PDA

View Full Version : 3/28 Bass Bite

karalm
03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Got to the Vine early and on the water by 6:15. Temp started at 62 degrees and max'd to 64 by days end. Hit up all the normal bass spots and snagged (11) bass on grn pumpkin worms from 1 to over 3 lbs. This one was one of the best caught. Beautiful weather and little breeze by high was in lower 70's. Tried for trout but no love. Enjoy the crowd this weekends tourney.

pvue
03-29-2013, 08:09 PM
nice catch and thx for the temp readings those help out a lot :)

Brent
03-30-2013, 10:09 PM
Great job on the largie!
Saw quite a few guys fishing in a barrel (bed fishing) last week there. One guy had the tripod video set up and was using the net then weighing 1.5 pound bass.
We were laughing our butts off. I don't get what the deal is with that?
Anyone can get fish to go on beds. Leave them alone for the next generation. If that's the only way you can catch bass......that's sad.
Great job on the big non-bed bass. We did pretty well even with a late start (work). None as big as yours though!

Brent

karalm
03-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Great job on the largie!
Saw quite a few guys fishing in a barrel (bed fishing) last week there. One guy had the tripod video set up and was using the net then weighing 1.5 pound bass.
We were laughing our butts off. I don't get what the deal is with that?
Anyone can get fish to go on beds. Leave them alone for the next generation. If that's the only way you can catch bass......that's sad.
Great job on the big non-bed bass. We did pretty well even with a late start (work). None as big as yours though!

Brent

Brent,
Bed or sight fishing is not generally easy. Yes the fish are or around on beds this time of year but I just recently also fished Lake Havasu where most of the fish were on beds and also most fish on beds generally do not bite. I have had friends in tournies see huge fish, try them for 2 hrs to get bit and no-go! Its not the only way to catch bass but a way at this time of year. BTW when I do catch and release like I always do, the fish generally go back or around to their beds. They still do their thing one way or another and the species lives on as the Vine has a heathy population.