PDA

View Full Version : We had so much fun that we forgot to take pictures.

fishinone
03-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Bong and I started out late yesterday morning, to go and fish the Mid.

We started trolling around 8:30. The water temperature was 57 degrees. It took a long time to find promising marks. Eventually we found some great looking marks and started circling. We went through the schools over and over for only one tap.

After that we went and checked out some spawn staging areas. There were a few fish cruising outside the drop-offs so we anchored up at about 11:30.

We had a few pull downs right away but couldn't hook up. The next time the fish came through we did the same thing. That's when we started turning the baits belly up and being sure not to catch the tendons at the backbone. Then there was a lull, the fish must have been on break.

We decided to take a break too and have the burgers that we had brought for lunch, it was about 12:30. I got one bite out of my burger and hadn't finished chewing it when my rod tip pulled down slowly. I threw the burger on the dash with one hand and swung the pole out of the rod holder with the other. This hookup was solid, it wasn't long before the fish was on the deck.

After that it was on! Soon, Bong caught 2 fish at the bow, then I got another at the back. It went like that on a steady pick with us trading the lead back and forth as the changing wind drove us back and forth across a high spot. They would get hit as our baits settled into either hole. Bong got one and had me wondering if he had loosened the drag but it turned out to be a fish that was about 4 1/4 lb., or big fish so far. The fish seemed to be coming in waves like they were cruising around.

We had 6 fish each when the wind changed direction again and drove us out to deeper water. We had untied the ropes to reset anchor when I looked at the graph and said there are fish everywhere, tie it back off.

We started letting the baits back down when the line that I was holding got hit. I dropped the rod tip, reeled down to the fish and let him have it. After a nice run my other rod tip slowly dipped. I wasn't sure that it wasn't tangled with the one I had on but I thought that it was OK and grabbed that pole in my other hand and swung, for hookup #2. Bong reeled that one in while I played the one that I had on. The second fish was smaller and hit the deck first. The fish that I reeled in was about 4 1/2 lb. We counted both fish for me and that put me at eight fish.

We were planning to leave by 3:30 and it was about 2:55. I told Bong that I wanted to catch 2 more fish so that I would have a limit, just then one of my pole tips dipped and I swung for the sky, hookup, dink, 9 fish.

As my next bait hit bottom, I told Bong that if I caught another fish we would be able to leave so that he could get to a Birthday Party. Just then that same rod tip dipped, I swung, hookup, another dink, 10 fish. Oh yea!

Then Bong wanted to catch another fish before we left, but as it turned out, we were farming again. We each had a couple pull downs but didn't hook up.

We called it off and headed home with 16 fish

It was a good day!

DMS
03-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Way to go fishinone! you guys blew us away today! Don't think I saw you today... maybe I didn't look hard enough.

fishinone
03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh sorry! We were there yesterday.

DMS
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Thank explains it, you caught them all before we could get there. I bet it was way nicer on Saturday!
:)

TroutOnly
03-18-2013, 07:49 PM
you didnt take pics ron cause you didnt want me to see all them dinks ,,,now you know youre supposed to leave them for me ,,,lol,,,,,,,,,say hello to bong for me i hvent seen him in a while,,,,,,,,,thankyou,,,,,,,

fishinone
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Thank explains it, you caught them all before we could get there. I bet it was way nicer on Saturday!
:)

I was really windy on Saturday. I can only hope that it wasn't worse on Sunday.

you didnt take pics ron cause you didnt want me to see all them dinks ,,,now you know youre supposed to leave them for me ,,,lol,,,,,,,,,say hello to bong for me i hvent seen him in a while,,,,,,,,,thankyou,,,,,,,

If we had taken pics, you would have found out that we were fishing in another one of your spots. Can't let that happen! We just outside of the spot I saw you in last in 40 to 60 ft.

MikesOcean
03-22-2013, 11:41 PM
I call BS without Pics!