PDA

View Full Version : Bitter sweetness at the Wood

fishincouple
03-26-2013, 09:00 AM
Shot out at the Wood yesterday morning. Driving in on the FS road we see a fire down at Live Oak Boat Landing area and the reflectors on a vehicle...WOW...they're here early...cuz we we early as all hell. Made the hike down to the shore. :EyePop: I have never witnessed a striper boil event like I saw!!! Threw everything....(not having much striper experience) at them...both my brother and I...no love. But WOW...what a sight. Sure would like to be able to get one of those. Fished all day for trout and some bass...nada! Nice day until the wind blew us out at 2pm.

Now for the bitterness...The couple that were camping on the Live Oak Landing area.....DON'T COME BACK....if you know what's good for you.
I had the luxury of taking down your license plate number, and make/model/color of your late model, dark colored, Chevy P-U with camper shell and light blue kayak strapped on top...that you hate by the way! I won't put up your plate number...there will be enough fisherman, DFW, and State Rangers looking for you.

You are pathetic and should never list yourself as an outdoorsman!! A respectable, responsible, outdoorsman would not have done the following:

Have a fire by starting a manzanita bush on fire and then continue to rape the rest of the manzanita around to supply your ILLEGAL fire. BTW...you left your fire burning with the 12th ShockTop bottle and a nice big pile of plastic...the other 11 bottles were strewn across the campsite, and the box....well...in the lake.
Dumping of bean/soup cans, rice, anchovies/squid bait misc. food in the shoreline of the water. Ramen noodle packages and misc. trash all over. I counted 4 trash cans and 2 toilets within stones throw from your camp!?!? and you still managed to dump ALL your trash and take a **** all over the hillside!??

And those poor dogs! Cut ears and tails. Short leashes. They wanted to eat me and my dog. 100lb man made killers....they should stay at home...with YOU!!

I will be on the look out for you, hopefully after this rant, fisherman all over will be looking for you as well!

People like you ruin it for the rest of us...PUKE!

seal
03-26-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm over there quite often, really nobody patrols at night. I'll talk to the Rangers I know out there about it. That area is really bad at night sometimes.

And to think that summer isn't even here yet, feel bad for the Rangers out there, last week over in Black Oak a guy was shooting an air rifle was caught and he got a ride to jail.

Thanks for outing these 2 idiots!

carpanglerdude
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Shot out at the Wood yesterday morning. Driving in on the FS road we see a fire down at Live Oak Boat Landing area and the reflectors on a vehicle...WOW...they're here early...cuz we we early as all hell. Made the hike down to the shore. :EyePop: I have never witnessed a striper boil event like I saw!!! Threw everything....(not having much striper experience) at them...both my brother and I...no love. But WOW...what a sight. Sure would like to be able to get one of those. Fished all day for trout and some bass...nada! Nice day until the wind blew us out at 2pm.

Now for the bitterness...The couple that were camping on the Live Oak Landing area.....DON'T COME BACK....if you know what's good for you.
I had the luxury of taking down your license plate number, and make/model/color of your late model, dark colored, Chevy P-U with camper shell and light blue kayak strapped on top...that you hate by the way! I won't put up your plate number...there will be enough fisherman, DFW, and State Rangers looking for you.

You are pathetic and should never list yourself as an outdoorsman!! A respectable, responsible, outdoorsman would not have done the following:

Have a fire by starting a manzanita bush on fire and then continue to rape the rest of the manzanita around to supply your ILLEGAL fire. BTW...you left your fire burning with the 12th ShockTop bottle and a nice big pile of plastic...the other 11 bottles were strewn across the campsite, and the box....well...in the lake.
Dumping of bean/soup cans, rice, anchovies/squid bait misc. food in the shoreline of the water. Ramen noodle packages and misc. trash all over. I counted 4 trash cans and 2 toilets within stones throw from your camp!?!? and you still managed to dump ALL your trash and take a **** all over the hillside!??

And those poor dogs! Cut ears and tails. Short leashes. They wanted to eat me and my dog. 100lb man made killers....they should stay at home...with YOU!!

I will be on the look out for you, hopefully after this rant, fisherman all over will be looking for you as well!

People like you ruin it for the rest of us...PUKE!

Glad to hear about the striper activity, not glad to hear about the idiots. Go ahead, post their license plate, such behavior doesn't deserve privacy :)

DMS
03-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Make sure you turn in their license number and description to the authorities. A suggestion on a message board is not likely enough to discourage such behavior from these jerks. maybe they won't look these people up, but I would feel better if they were reported. This is the kind of thing that ruins it for everyone.

fishincouple
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Make sure you turn in their license number and description to the authorities. A suggestion on a message board is not likely enough to discourage such behavior from these jerks. maybe they won't look these people up, but I would feel better if they were reported. This is the kind of thing that ruins it for everyone.

DONE!!! With pic's!! :Big Grin: ....happened to run into the DFW Warden on the way off the dam...HE couldn't do much, but gave me some "direction". I happen to know a SRA Ranger as well. :Big Grin:

DMS
03-26-2013, 12:44 PM
DONE!!! With pic's!! :Big Grin: ....happened to run into the DFW Warden on the way off the dam...HE couldn't do much, but gave me some "direction". I happen to know a SRA Ranger as well. :Big Grin:

:Applause::Applause::Applause::Nut Kick::Nut Kick:

seal
03-26-2013, 01:38 PM

Thanks again! Fires are a bigtime sensitve subject up here as you know.

On a brighter note glad to hear the stripers are over in one of my favorite areas to fish!

fishincouple
03-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks again! Fires are a bigtime sensitve subject up here as you know.

On a brighter note glad to hear the stripers are over in one of my favorite areas to fish!

Just before sun up, for about a 1/2 hour, they had the whole cove boilin! Go get em' !

Hardcor
03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Nobody mentioned that it wasn't even a DD Striper. I've been cleaning up after asholes sense the wood opened.

Thank You fishincouple

fishincouple
03-27-2013, 10:13 AM
makes a few of us. Right back at ya Hardcor. SAD!!

seal
03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Nobody mentioned that it wasn't even a DD Striper. I've been cleaning up after asholes sense the wood opened.

Thank You fishincouple

You saw the pics too. Yup I think he meant DD in ounces not lbs..