PDA

View Full Version : new boat on lake castaic ?....

will1602
03-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I have a question I want to buy a used boat but Im gonna takeout on the water before I put under my name the registration. Do sheriff check for thst and will I get in trouble for it does snyone know..?

flyhigh123
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
they dont check registration, but i dont know if you'll have any issues IF you are checked. Maybe you can bring the Bill of Sale with you or the pink slip.

I took my boat onto many different lakes before i switched over the registration to my name.

HBAR
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
boat has to be clean and DRY before it even touches the water at Castaic, I believe they will ask questions as to who the owner is and stuff like that, once it passes and is tagged you can take it to piru, castaic, or pyramid

fishfinder
03-20-2013, 08:03 PM
i think it is just like a car. you have so many days to register, but just like a car. you dont get pulled over they dont check.

DMS
03-20-2013, 08:33 PM
If you are trying before you buy, or if you have bought, but not yet registered are different things. They do ask if you have all the safety and registration, but I have not had them ask to check. You will need to have it legal if you are checked. If the seller goes out there with you, it will be his responsibility. If you have just bought it and have not yet registered it, if you are within a very short time, you might be OK, but you will be responsible to register if you have bought it.
Bottom line, you probably won't get hassled, but you could get checked and they will want to have it all legit whether you own or are getting ready to own or are "borrowing" for a test drive.

fishfinder
03-20-2013, 09:03 PM
another thought. you dont have to own a vehicle or boat to use it.

will1602
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Thank all you guys for your replys.