PDA

View Full Version : How is Big Bear doing?

KidTrout
03-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Heading up to big bear tomorrow morning and was wondering what they are hitting on. Also where they hitting at. I use jigs and powerworms and I know I will catch them on that but are they only hitting mainly one thing right now? Any info would help. Thanks.

Kingfish Addict
03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Hit the north shore near windy point this morning for nada using powerbait, harchery nuggets and night crawlers. Gonna hit up south side of the dam in about 2 hours, gonna try sierra slammers and kastmasters. Let u know how i do..

billystein
03-23-2013, 12:19 PM
hi,
this time of year is the best for a boat. the fish are shallow. if you fish around the observatory you should do well. they bite all day long and most are good sized. later in the summer they will go deeper. closer to the dam
the problem i have seen is the parasites. in the summer you can see the spots on the fish move. this time of year the trout have survived the winter and the parasites have hibernated into little balls. the scars on the fish can get pretty bad.

Skyler
03-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I was up there on friday at the dam. The action was steady. I fished for about an hour and caught three. Could have limited, but I was camping up there and there were only three of us. Also shot a carp with my bow.

Kingfish Addict
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Friday, Saturday, Sunday......:Skunk: Threw everything...all I gotta say is I wanna learn to fly fish!

Kastmasters in different sizes/colors and with/without trout worm trailers. Nothing.
Super Dupers. Nothing.
Rooster Tails, Panther Martins. Nothing.
Sierra Slammers and other trout worms. Nothing.
Night Crawlers. Nothing.
Powerbait in different colors/scents. Nothing.
Hatchery Nuggets. Nothing.
Mice Tails in different colors. Nothing.
Jigs and surprisingly enough? Nothing.

But it still beats working or staying home.

tree
03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Friday, Saturday, Sunday......:Skunk: Threw everything...all I gotta say is I wanna learn to fly fish!

I feel you. i want to get a nice trout on a fly....

fishermanx14
03-28-2013, 05:23 PM

Kastmasters in different sizes/colors and with/without trout worm trailers. Nothing.
Super Dupers. Nothing.
Rooster Tails, Panther Martins. Nothing.
Sierra Slammers and other trout worms. Nothing.
Night Crawlers. Nothing.
Powerbait in different colors/scents. Nothing.
Hatchery Nuggets. Nothing.
Mice Tails in different colors. Nothing.
Jigs and surprisingly enough? Nothing.

did you try zekes serria gold?

KidTrout
03-28-2013, 06:00 PM
I ended up catching 20+ and my group all caught 10+ a piece. Awesome fishing up there right now.