PDA

View Full Version : Lake skinner 3-30-2013

jnitrobass
04-01-2013, 05:32 AM
We hit the water at open time was a little foggy to start and chilly.got two largemouth right away on senkos bite was slow much of the day.water temp was 67 all over the lake.lots of algae starting to form.we ended up with 16 largemouth on a tough day.most fish were 2-3 pounds not picture worthy.drop shotting 4 inch worms in the deeper tullies was the most productive.caught a few bed fish on white tubes.lake was down another two feet.lots of fish crusing the shallows but not locked down on nests.got to put in your time to catch them.

fish-hound
04-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the report! Funny how a lot of people way they want a skinner thread but when there is a rare skinner post that isn't from PAW like this it barely gets 240 views and no responses... not a good case for a skinner thread. Where on the lake did you fish? I shore fish there once in awhile and am wondering if the shallow bite is there yet at the shore accessible areas.

P.A.W.
04-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Sounds like a pretty good day Jeff! I was out on Monday and the stripers are still AWOL so went to the south shore tulies. You're right about the smallish males cruising. Saw just bunches of 'em. Didn't have my dropshot stuff with me though. Hey man, as long as the stripers aren't playing we need to hookup for my LMB clinic.

Hardcor
04-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I appreciate the report, Thank you, 16 fish is a good day