all you can do is some good editing and some effects to change the look. Much better when you have somebody alive taking the video.

Good luck on the contest!

Poxy Boggards
04-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks Guys! Appreciate the feedback. Still have a chance to win the fish off, but I haven't given up hope yet.

Wes

elfarolitojr03
04-03-2013, 02:52 PM
nice video Wes.

I too am in the contest. I agree with Rooster about the popularity contest. My video was the first video I ever made and Im surprised i made it to the top twenty.I was thinking about making a thread too but then i felt people would say bad things lol. but hey i guess its working, maybe you could vote for my vid too haha

Best of luck to you Wes, and Rooster.

See you guys out there soon.

Jesse Sandoval
elfarolitojr03

FKNChristopH
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Popularity contest for sure.

*shakka*

TroutMerc
04-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Aww, I'm shocked that you guys think I'm popular! Hahaha! I'm a nobody. Lots of you guys are far more popular than I am or ever will be. I know all of us that made a video for this contest worked our asses off with the resources we have. I'm ALSO surprised by my vote jump. We should restart this contest

FKNChristopH
04-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Something may be wrong with the links, I know personally of 30 people who "voted" for me but my tally was only at 23.. Oh well

*shakka*

***edit***

Yes I know you can't vote more than once from a certain IP address. The 30 people were from different computers and some from out of state (relatives)

fishinglakes.com
04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
NOTICE: Due to technical difficulty with the design of the Voting Application we were using, we noticed that many votes in this contest were not being counted correctly. The Application would intermittently fail and become unstable. As such, we determined that for the purpose of this contest, the Voting Application could no longer be trusted to record accurate voting.

As such, to keep the contest fair and to make sure that all votes get counted correctly, we had to make some technical adjustments to fix the problem and start the contest over. Don’t worry, there is still plenty of time to vote, or re-vote if that’s the case, because the voting does not end until April 30th, 2013.

NOW, votes must be done through your facebook account. It is our intention to make sure that every vote gets counted correctly and voting through the facebook integrated application is the best way.

The 20 All Star Finalists have put a lot of work and skill into making these fantastic videos for us to watch and enjoy and they all deserve a trusted method of accurately recording the votes.

Let the votes begin: http://www.fishinglakes.com/fishing-video-stars/

Thank you!

Phishinghookz
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Aww, I'm shocked that you guys think I'm popular! Hahaha! I'm a nobody. Lots of you guys are far more popular than I am or ever will be. I know all of us that made a video for this contest worked our asses off with the resources we have. I'm ALSO surprised by my vote jump. We should restart this contest
yeah i was shocked as well...thanks for the restart Craig...

FKNChristopH
04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Anyone having trouble voting? Ive had like 6 family members try to vote for me with failed attempts. Thanks!

*shakka*

TroutMerc
04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Ya, they either say "I voted" and the numbers don't change or they get redirected to a blank page and assume the vote went through.

Anyone having trouble voting? Ive had like 6 family members try to vote for me with failed attempts. Thanks!

*shakka*

socal114
04-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Quite interesting how the numbers are so different this time around...Jus' sayin:Rolls Eyes:

fishinglakes.com
04-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Ya, they either say "I voted" and the numbers don't change or they get redirected to a blank page and assume the vote went through.

When you click the "View and Vote" Button and then see a blank screen, scroll the page up to the top and you will see the "Vote" button to click next to your video. The videos toward the bottom of the list all do that.
Thanks