PDA

View Full Version : Cudas, pancakes, grunion and drunk ATTACKS

DanyoWanyo
03-31-2013, 10:22 AM
hey guys me and my cousin decided to hit the surf last night for the grunion run in hopes of catching anything. since my cousin has carried the sweet skunk since the beginning of the year. we get out to our A.O. and start casting my cousin is using the xrap subwalk and I am using the LC FM110.
My cousin gets a couple strikes and farms about 3 fish, i continue to cast and then im on! gives me a good run and its a barracuda sweeeeeet! never got one from the surf. Then I hear a yell to my left and my cousin is own WOOOHOOO no more skunk! we get a couple more barracuda and i also get my very first halibut from the surf a little pancake but a halibut none the less.
now for the real story! now i just hooked up again to another barracuda as I am releasing it I glance back because I see this guy walking towards my stuff which i placed down right next to a family we were fishing next too. So I continue watching him, thinking hes going to try to steal either my bag or my cousins and take off with them. He doesn't do that but leans over grabs a handful of sand and throws it into the face of this gentleman who was sitting in his lawnchair fishing, minding his own business. and then continues to sucker punch him. long story short the man who gets sucker punch goes on and knocks out the man who hits him. police arrive and he is taken away. crazy night and that drunk is so lucky he didnt touch the mans daughter especially since she was only 4. he would have had 4 grown men beating the crap out of him instead of one :EyePop:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/xdanimals/photo1_zps05c86eb1.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/xdanimals/photo2_zpsd8372f3a.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/xdanimals/photo4_zps6f46a1e5.jpg

Nipple Twister
03-31-2013, 10:55 AM
WOW!!!!! what a night!

Thanks for sharing and ahhhhhh, be careful out there.........

Which Way Out
03-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you had an interesting time and caught some cool fish too.

Would of been fun to hog tie the fool and leave him in the tide zone....

WWO

WAHBAM
03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Looks like you're in Long Beach, maybe a drunk from 2nd street haha

PTN
03-31-2013, 06:56 PM
Finally! Congrats Daniel. Cuda on top of the halibut catch too. And a crazy story to remember on top of it. Are those your new waders you got on or you own a pair of nylon pants? :LOL:. You guys take any grunion home for a fish fry?

-Peter

Jaysuuun
03-31-2013, 09:09 PM
You gentlemen are brave fishing an area at night with drunk people roaming around. LOL Nice job on the cudas.

sidified
03-31-2013, 09:11 PM
Lucky those cudas didn't cut your line or ruin your LC!
When cudas are in the area I switch over to a baseball bat!..
If they're not in the area.....it still comes in handy for randy drunks..HA!
Best,
Sid

DockRat
03-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Good to hear about some Cuda around.
DR

bachiboy
04-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Nice job on the mini logs and pancake. Crazy situation with the boozer, though. Be careful out there.

Congrats!
Don

skunked4life
04-01-2013, 06:59 AM
That's 2 posts in one! Thanks for the fishing report AND the "what's the strangest thing you've seen while fishing" report!