PDA

View Full Version : DVLl Trolling Etiquette

Hardcor
04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
There is an etiquette to trolling. The Reel Brothers encounter a lake guide why'll trolling the west end

http://youtu.be/uygesJxot9w

JJT
04-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I was expecting a yellow Skeeter bass boat...... hahaha j/k

troutsniffer
04-01-2013, 10:18 AM

lol, good one

Hardcor
04-03-2013, 02:22 PM

I'm fishing with Pete sometime in mid April , I love learning !

JJT
04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Because knowledge is power!

flyhigh123
04-03-2013, 02:33 PM
lol, nice... i had a question. looking at your rod holders, when making a sharper turn, what keeps them from not getting ripped out if a fish hit the lure?

Pete Marino
04-03-2013, 03:57 PM
hey you guys suck hahahaha... Seeing that video reminds me of trolling Big Bear for trout. I havent done it in a while I think Ill have to go towards the end of April!!

Pete

Hardcor
04-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Because knowledge is power!

Thank you for that, realize this when you are young, not an old goat like me.

Hardcor
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
lol, nice... i had a question. looking at your rod holders, when making a sharper turn, what keeps them from not getting ripped out if a fish hit the lure?

The rod holders are pointed at 45% forward, this causes a big bend in the rod. With the big bend in the rod I can see how my big baits are running. When a Striper hits that big bait the pressure of that bent rod sticks those big treble hooks past the bone and I think I lose less big fish. If you notice we are trolling leadcore line with giant baits.

Thank you for asking flyhigh123

Hardcor
04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
hey you guys suck hahahaha... Seeing that video reminds me of trolling Big Bear for trout. I havent done it in a while I think Ill have to go towards the end of April!!

Pete

Pete, My brother and I are fishing you some time in April, I have not got the date yet. He talked to you at the Bass Pro. I am big time jazzed about that day. Keven told me I'm going to learn a lot
and be ready. I am ready ! I wanted to tell you that I refer to the video you made when the water was at it's lowest all the time. The structure is there and a great video.

Thank you Pete, I can't wait to step aboard

Pete Marino
04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
I look forward to having you on board for some serious bass abuse!!!!!