PDA

View Full Version : Puddingstone mountain bike races

VIVID_FLY
03-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Headed to the PUDD for some Tenkara action as I have been doing since last April. Mountain Bike races were going on as I ran across the track to get to SWIM BEACH COVE. Saw nothing there all along the entire shoreline to the HIGH PIER. Countless effortless casts produced no bites, nibbles, or pecks. Walked all around the shore to the BURNED OUT PIER. Ran into MIKE and fished the pier and cove and still no action. Some LMB dinks were being caught and released off the pier. Water is still stained so visibility is low. Mike was putting out some 25 - 30 foot roll casts in the wind and chop of puddingstone waters but no action. He took off and I began my walk back along the shore to EASTSHORE COVE. I spotted on Bass cruising in the shallows. I collapsed my rod and walked to the high pier cliffs and worked the entire shaded area with nothing hooked. I walked back to SWIM BEACH COVE and started working near the REEDS. Throwing the SAKASA KEBARI in the recesses of the CAT TAILS produced nothing. I went shallow and muddy. After some delicate casts and slow lift and retrieves BITE ON. Finally got a bite. Now I can camp out and perfect the speed of the retrieve. Few more casts i got my second REDEAR for the new year. I continued to place the fly in different places in and around the REEDS and managed to pull in 4 more fish. The wind had shifted a bit so I moved to the other side. First cast produced a flash and take on the surface. That fish did not even wait til the fly drifted down. Love when you see the flash and take and the line pulls to the side.

Worked this spot for 6 more fish. Biggest fish about palm sized. Great fight in the shallow waters. Fish really like to head off to the side....

Fished

#14 SAKASA KEBARI grizzly hackle ... black body tied on scud hook
2lb tippet
3.5# LEVEL LINE
YAMAME TENKARA USA ROD

<'(((((((><

old pudd fisher
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the info. Good to hear the panfish are coming to shore again.

Riverdale
03-17-2013, 07:38 PM
RAD....Good work..!!!!!

bowler
03-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Headed to the PUDD for some Tenkara action as I have been doing since last April. Mountain Bike races were going on as I ran across the track to get to SWIM BEACH COVE. Saw nothing there all along the entire shoreline to the HIGH PIER. Countless effortless casts produced no bites, nibbles, or pecks. Walked all around the shore to the BURNED OUT PIER. Ran into MIKE and fished the pier and cove and still no action. Some LMB dinks were being caught and released off the pier. Water is still stained so visibility is low. Mike was putting out some 25 - 30 foot roll casts in the wind and chop of puddingstone waters but no action. He took off and I began my walk back along the shore to EASTSHORE COVE. I spotted on Bass cruising in the shallows. I collapsed my rod and walked to the high pier cliffs and worked the entire shaded area with nothing hooked. I walked back to SWIM BEACH COVE and started working near the REEDS. Throwing the SAKASA KEBARI in the recesses of the CAT TAILS produced nothing. I went shallow and muddy. After some delicate casts and slow lift and retrieves BITE ON. Finally got a bite. Now I can camp out and perfect the speed of the retrieve. Few more casts i got my second REDEAR for the new year. I continued to place the fly in different places in and around the REEDS and managed to pull in 4 more fish. The wind had shifted a bit so I moved to the other side. First cast produced a flash and take on the surface. That fish did not even wait til the fly drifted down. Love when you see the flash and take and the line pulls to the side.

Worked this spot for 6 more fish. Biggest fish about palm sized. Great fight in the shallow waters. Fish really like to head off to the side....

Fished

#14 SAKASA KEBARI grizzly hackle ... black body tied on scud hook
2lb tippet
3.5# LEVEL LINE
YAMAME TENKARA USA ROD

<'(((((((><

I saw them yesterday in the saw area. When I was there this morning a bird was in there chasing them around.

The Fishing Queen
03-23-2013, 10:47 PM
Thanks Chuck for the report! Glad to know the panfish are picking up now. Got to meet up with you guys for fishing someday.