PDA

View Full Version : Easter Sunrise Services for the Late Striper Family

DMS
03-31-2013, 06:41 PM
We didn't get out with the fleet Saturday since Lulu gave a performance with her Tai Chi Sword in front of about 100 people. I thought she was the best performance of the night and I am not biased! :Applause:

After reading of BassFan's lost Rod and Fishin' With Phil's unfortunate quick limit out on Dog, I was not deterred that this would be a great day on the water!

Lulu was excited to get out on Sunday too and cooked up some Yaki Udon noodles to pack in for lunch! Things keep getting better!

I heard that the lake was crowded yesterday and it seemed the weather must have been great, but Sunday called for a chance of rain and perhaps another slight turn in the weather (which means wind).

Got to the lake and was the only boat in line until Karlow pulls up behind me without his squid rigs. We took a moment to compare notes and admire each other's boat and it was fishin' time.

Launched the boat and got started. Took a trolling lap around the marina but cut the rotation short with Karlow anchoring up at the buoy line... thought I picked up some grass on the troller so while winding it in... Fish On! Lulu slipped the net around a nice skunk killer less than 10 minutes of leaving the dock and the that fish spit the hook as soon as he was wrapped up.

Another lap and I left Karlow to enjoy his spot and took off. I had been thinking all night of trying some spots that I haven't hit lately, but that seem to be good from reports, but I stuck to my regular place again. I was really feeling good to be the only boat in sight on the whole lake (at least from leaving the marina until about 10:30 or so).

Motored around the area as I had the place to myself and ended up feeling it better in my favorite spot as planned. Marks were nothing like last Saturday, but hey, still good sign. Got the anchor down and got the lines out... I was still itching to give the other areas a look, but needed to give it reasonable time. Then the bite was on! We either picked or got red hot until we had limits at 12:15, with a couple bonus kitties.

Several times, we were both on at the same time, once in particular, I had our biggest fish, about a 5 pound, P/O'd striper on the 6# line. That fish thought she was a yellowfin and the drag screamed and must have been well past halfway across the section of the lake where I was and finally back a bit then around the bow and under the bow anchor rope. Lulu was on at the same time too and finally, the big net was under my prize and then Lulu's! While unhooking them another rod goes off!

Every now and then it would slow a bit and I would pour some coffee, or cut some bait, or reset the rods. Karlow was in the area and hunting for striper alley.

It was getting to be about 11:45 or so and we got a spot of rain. After 11 or so, we started getting some wind and we were looking down at filling limits and getting out before we got in the worsening wind and rainy threats.

Finished up at 12:15 and pulled the anchors up... hey! my anchor held in the wind, even when it shifted and it produced too! We checked in on Karlow who was still trying to get nessie to bit his squid rig and enjoyed a nice run back to the marina. Took some photos and packed up the trailer and as we were heading home, Karlow was done so we compared striper recipes. Seems he ended up with fish too.

The rain washed off the boat from all the blood and slime on the deck on the way home and I told Lulu that I think this was the best Easter I can remember. Back home, I cut about half the fish and friends came by to pick up a fish or two.

It was a good day!

DMS399363993739938

trail blazer
03-31-2013, 08:24 PM
another mid slay DMS,,,,,,,,You,v been rockin it out there,,,,,,,nice!

TRAIL BLAZER

MikesOcean
03-31-2013, 11:38 PM
That place is on fire and so are you! Great job!!!

TroutOnly
04-01-2013, 08:57 AM
WAY TO SLAY DMS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DONT LISTEN TO KARLOW ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HE'S A WANKER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bassfan
04-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Good job getting an early limit of nice fish. TO has turned out an army of trained striper killers and I would bet that this year will see a big drop in striper population. Luckily they will be making more in the spring.
You were lucky to have an uncrowded lake. Saturday had party pontoons, jetskiers, and pleasure boaters yelling and swimming very close to where we were fishing. Summer is close!

flyhigh123
04-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Congrats on the fishing and the limits! Pics look great and how great is it to limit in a few hours!

fishinone
04-01-2013, 03:42 PM
What? Only limits?

karlow
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Hey DMS.
Nice killing on Sunday!

I see you have been busy Bob good work for a wanker!.
The plan is to be back in the hunt on Sat. with Jack.
I need some sweet kitty love to go with them there stripies!
Too bad I have to work for a living guys.

See ya on the water!