PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Over-the-counter replacement

peterng0
03-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Hey FNN,

Has anyone gone through Shimano's over-the-counter replacement for their rod? I just broke my Compre today and went to Turners & called BassPro and they both said that they don't do the replacements anymore. Is the only way to get it replaced now is to contact Shimano and go through them? Or is there a certain shop that you have to go to? I live near the San Bernardino/Riverside area and there's no other places I can think of that would probably do the replacement.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- Peter

dkinla
03-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Try your local, small tackle shop that is an authorized Shimano dealer. I don't know about Riverside area at all... But usually the smaller tackle store businesses would do the OTC replacement.

I took mine to Fish'n Fools and Bob Sands here in the valley without any problems before.

peterng0
03-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Thanks dkinla, there aren't too many small tackle shops in my area.. I might be too far inland? All the ones I could think of are in the OC area.. I might have to just go through with Shimano.

BTW, thanks for posting up all of those deals you find!

cutbait
03-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Sports chalet and tacklewarehouse and straight to shimano has all worked for me

riverside_angler
03-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Last chance does it. There is a $10 charge. I've done it there before.

peterng0
03-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll already emailed Shimano but I'll look into Last Chance as well.