PDA

View Full Version : late Report: Sat 3/23- stripers for the lady

flyhigh123
03-25-2013, 11:50 AM
So I couldn't wait for my week to end so i could fish. I was feeling like i was in withdrawl since the week prior i didn't get to fish and ran into a series of bad luck.

I asked my wife if she wanted to fish with me and she reluctantly said yes, haha. It would be her first time with me fishing on the boat and catching fish. Got to the lake at 7:30 and launched. Saw TO and DMS on the water trolling, and I decided to head out to the lake. Dropped anchor and baited. After 30 minutes, one rod goes bendo and i pass it to my wife. She fought it hard and we brought it on board for her first striper! The next few hours passed and we picked up one more. Since the bite was slow in the morning, i decided to spend some time and do some maintennce on the boat. I've installed some electronics recently and never ran the wiring properly, so i spent some time, running the wires through the side, hidden, and wrapped up all the lines cleanly with electrical tape. I was really happy to finally get that done since the electrical has been running down the main cabin for the past few weeks.

After fishing the electrical, It was close to 1pm and the wife needed a restroom break. I told her to go off the side of the boat, but she gave me the evil stare. So we picked up anchor and headed for the nearest picnic area restroom. After that I decided to move spots since the bite was slower.

Found a spot and anchored. There i picked up one striper within 3 minutes of the bait hitting the water, after that we picked up a few every 30 minutes. the bite slowed and we moved again. This time we dropped our baits and after 30 minutes we had a good run of fish every 10 minutes. I think we got lucky and found a school passing through. The wind started to pick up and we were pushed off our spot. By the end of the day we had 15 good keepers and culled one back that would normally be a keeper, but we already had more fish than we could handle. On the way back to the marina, picked up 2 quick trout.

Got to my buddies house and we decided to fry up some of the fish.

Found a new recipe and tried it and it was amazing! We had fish n chips, but this recipe would be even more amazing as fish tacos.

Panko crusted Fish Filet: Recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:

Flour, Egg, Panko bread crumbs( most markets have this), Salt, pepper, any other seasonings

Take filet fish, lightly season the filet with salt pepper etc.

Put filet in flour and shake off any excess flour, next dip filet into beaten egg, lastly cover filet with panko bread crumbs.

Put in fryer or frying pan with oil at 365 degrees. Fry until golden brown.

I made a quick sauce which was a little lemon juice mixed with some mayo and seasonings to mix. I didn't have relish or else it would have been tartar sauce.

YUM!

DMS
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Good to see you and nice seeing that your wife joined you!
Way to go on turning it around! congrats for ending up high boat for the day.
DMS

TroutOnly
03-25-2013, 12:57 PM
F/H-123 YOU FORGOT TO TELL WHO WON THE JACKPOT ON YOURE BOAT FROM THE DAY , I'M SORRY IF I JINXED YOU WHEN WE SAW YOU IN THE AM ON THE WAY TO ANCHORING DOWN, SOME HOW I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO WIN,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

DMS
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
F/H-123 YOU FORGOT TO TELL WHO WON THE JACKPOT ON YOURE BOAT FROM THE DAY , I'M SORRY IF I JINXED YOU WHEN WE SAW YOU IN THE AM ON THE WAY TO ANCHORING DOWN, SOME HOW I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO WIN,,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

We already know who won the JP on FH123's boat... :Dancing Banana:

flyhigh123
03-25-2013, 01:01 PM
haha, yah, my wife outfished me the whole day. Her rods brought in the first 5 fish of the day. And was consistent the rest. Lol.... I was the one asking her, " so um, was the bite on the floor? Do you remember if you turned the handle up a few times??"

Bassfan
03-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Her rods brought in the first 5 fish of the day. And was consistent the rest. Lol.... I was the one asking her, " so um, was the bite on the floor? Do you remember if you turned the handle up a few times??"

The fishing gods have no shame when it comes to letting a guest on your boat out-fish you all day. (I know first hand!) At least you can say you taught her everything she knows or you were busy fixing the boat or it was the white socks. Any way you did a good job putting both of you where the fish were biting. Congrats on a nice day's catch.

DMS
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
or it was the white socks.

:Beer Toast:
Yes... the white socks...

fishinone
03-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Nice meeting you flyhigh123. Nice catch, you did much better than we did.

flyhigh123
03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Nice meeting you flyhigh123. Nice catch, you did much better than we did.

Nice meeting you to Fishinone! I saw you head over to the area I was at, at the end of the day but by then the winds picked up and the bite died.