PDA

View Full Version : Sat 3/23/13 fish fish fish

DMS
03-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Got to the lake early caught up with bob and Ron and discovered my seal broke off as they tied it tight on the boat last week. So I had to do reinspection and go from second behind bob to last. Whacked a couple nice troll fish and the nada so off to bait... Got one before the wind shifted so we moved a bit. Fish finder blowing up... Picked a few more and a 3.5 pound trout on mackerel. Had a party tonight so we threw in the towel but whacked a couple more trolling out. Ended up with 7 stripers and the trout.
Seemed we do ok by the looks of it. The fish finder was blowin up and the fish were not really so excited...
Great day with lulu!
DMS
(edited to add photos)

Bassfan
03-23-2013, 09:50 PM
Holy mackeral, nice trout! Good job Dan, I guess the wind was manageable. I will give it a try Sunday. Hopefully they will be more excited to eat some bait.

DMS
03-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Good luck tomorrow. I will try to post photos later... Water temp 55. Wind was manageable but up and down... Early afternoon seemed to settle down.

TroutOnly
03-24-2013, 09:30 AM
dms the bass boats spooked them off the edges were we started trolling they were in the middle ,,,lol,,,,i should have been thinking but we still got two off the troll before we headed out back,,,,,,,,always nice to see you and lulu ,she made kents dad happy speaking to him in chinese,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,i think it made him feel at home ,,,,,,,,,,,

DMS
03-24-2013, 12:51 PM
It was great to see you again too. Yes, we had a couple quick whacks in the morning then it looked like the fish moved away. Also the swimbait thrower were blocking the circle. Glad that Kent felt welcome. Lulu is really warm and kind and has a great energy that shows. Still working on my Chinese to speak with them too! Lulu's sister in Shanghai buys fish in the market and they are small and taste like pollution. They are envious of eating these beautiful and delicious fish. tonight we are having some company and Lulu is cooking steamed trout, chinese style striper steaks, pork ribs, brocolli and asparagus.
It was really good getting a few fish trolling as I was starting to think I was trolling without hooks.
by the way, we had no more troll hits in the morning after you rolled out. We had one in the afternoon leaving the bait fishing grounds (I was trolling out and about to wind in and was holding the rod) and we got the last won in the exact same spot as in the morning.

Also, after the trout, I rigged one of the rods for trout for nada... I was waiting to catch a striper on that rod too (LOL).

the larger stripers were full of eggs and sack respectively. The trout was eating a @#%load of snails. Yuck! Poor thing must be starving; no wonder the mackerel looks good after all those nasty snails. I'm sure they are no fun on the way out either.

I'm still kind of amazed that they have so many tournaments. Does every lake have a bass tournament every weekend? I bet they dump the bass back right there in the marina. wonder how confused that makes them to pull them off their beds and dump them back in all there in the marina.

DMS

cutbait
03-24-2013, 01:19 PM
It was great to see you again too. Yes, we had a couple quick whacks in the morning then it looked like the fish moved away. Also the swimbait thrower were blocking the circle. Glad that Kent felt welcome. Lulu is really warm and kind and has a great energy that shows. Still working on my Chinese to speak with them too! Lulu's sister in Shanghai buys fish in the market and they are small and taste like pollution. They are envious of eating these beautiful and delicious fish. tonight we are having some company and Lulu is cooking steamed trout, chinese style striper steaks, pork ribs, brocolli and asparagus.
It was really good getting a few fish trolling as I was starting to think I was trolling without hooks.
by the way, we had no more troll hits in the morning after you rolled out. We had one in the afternoon leaving the bait fishing grounds (I was trolling out and about to wind in and was holding the rod) and we got the last won in the exact same spot as in the morning.

Also, after the trout, I rigged one of the rods for trout for nada... I was waiting to catch a striper on that rod too (LOL).

the larger stripers were full of eggs and sack respectively. The trout was eating a @#%load of snails. Yuck! Poor thing must be starving; no wonder the mackerel looks good after all those nasty snails. I'm sure they are no fun on the way out either.

I'm still kind of amazed that they have so many tournaments. Does every lake have a bass tournament every weekend? I b

et they dump the bass back right there in the marina. wonder how confused that makes them to pull them off their beds and dump them back in all there in the marina.

DMS
Oh no.. they "care" soooo much for the fishery.. cept when money is on the line.

Hypocrites!

radioleo
03-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey Dan,

Nice seeing you again we ended up for 5 trout & 2 stripers.

Leo

DMS
03-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey Leo... How many of the trout did you guys get by the marina?

fishinone
03-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Nice seeing you out there Dan. You guys did better than we did. We used bad bait most of the day. We finally switched to old bait from my freezer and got a little attention.

DMS
03-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Nice seeing you out there Dan. You guys did better than we did. We used bad bait most of the day. We finally switched to old bait from my freezer and got a little attention.

Great seeing you too... Wish I was not so wound up about losing my Quagga seal when I saw you... I was imagining them finding a drop of water from Sunday's Pyramid trip and sending me home.... Wish they bit a little harder but we scratched out a nice stringer