PDA

View Full Version : Mile square skunk

squirrellsgnwild
03-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Mile square was stocked 3/10. Figured it would be better than hb central since its stocked. Nope. Fishes the big pond for 2 hours with a kastmaster and when I saw some guy bragging to his daughter about the fish on his stringer. I left to go to the smaller pond. I was gonna say a few choice words to the guy about lack of teaching his daughter to preserve the sport but I refrained. At the smaller pond I used some trout bait and also threw out the kastmaster but nothing. Sad how it was recently stocked:Crying:

reelgurlzfish
03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
It wad actually stocked later in the week but if you went today expecting to catch I'm not surprised you were Skunked. There was a kids Derby on Saturday and I heard it was shoulder to shoulder. Not sure they stocked the small lake last week because of the derby. Sorry about your skunk though.

bman90278
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Mile square was stocked 3/10. Figured it would be better than hb central since its stocked. Nope. Fishes the big pond for 2 hours with a kastmaster and when I saw some guy bragging to his daughter about the fish on his stringer. I left to go to the smaller pond. I was gonna say a few choice words to the guy about lack of teaching his daughter to preserve the sport but I refrained. At the smaller pond I used some trout bait and also threw out the kastmaster but nothing. Sad how it was recently stocked:Crying:

U r talking about trout on a stringer? Well that's where city stocked trout are suppose to go. Now if u are talking a stream or a big lake, that's another story.

-b

squirrellsgnwild
03-19-2013, 05:24 PM
U r talking about trout on a stringer? Well that's where city stocked trout are suppose to go. Now if u are talking a stream or a big lake, that's another story.

-b
seriously? while it may have been fished out do to the tournament come on. go to the seafood section of the super market if you wanna grill up some fish. practice catch and release.

makes me wanna go to irvine lake from now on. at least they stock it every week.

geedavell
03-19-2013, 05:43 PM

-b
+1
Of course it would have been nice if you caught some fish but don't hate the guy that DID catch fish. If I got mad about every time I didn't catch a fish.....I'd be a miserable MoFo.

squirrellsgnwild
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
im not miserable lol. just for the past 8 months of going to local lakes ive gotten skunked every time

gokuguy
03-19-2013, 07:08 PM

-b

+2. Ill release any bass caught at parks but in my opinion trout won't survive long anyways in the city stocked lakes. I keep those suckers. I would release any natives in streams or creeks.

But I do get what youre saying About preservation.

Also. If it was all only
about the meat I would never hunt either. I, for one, feel a sense of satisfaction at cooking what I hunted or fished.

Sorry bout the skunk though. Better luck next time. :)

fish4keep
03-19-2013, 07:58 PM
seriously? while it may have been fished out do to the tournament come on. go to the seafood section of the super market if you wanna grill up some fish. practice catch and release.

makes me wanna go to irvine lake from now on. at least they stock it every week.
Lol. Just wondering how you're going to preserve trout in a city park?

etucker1959
03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Lol. Just wondering how you're going to preserve trout in a city park?

I'm with fish4keep on this one. Don't get me wrong, I HATE to see any Bass, Catfish, Carp, Bluegill or Crappie leave any lake if it could been C&R'd. The only two fish that should be kept and killed everytime their caught is Stripers and Trout in a urban lake. When it comes to Trout in an urban environment, between the bass the commorants and the fraile nature of trout, releasing them is pointless. Besides when the water warms up in May their all going to die anyway!!!

etucker1959
03-19-2013, 09:37 PM

PM me when it's catfish time in the Urban lakes, I promise you more catfish then you could imagine.

FKNChristopH
03-19-2013, 09:53 PM

Good choice!

PM me when it's catfish time in the Urban lakes, I promise you more catfish then you could imagine.

This guy is on point! I can't wait to fish with Eric again.

*shakka*

Carptain_Bao
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM

Very true, once you figure it out, catfishing could be good year round, there are monsters in even smaller sized lakes. And etucker def knows where they are:)

bman90278
03-20-2013, 04:50 AM

You are totally wrong! The trout in our lakes that don't get caught end up being food for the bass, cormorants, and other predator birds. As far as super market....I've bought my share of good seafood and I've already C&R'd over 20 bass this week as well as a 8 lb kitty, so u are off base with your comments!

If you really want to C&R fish, you should select a fish more conducive to C&R or find a lake or stream where trout lives all year long and be sure to use a proper lure for their safe release. Using a treble hook on a Kastmaster or being a farmer with power bait isn't going to help u make a safe release.

-b

squirrellsgnwild
03-20-2013, 10:47 AM
ive released dozens of trout bass and carp before. what happends to them after i release them is up to the food chain of the wildlife but i give them that chance to survive

Fysher
03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
They actually stocked the south lake on Tuesday prior to the kids derby. Quality size too, a few 3 lbers went in. A buddy was there for the stocking and said it was wfo. Big lake was stocked Wednesday. Derby went well, lots of fish caught. Went on Sunday for 1 . But Monday I had 10 all were 2-3 lbers kept 5 released the rest. There are some bigger models in there but don't think they are going to survive because the trout are starting to die off. Too bad, all that money invested in stocking the trout and they are dying.