PDA

View Full Version : What's the strangest thing you've seen while fishing?

bachiboy
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Thought I'd start a thread in this forum since it was posted in the freshwater section and knew some salties don't visit that side. Kudos to carpanglerdude for starting it!

This is the freshwater thread...
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?71445-What-s-the-strangest-thing-you-ve-seen-while-fishing.

This was my contribution...

Here's one I doubt will, or should, be duplicated...

I'm on a 7 day trip on the Royal Polaris. After a 20-30 min. fight, I bring in a 60-70lb. tuna. Deckhand gaffs it, throws it on board and I take a deep breathe just as he's whacking it on the head with a bat to subdue it cuz it's going nuts. I feel something hit the back of my throat and go down. Half choking, we look down and see that the eye of the tuna got popped out...and went down my hatch!

Same trip, two hours later...

I'm taking a breather and sitting on the benches that they have between the bait tank and galley. A friend walks by, see's me, let's out a roar and slams me in the nuts with the butt of his rod. The guy next to me yells, "Dennis, what the *&^% are you doing?", as I lay in fetal position on the ground. Dennis is cracking up and says, "Oh *&^%! I only meant to scare him." The whole boat starts busting up while I lay on the ground.

Weird (and painful) day on the water, but at least we scored HUGE on the tuna that trip. :Wink:

Sorry not exactly freshwater fishing story, but thought you guys might get a kick outta it.:Nut Kick:

midgettosser1
03-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I think the strangest thing I've ever seen while fishing would have to be Bones.

bachiboy
03-20-2013, 01:23 PM
I think the strangest thing I've ever seen while fishing would have to be Bones.

If this were a contest, you might have won! :ROFL: J/K Mike!:Wink:

DockRat
03-22-2013, 05:34 AM
My buddy likes the music loud and the marine radio off. So we are offshore SD and a chopper is hovering very high. Then a Navy submarine pops up about 1/4 mile from us.

Nipple Twister
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/5FA56E9D-438A-44AE-8415-B847E87B5855-1467-000002779DF87D66_zps5dff6e42.jpg

KaliDawgFan
03-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Coming back into Seaforth from a day at the Coronado Islands, there was a couple doing the deed on the jetty out in the open.

DockRat
03-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Nipple Twister, next time put the LC hook in the mouth for the pic, LOL.

LBSea
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
We were fishing San Clemente Island, heard a small plane and watched an untralight plane/boat land in the water, fish and then take off. Never before and never after have I ever seen anything like this. I am suprized he could get that close to a military island unless that is where it came from. I just googled to refresh my memory, it was the type with an inflatable bottom.

Nipple Twister
03-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Nipple Twister, next time put the LC hook in the mouth for the pic, LOL.

Kinda hoping there won't be a "next time".........lol

Nipple Twister
03-26-2013, 07:53 AM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL: :Explode:

midgettosser1
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM

Man... I never win anything.