PDA

View Full Version : Is Big Bear still slamming?

KidTrout
03-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I slammed them last week and was wondering if the fish are still spawning in boulder bay and the dam? Any other good spots that I should try?

Mr T-rex
03-29-2013, 12:51 PM
I hope so im heading out there next week :) .. Any tips ??

IncredibleHuck
03-29-2013, 02:18 PM
With the warmer weather the fish will start spreading out. Wouldnt be surprised if they were already doing so.

seal
03-29-2013, 03:02 PM
With the warmer weather the fish will start spreading out. Wouldnt be surprised if they were already doing so.

I hope so Huck. They are too vulnerable right now and it's a slaughter, much better when it takes a little work to catch fish in my opinion. Time to renew the floattube permit!

KidTrout
03-29-2013, 03:08 PM
I hope so im heading out there next week :) .. Any tips ??

Use mini jigs in browns or Grays. Same colors for flies.

KidTrout
03-29-2013, 03:10 PM

Yea I wouldn't doubt it that they are starting to go deeper either.

geedavell
03-30-2013, 08:33 AM
I hope so Huck. They are too vulnerable right now and it's a slaughter, much better when it takes a little work to catch fish in my opinion. Time to renew the floattube permit!

You need a permit to float tube there?
Where and how do you get them?

seal
03-30-2013, 09:19 AM
You need a permit to float tube there?
Where and how do you get them?

Check this site out it will fill you in on where, they are not cheap $15 daily and $50 annual, and you will be checked! Chances of launching during the day not being checked are not good. In the past you could just pay the boat when they come by and check you but I do not know if this is still valid.

http://www.californiasgreatestlakes.com/big_bear/big_bear_boating.html

geedavell
03-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Good info. Thanks

Troutin Man
03-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Check this site out it will fill you in on where, they are not cheap $15 daily and $50 annual, and you will be checked! Chances of launching during the day not being checked are not good. In the past you could just pay the boat when they come by and check you but I do not know if this is still valid.

http://www.californiasgreatestlakes.com/big_bear/big_bear_boating.html

That is news to me. I don't float tube (yet) so to hear 15 smackers a day is a bit steep! That's more than good ole Corona and SARL...more than pay lakes?

geedavell
03-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Irvine charges $0 for float tube but you still pay to fish, which ain't bad. Big Bear charges nothing to fish so float tube fees are reasonable. Nothing is free anymore. I'd probably just get the $50 annual pass. if I spend 2 weekends a year up there it will pay for itself

FSHNLIC
03-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Was there today... they are heading deep