PDA

View Full Version : Blake Jones derby last weekend..

Kingfish Addict
03-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Who else went to Blake Jones last weekend? Did anyone else besides me just have a "mediocre" time? Kinda disappointed, only caught 3 all day: 11oz, 11oz, 6oz. Lots of missed hits though. Weather was hot all weekend, maybe that had something to do with it. Also fished Lone Pine Creek and Lower Owens, schools everywhere but they just weren't biting. Threw everything we had at them...

On a funny note, this dude fishing near me at Pleasant Valley reeled in a brand new pole with a rainbow hooked on the end of it.

Tip of the day: Secure your poles people....

sierraslam
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
I was going to go, but ended up dealing with some family issues. The guys that did go up killed em on Thursday and Friday, but the derby on Saturday was slow. Probably just too many people. I did hear the early morning was the only time of day the fish were active. I bet there's still a bunch of big fish left in there.

IncredibleHuck
03-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I was going to go, but ended up dealing with some family issues. The guys that did go up killed em on Thursday and Friday, but the derby on Saturday was slow. Probably just too many people. I did hear the early morning was the only time of day the fish were active. I bet there's still a bunch of big fish left in there.

I'll be up there this weekend! :)

flytyingreloader
03-22-2013, 09:01 PM
I have a varmint hunt in northern NV over Easter weekend, and on one or both ends of that drive I'll be stopping by the Lower O and PVR for some trouting and maybe some downstream smallies. Gonna go nuts if I don't blast some rats and wet a line soon.

TrOuT FeVeR
03-23-2013, 11:58 AM
We were there we didn't catch anything big just stockers. We caught about 70 fish between the four of us mostly C&R!! This weekend would of been much better. Those alpers didn't want to bite. My uncle went up for the weekend so far he got a 3lb.5oz and a 5lb. overall it was a great trip

sierraslam
03-25-2013, 08:48 AM
There was a ton of Browns caught over the derby weekend I'm told. I wonder if they stocked them, or if the Brownies were just out because of the time of year. usually Fall is brown trout time.

TroutOnly
03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
AT LEAST YOU GAVE IT A TRY,THE BROWNS ARE ALWAYS BITING AND THERES ALWAYS ALOT OF BIG FISH LEFT AFTER THE DERBY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,