PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Bay Bonefish go's wide open 3-25

Hardcor
03-26-2013, 10:44 AM
My brother and I pumped a bunch of ghost Shrimp and headed to the eel grass to fish for Bonefish. It was the last two hours of the out going tide and the wind was pushing against the tide. We were using 7 foot rods and 4 pound fluorocarbon line with a no. 4 wire Shrimp hook. The set up was a Carolina rig with a 3 foot leader. We started doing controlled drift's over the eel grass until we found them. There was a 20 dollar bet for most fish caught and released. It went wide open for two hours and I think we caught and released over 22 Bonefish. The reason why I say I think is, because I rely on my camera which malfunctioned for the first time. It is not the first time that it has gone wide on us in the eel grass. When you find them and there hungry it get's crazy. This video show the last wide open bite on the eel grass,it's similar to yesterday.

http://youtu.be/LbFPd5i2zPE

Wingnut
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Never caught a Bonefish, always wanted to... :Envious:
Heard they pull like a freight train. Must have been fun on light line. :Thumbs Up:

one long cast
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
great video guys that looked like fun.

peanutbutter
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
sick vid
and looks like great fun

Sonnyyy
03-26-2013, 08:55 PM
looks like a blast! you guys are hilarious :LOL:

DockRat
03-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Nice video. Hold one up for the camera next time.
A little slime never hurt anyone, get a rag, lol.

Hardcor
03-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Never caught a Bonefish, always wanted to... :Envious:
Heard they pull like a freight train. Must have been fun on light line. :Thumbs Up:

We have schools of hundreds of Bonefish at a time in San Diego Bay. All year round. Finding them in a big bay like San Diego some times is a challenge, But it pays off big time.
It is a blast on light line, You can only hook them on light line.

Hardcor
03-27-2013, 09:20 AM
great video guys that looked like fun.

Thank You for watching the video, and yes it is a blast !

Hardcor
03-27-2013, 09:23 AM
sick vid
and looks like great fun

Sick means good right ? Thank You Peanutbutter means a lot !

Hardcor
03-27-2013, 09:28 AM
looks like a blast! you guys are hilarious :LOL:

There is nothing like fishing with your brothers.

Hilarious ! That's the real part of The Reel Brothers. Thank You Sonnyyy

Hardcor
03-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Nice video. Hold one up for the camera next time.
A little slime never hurt anyone, get a rag, lol.

This is for you DockRat, a good look at a Bonefish with out the rag, Thank You !

http://youtu.be/Y6jgEST1cEA

PTN
03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the videos! Looks like an awesome time on the boat catching bonefish. Looking forward to your next videos.

-Peter

bachiboy
03-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Very cool video again! Seems like you have that bay dialed in pretty nicely. What next...corvina video? :Wink:

Thanks for sharing!
Don

Jaysuuun
03-28-2013, 04:11 AM
Another nice vid. I didn't know you could catch bonefish in SD. Always thought they were only native to Florida waters. Looks like fun. Those fish can really pull!

murrieta angler
03-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Sweet session Brotha!
I saw an episode of Inside Sportfishing and it was about Bone Fishing down in S.D.
They actually showed the guys ghost shrimp spot, I was pretty surprised at that.
They than went South and launched out of Chula Vista, maybe 1/2 mile out.
I enjoy your videos alot, thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

Captwoody
03-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Awesome video fish same area for similar results a times best day 21 bones from now till oct usually at least 2-8. how many yellowfin and spot fin did you have to weed through.I usually have a 1 to eight ratio but it looks like you might be more dialed on the depth/tide/shelf location for locating them.i have never seen them finning like in florida have you
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/5/7/9/8/bonefish.jpg

Which Way Out
03-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Cool video, reminds me of the only one I ever caught.

20+ years ago from the surf in Carlsbad. Not many cell phones with cameras around back then,:Crying:
WWO

cutbait
03-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Love the video.

Watching it, you guys resemble Sheriff Buford T Justices and Junior.

"But Daddy"

" Put the evidence in the caaaaar"

Double A
03-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Never thought I'd watch a video of two brothers into consistent boning...

What's worse,,, is that I enjoyed it !!!

Great video guys... Drag check,,, LMAO

cutbait
03-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Lol. "Boning"

DockRat
03-30-2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the vids. Look like my buddies 24' Ranger Bayrunner bow ?
DR

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the videos! Looks like an awesome time on the boat catching bonefish. Looking forward to your next videos.

