PDA

View Full Version : Rod eyelet

Perris_holic
03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Somehow the eyelet on the tip of my dropshot rod got bent and the plastic on the inside of the eyelet is missing. So on the inside of the eyelet is just metal. I like this rod better than my new dropshot rod and I was wondering is there a way to fix the eyelet?

Frequent Flyer
03-20-2013, 04:32 PM
The insert came out. Happened to me not too long ago. I just took it to a friend and he replaced the guide and rewrapped it perfectly

DMS
03-20-2013, 05:19 PM
easy fix for any good rod guy... maybe will just replace the tip guide... maybe they can ad an insert, but it is no big deal

Perris_holic
03-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Any suggestions for rod guys?

seal
03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Usually you have to replace the guide, if you have the insert you can try to put it back in but if it's bent also really the only resolution is to replace the tip guide.

snospdr
03-20-2013, 09:37 PM
I've had this happen on some of my rods. Replace the tip guide with a new one by checking online with the rod manufacturer or tackle supply outlet. The tip guide is usually easy to replace by heating it, pulling it off, then gluing a new one in place. Be careful that you don't burn the rod itself. Good luck!

Kingfish Addict
03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Same thing happened to my rod but the tip didn't slide off, it completely snapped off. Coincidentally a few weeks ago, I found a snapped-in-half rod down by the water at the Pudd. I kept the top half of the pole seeing as the guide tip was still intact. I took it home, snipped off the guide tip, drilled all the fiberglass out of it with a 1/16 drill bit, then filled it with epoxy and slid it on the tip of my rod. Worked like a champ, good as new!

CraigH
03-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Cabela's sells a Fuji rod tip repair kit via their website for 5.99 that includes three tips and hot glue (for some reason pasting the link isn't working for me). I'm thinking Bass Pro Shops in Rancho or possibly Last Chance in Hemet would have these in stock? Not sure about Last Chance so please call them first.

Goofy4fish
03-21-2013, 12:35 PM
I had Last Chance in Hemet add hook loops on 2 poles and they did a great job for less than $10 per rod. Great people out there.

Perris_holic
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the info guys