PDA

View Full Version : Wed. stripers at the Mid

Bassfan
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
I got sidetracked and started fishing late about 10 and had a slow start until I found the right place to cast onto the striper highway. Then it was on.. I only had 3 sardines with me and some old frozen anchovies.

The first fish was on anchovie but after that they wouldn’t have anything to do with anchovies. I started getting hit regularly with the sardine and managed about 14 more fish with the 3 sardines. Almost every piece I cut eventually ended up in a fish mouth. The last one was caught using the tail piece. Most were nice size. (Sorry no pictures)

Always good to see Bob do his thing. He just relaxes, takes his time and wacks Mr. Stripey any way possible time after time.
Bob was nice enough to offer some good sardines when he found out I only had 3 but I was going home early so I just thanked him and used the last of my 3.
It was a good fishing day…

fishinone
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Great Job Bassfan! It sounds like it's picking up.

DMS
03-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Rationing your dines.... only 3?

Bassfan
03-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Rationing your dines.... only 3?

I had more in the freezer but left in a hurry and grabbed the bag with old anchovies and only 3 dines. Luckily I ran into bait eaters not bait stealers or gut suckers! I will bring enough Saturday so Murphy's law says I won't need much.

DMS
03-21-2013, 01:33 PM
At least you didn't leave them in your truck and forget to gas up like Flyhigh last week...

flyhigh123
03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
At least you didn't leave them in your truck and forget to gas up like Flyhigh last week...

:D i'm ready for action this week!