PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 3/24 report

gokuguy
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Wasn't planning on fishing today but my dad finally had some free time from work. It was going to be his only day off for the next few weeks (what's left of this trout season), so I decided to take him over to Irvine Lake for a few hours. Got to the lake around noon and walked over to catfish cove/west shore area and set out some lines. The shoreline by the boat dock was jam packed but didn't really see any action going on. Just about everyone I talked to said the bite had been tough all day. Many people were there since 6 am with no fish on the stringers.

Tossed out a couple rods with micetails and powerbait while I worked all my lures. Thomas buoyants, kastmasters, panther martins, and mini jigs. Not even a nibble. There were 3 other groups around us and they all said they had no bites all day since 6 am.

Got pretty bored around 2:30 so my dad tossed out a reaction bait to some bass cruising the shoreline and pulled in a 3 pounder. Tossed him back and packed up to go finish up our day by the docks. Talked to just a couple people who said they had trout, but seemed like most were skunked for the day.

Just a sidenote but I don't remember the moss being so thick a few weeks ago. Made it a pain in the *** to work my spoons...

Do you guys think the bass are affecting the trout? From what I read the shoreline was on fire thursday/friday.

So all in all a tough day on the water, but sure beat sitting at home all day. I'm happy we didn't come too early as it seems we didn't miss much. Thanks again Irvine Lake for the day and hopefully I can come back and redeem myself soon. :D