PDA

View Full Version : OK, It was windy, but not toooo windy to whack a few!

DMS
03-17-2013, 09:03 PM
We were all set to hit the 'mid early, but woke to horrendous wind at 3am. We remembered last week and figured... well, maybe we wise up and just skip it and do ourselves a favor. We were going to go on Saturday, but wanted Kaitlyn to join us (my daughter). She never caught a striper before as she pretty much quit going with me about 5 or 6 years ago she's almost 18 now.
Woke up at 7:30 and seemed much better. Lulu said, it's going to be a nice day! Let's go! I love that lady!!!

Express to hook up the boat and off.

Got to the lake about 8:15 and got behind a guy that seemed to count his nickels at the gate. Pulled around to ready to launch and once I was ready to dunk it in, he had his rig by the dock where I like to launch (I don't drive it off). He was sitting there. I walked down and he was tied up to the dock 20' from the edge of the water and in the boat with this trailer still in the water. I asked him to pull his boat back and tie up at the end and park his truck. Poor guy didn't even know he was blocking me.

10 minutes later, I'm jetting to my honey hole and get there to see a bass guy working my point. I look around and nestle in far enough away from him to be cool. Didn't take long for our first fish, K's first striper. Then we got a good one that pulled the hook on Lulu. she got the next one and then a fat cat came in.

In case I hadn't mentioned, the wind also was up and down on the "suck" meter. Finally the wind pushed us in too far and the bites stopped. We repositioned for a couple more hits right off and got one of the two. It was really cool seeing these fish really fight on the light line and Kaitlyn and Lulu did great. We finally had enough of the lake lice and the wind (by the way, those 2 jerks in the jet boats that were stepping on all our serenity and showing the world how much they had to compensate for their shortcomings...

But I tried one more spot on a nice meter mark, but was not feeling the love and trolled through the marks a few times, just in case (but without the cannon balls) for nada and off to the barn.

Met Flyhigh up in the lot. Last time we saw him we were with TO slaying about 30 stripers (and throwing back 10 more) and he was in his new boat. He was having a rough day. I will leave the details to him. the only other fish I saw was dude anchored across from me getting a pick too. Saw one bass guy hit a small greencarp too.

Plenty of envy at the pull out when we took the photos. Funny, I felt the catch was just so, so, but no smelly weasels here and a beautiful day with my beautiful wife even with the wind. By the way, there were a few nice times in between the blowing.

Cut up the fishys and Lulu fed us like a king with fresh striper!

DMS
PS, the shot with 2 fish is last week's unposted shot..

bowler
03-17-2013, 09:06 PM
That is one fat kitty.

DMS
03-17-2013, 09:12 PM
That is one fat kitty.

I think it might be a hummingbird fish...

bowler
03-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I think it might be a hummingbird fish...

I thought that fish was endanger list. And you kept it. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

fishinone
03-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Nice catch Dan.

You guys are pretty consistent.

TroutOnly
03-18-2013, 07:40 PM
way to still get them dms ,i got high-jacked into gardening all day by the boss,,,,,,she let me go fish today tho,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,

MikesOcean
03-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Great Job on the Persistence! Great to see The lady enjoying the hobby with you! Couldn't even imagine my wife out there with me. Not that I wouldn't want her out there, she just will not go out. haha