PDA

View Full Version : Redondo Pier night sesh 3/22/13 pics of shark...

fishstagram_socal
03-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Decided to hit up redondo last night with some friends and went around 11pm. We fished just to the left of the fish cleaning station. So as we get there we see some commotion. I figured it wasnt anything too big but i saw they had something on the station, thought it was a bat ray or something. walked over and i was shocked to see it was the head of a shark. Apparently there was a man who was fishing just a few hundred feet south of the pier on the beach and he caught 2 of these sharks. The kid who had the head said the man gave it to him as a thank you for helping him beach the shark. I couldnt resist to take a picture with it and stick my head in its mouth haha anyways ,being as pumped up as we were from seeing the shark head we wanted to get some live macks out on a rig. We through a sabiki and only caught 1 mack and a few sardines. I threw the mack out and he was alive and kicking for all of the 2 1/2 hours that we were there. Nothing else happened after that. The winds werent too bad and the sea wasnt either. anyways here are the pics and happy fishing! :Big Grin:
And by the way i have set up an instagram account strictly for my fishing adventures if any of you would like to follow @fishstagram_socal

murrieta angler
03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Crazy looking,
I wonder what he's going to do with the head?!
Sorry about the skunk, but why didn't you try the surf?
Thanks for sharing,
Robert
<><