PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Friday 3/30--need water info

fongster
03-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi gang, it's been awhile since I've been there. Where's the water level at? I'll be bassing and wonder if it's high enough there's flooded brush--all the stuff in santiago flats was way out of the water when I went in December. Also, what launch ramp is in use? Thanks.

fishfnatic
03-27-2013, 07:21 AM
The water level isn't much higher then it was in December from what I remember of December. There is tons of structure under the water. The main launch ramp is where you would launch. The bass are so hungry I was out there last weekend fishing for trout with plastics, I landed more bass then trout. Most of the bass were in 12-18 fow. Caught a nice sized one in 22 fow that was 20" long but I didn't have a way to weigh it. Was at least 3lbs. Good luck out there I am sure you will find them, like I said I wasn't even looking for them and I couldn't keep them off my line.

Big Willy
03-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Try around the dock in the flats and the cove behind it. There are all kinds of bass around that thing.

fongster
03-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Thanks, guys! I'll post on how it went.

fongster
03-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Quick follow-up. I fished with my daughter 3/30. Water was calm and clear--perfect if you are into sight fishing (I'm not really). Anyway, the water seemed to be lower than when I last visited in December. I was bummed as I wanted to fish flooded brush--there was none. The shallow water was barren mud or rock with super clean water. You could see the fish and they could see you. We only got a 3 pounder on a worm and a 1.5 on a spinnerbait (off of a very rare dead bush). There was a lot of filmy green slime algae in spots. I saw a nice 5-6 pounder in Sierra Cove I tried to get but I snagged the dead tree and stirred the silt. She didn't spook so I think I had a shot at her as she had nipped my bait. My 8 y/o got antsy, so I had to bail on that fish. A dying TM battery ended our day at 2 pm. We had a good time on the water nonetheless.