PDA

View Full Version : Lower Owens Report 3/26/2013

rmnv505
03-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Ok folks just got back from a weekend of fishing and although it wasnt wide open we did manage to get a few trout. The weather over this past weekend was a little warm and the fish were not overly active. we managed to pull in a few and our group caught 2 good sized trout, the rest were stockers. :Envious:

they were hitting on rainbow powerbait for the most part and some were hitting on garlic. I tossed some panther martins out with no love at all and if you are planning on going up to fish the lower owens make sure you have ALOT of gear ready because you will be re-tieng a whole lot. This past weekend it was pretty crowded up their so we had to do alot of walking which was pretty difficult if you have a 5 year old.

anyways heres the pics....enjoy!

Me and my son holding the big boys!

Group shot of me and my sons fish, some of them would have been tossed back but they swallowed the hook so we had to keep them.

And the beast, which was caught by my cousin about a week before the blake jones trout derby, this is what we were after but we had no takers.

FSHNLIC
03-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for sharing... can't wait to get up there myself!!! Looks like you guys stayed at the Bristlecone in Big Pine... Tight Lines and full tails!!!

rmnv505
03-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing... can't wait to get up there myself!!! Looks like you guys stayed at the Bristlecone in Big Pine... Tight Lines and full tails!!!

LOL, damn your good....ya we stayed at bristlecone.

hamdenst
04-03-2013, 05:41 PM
thanks for the post, great pics. thinking about heading up next week.