PDA

View Full Version : California aqueduct

SoCalFisher606
03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Hello duct fishermen,

I'm looking to make my first trip to the aqueduct. I've never fished it before so I was wondering if anyone knows the closest part of the duct to me. I live in glendora which is where the 210 and 57 freeways meet. I'm aware that there's also the Los Angeles aqueduct? Is that one fishable as well? And what lures work best for the strikers there? Thanks for the help

carpanglerdude
03-26-2013, 11:14 PM
I don't believe you will be able to fish the LA aquaduct anywhere near you. From what I understand, it is mostly covered up in that region. It's not like the aqueduct out in Palm Springs, etc. Your best bet for stripers would be to hit up Castaic or Silverwood, based on your location.

The closet aqueduct with stripers in it would be the portion that runs near Diamond Valley and Skinner, or (perhaps?) the part that empties into Devils Basin in San Bernardino. Water from Silverwood travels from here down to Perris and more. Unfortunately, it is all off limits.

http://i.imgur.com/Wbqw5kv.jpg

bowler
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
take the 15 north and get off at the 138 and head west you will run into the aqueduct along there.

Nessie Hunter
03-27-2013, 09:41 AM
carpanglerdude...
That is a pic of the Devils Canyon Power plant.
All off limits (unless you have juice)..
That water flows out of Silverwood into the power plant....
All underground from there to Perris and on to DVL...

You can google map the duct and follow it for 400+ miles..
Most areas are open to fishing, with Walk In Gates.

Closest to you in Glendora would be either 138 West of the I-15, or the Hesperia area....

Kingfish Addict
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
You could take the 15 north, then 395 north to the aqueduct in Phelan. I believe it's way closer in mileage than taking the 138 west...but you have your options.