-Peter

Thank you Peter, I appreciate the comments.

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Very cool video again! Seems like you have that bay dialed in pretty nicely. What next...corvina video? :Wink:

Thanks for sharing!
Don

I have work San Diego Bay hard sense I put my Sportfisher at the Kona Ki. Yes I just had a great day on big Corvina, the video will come soon. It's hard to stop fishing to put together a video. It's the week end so I'll try to get it up along with a Leopard Shark video to.
Thank's a lot Don.

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Another nice vid. I didn't know you could catch bonefish in SD. Always thought they were only native to Florida waters. Looks like fun. Those fish can really pull!

Bonefish are abundant in San Diego Bay,but catching them regularly is a different story. Hey Jaysuun, I replied once to your comment on getting a GoPro for your surf outings. I suggested me videoing
you and your team on a surf mission and you and your buddies will wear my GoPro's at the same time. I think it would make a good video for this channel.

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Sweet session Brotha!
I saw an episode of Inside Sportfishing and it was about Bone Fishing down in S.D.
They actually showed the guys ghost shrimp spot, I was pretty surprised at that.
They than went South and launched out of Chula Vista, maybe 1/2 mile out.
I enjoy your videos alot, thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><

Bonefish are abundant in San Diego bay,But catching them with regularity is a different story. I have fished them hard sense my put my sportfisher in San Diego bay.

Thank you your comments and liking the video's Robert !

PS I out fish the Inside Sportfishing crew every time, No brag just fact !

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Awesome video fish same area for similar results a times best day 21 bones from now till oct usually at least 2-8. how many yellowfin and spot fin did you have to weed through.I usually have a 1 to eight ratio but it looks like you might be more dialed on the depth/tide/shelf location for locating them.i have never seen them finning like in florida have you
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/5/7/9/8/bonefish.jpg

Spotfin Croaker, Yellowfin Croaker, Corvina, Spotted Bay Bass, Sargo and Bonefish all at the same time. Is that great or what Captwoody.
Thank you for sharing that with me. 21 bones in a day, Great day !
Thank You !
PS I have fished that spot in the back ground, Great spot !
PS Notice the yellow pectoral fins, The Bonefish I catch at Christmas Island , Costa Rica and Florida are blue.

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Cool video, reminds me of the only one I ever caught.

20+ years ago from the surf in Carlsbad. Not many cell phones with cameras around back then,:Crying:
WWO

There are Bonefish in the Carlsbad estuary, fish the mouth of the estuary on the tide movements with Ghost Shrimp

Thank's for watching WWO !

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Love the video.

Watching it, you guys resemble Sheriff Buford T Justices and Junior.

"But Daddy"

" Put the evidence in the caaaaar"

You and your brother better get ready, I want to see Trail Blazer with a bald head !

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:50 AM

Thank you Double A

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Lol. "Boning"

If you lose I think Trail Blazer should shave cutbaits head and cutbait shaves Trail Blazer head !

Hardcor
03-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the vids. Look like my buddies 24' Ranger Bayrunner bow ?
DR

You got that right, one of my babies.

Thank's again Dockrat

dlmoo312
03-30-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the cool vid! I've always heard about the SD bonefish.. looks like a lot of fun:Big Grin:

-Daniel

trail blazer
03-30-2013, 06:32 PM
If you lose I think Trail Blazer should shave cutbaits head and cutbait shaves Trail Blazer head !

Works for me hardcore,,,,,,,,,,,But don,t count us out just yet,,,,,Maby we,l get lucky!

love all the vids,,,great job!

Hardcor
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for sharing the cool vid! I've always heard about the SD bonefish.. looks like a lot of fun:Big Grin:

-Daniel

Thank you Daniel, You know there are bonefish all the way up to LA harbor.

sidified
04-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Who the, what the?..Bonefish in Diego? And I had to go to Christmas Island!!!??:EyePop:

Hardcor
04-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Who the, what the?..Bonefish in Diego? And I had to go to Christmas Island!!!??:EyePop:

I did the same thing !

SP Dan
04-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Hey Hardcor,

I'm really enjoying your posted videos! What's next?

Thanx for another entertaining report!

SP Dan <"))><

Hardcor
04-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Hey Hardcor,

I'm really enjoying your posted videos! What's next?

Thanx for another entertaining report!

SP Dan <"))><

Thank You SP Dan ! The next video came out today. Leopard Sharks in San Diego Bay ! Thanks for watching !