PDA

View Full Version : Sports Chalet Tournament 3/16

manuel149
03-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Arrived to the parking lot a little past 6, line was just about at max. By the time I thru, got tourney registration and getting a boat we finally were on the water about 7:30. ( the wife, Marissa my 6 y/o girl, and myself)
We stared off at the west shore for a little while for nothing, seemed slow for others as well so we moved on to the spot I had luck 2 weeks ago. Marissa got hit first a nice 2.4 rainbow . 10 minutes later she gets # 2 about the same size. Then the wife gets hit but it comes off. That happend to her four times. Finally on try number 5 she land one not a big fish but she’s happy. Then they get hungry so off we go leaving the hot bite. :Confused: no choice.
When we get back its about 10. And my rod goes major bendo I set it and it breaks water and It looked big. Then it breaks me off I was mad for a bit. We decide to move and I pick the flats, as we are headed that way the wife says let’s try here (mid lake ) I say here in the middle of nowhere? So ok I anchor down then after about 20 min. I see my rod slowly double dip softly. I’m not sure that’s a fish then I hear a splash and my line stars moving, fish on I managed my one and only fish. I got one hit in the flats and that was it off we went to the weigh in and raffle.
We each got a raffle prize:Big Grin:
Congratulations to all the winners, thanks to Irvine lake and Sports Chalet for the great prizes and a great tournament.

Thanks for the read

Fish count
4 landed ( Marissa 1st was the biggest )
7+ got away

FKNChristopH
03-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Sounds like a good day out with the family! Good stuff!

*shakka*

vegas fish slayer
03-18-2013, 03:33 PM
We fished the tournament as well all we can say is BUNK BUNK BUNK!!!! The trout bite is basically non existent. Its sad because i really like fishing Irvine. We caught some fish but all DINKS. Could not believe the size of fish that won. Its for sure not Corona. Ya the lake is bigger and the water is cleaner but who cares about that if your catching rats. Could not believe the amount of people for the tournament it was major bumper boats. I know the regulars are gonna hammer me for this post and say im crazy. Its not a Irvine bash session cuz i have always smashed them there i really like fishing there its just this time it was horrible. The only other bad thing is every tournament i have fished there there is always some stupid a>> that drinks entirely too much and acts like a 18 year old in line the night before when people are trying to sleep. If that moron asked me if i wanted to drink off his bottle of Jager one more time i was gonna smash it on the ground. Other than all that the raffle was cool we won enough stuff to basically cover our cost of entry so it wasnt a total loss. Hopefully it will get cold again so the water cools down and the fish start chewing again. Maybe it was the 2000 people on the water that slowed down the bite. Ok give it to me im waiting

etucker1959
03-18-2013, 07:22 PM
We fished the tournament as well all we can say is BUNK BUNK BUNK!!!! The trout bite is basically non existent. Its sad because i really like fishing Irvine. We caught some fish but all DINKS. Could not believe the size of fish that won. Its for sure not Corona. Ya the lake is bigger and the water is cleaner but who cares about that if your catching rats. Could not believe the amount of people for the tournament it was major bumper boats. I know the regulars are gonna hammer me for this post and say im crazy. Its not a Irvine bash session cuz i have always smashed them there i really like fishing there its just this time it was horrible. The only other bad thing is every tournament i have fished there there is always some stupid a>> that drinks entirely too much and acts like a 18 year old in line the night before when people are trying to sleep. If that moron asked me if i wanted to drink off his bottle of Jager one more time i was gonna smash it on the ground. Other than all that the raffle was cool we won enough stuff to basically cover our cost of entry so it wasnt a total loss. Hopefully it will get cold again so the water cools down and the fish start chewing again. Maybe it was the 2000 people on the water that slowed down the bite. Ok give it to me im waiting

Once you tasted Steak Hotdogs don't seem so great anymore. lol All kidding aside chasing big fish is addicting. If given a choice, Big fish win out over a prettier lake every time, once you get bitten by the bug.

vegas fish slayer
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Hot dogs...lol that is funny. Ya I'm so over wasting my money to catch rats. Irvine is 270 miles one way from my house and there is WAY better water out there in those miles with a way better class of fish. I'm sure there is toads in there but nowhere near the amount corona puts in. I don't know any other lake that has put over 642 double digit trout in this season. Not to mention not having to pay a toll road to get there. I have caught a ton of fish at irvine but nothing even close to a toad. I heard that irvine had a big one in a cooler at Fred hall show. Wonder where that was caught ?