PDA

View Full Version : SWAT Triple Legals 3-16

Sharkbait
03-17-2013, 10:29 AM
I have not been surf fishing since last September. Friday night I got my gear together ready for Saturday afternoon. In my favorite AO the Halibut usually start coming in starting March 1st. First thing Saturday morning at 8:23am I text from Wingnut that he caught a 30''er at my favorite beach! JerryG calls me a few hours later and says "Dude lets go!". I arrived at 2:30pm and could not find JerryG, he was MIA. I found some good structure, shallow trenches during a out going tide with overcast conditions. I don't wear waders and can say that the water did not feel very cold. There was no physical sign of baitfish but I did see a couple of diving pelicans, a seal, and 3 dolphins feeding just outside the surfline.
I had consistent hits throughout the afternoon. First hit was 30 minutes into fishing and I pulled up a 21'' butt. Two cast later a 22'' butt. 5 minutes after that a 23'' butt all of the LC 110. Next hit was probably a hour later due to exploring and structure was turning flat so I turned back and headed to where I first started. I got a couple of small slaps using the LC MR130 so I switched back to the 110. Next cast I get hit hard and was expecting butt #4 but it turned out to be a 14" Barred Perch which was extremely preggo. Tide was almost bottomed out by this time so I focused on fishing the deepest trenches. Wind and air was very cold and was just about ready to pack it up. Lucky I didn't because I got slammed in a deeper trench that produced butt #4 a 25''er who pretty much swam towards me. After that I power fished towards my car and called it a day at 6:00pm. Worst part of the day is when leaving the beach my power steering belt broke so I had to drive back to Chino with no power steering. I don't have any photos of the catches but I did get it all on video so I'll be working on putting together a short vid soon.

Anthony

murrieta angler
03-17-2013, 10:37 AM
DAMMMMM!!!!!!
Sweet job Anthony...:Shocked:
I can't even remember the last time someone got a triple legal flatty day.
It must have had something to do with the recent grunion run.
Because of this report, I am now going to head out and see if I can get a legal...:Rolls Eyes:
Again, Great Job Bro!!

Robert
<><

sidified
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
There aren't a lot of reports that work without pics..Yours is one of them, Sharkbait. All the same, I can't wait to see that video! A day like that will certainly fill up your tank with optimism and knock the socks off the Challenger Board.
Happy for you, Anthony.
Sid

fishshep
03-17-2013, 05:46 PM
:LOL::LOL:
That is some crazy good fishing right there:Big Grin: !!!

Thanks for the encouraging report .
Is that your PB session on Legal Hali,s ?

Sharkbait
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
:LOL::LOL:
That is some crazy good fishing right there:Big Grin: !!!

Thanks for the encouraging report .
Is that your PB session on Legal Hali,s ?

This is the third time I've gotten triple legals. I would say that the second time it happened was my best because I had a couple that were in the 25''-30'' range.

peanutbutter
03-17-2013, 09:07 PM
nice sesh
cant wait to get my multiple legal hali sesh :Smile:

SP Dan
03-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi ya Sharkbait,

Congratulations on your triple legals! :Beer Toast:
This session should have you as the 2013 leader on the leader board for the most legals I believe. :Smile:

Thanx for the fun read Anthony! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

manuel149
03-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Congratulations, 3 legal’s in a day, I hope to land 1 in a year right now.
Hope you bought lotto that day…..

bloox8
03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
Congrats man!!!!! :Not Worthy::Not Worthy:
Seems like halibuts are going nuts everywhere.
Time to go catch me a qualifier and try to catch up with you on the Leader Board.

Thien

FishinElectrician
03-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Cant wait to see the vid! Good job out there!!!

skunked4life
03-18-2013, 03:24 PM
You guys are all giving me hope!!! After three weeks of skunk, I am now ready to get back out there due to reports like yours! Thanks and please keep them coming!

BabyKiller
03-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah right Sharkbait. 3 legals, psssht. lies!!!!!!!!!!! make that video!!! LOL

Wingnut
03-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Outstanding job Anthony, you just shot right up to the top of the Leader Board. :Envious:
Strange how the Halibut shows up at that beach earlier than everywhere else... :Idea:
Looking forward to the video and hope the power steering repair don't set you back too much. :Neutral:

bachiboy
03-19-2013, 07:51 AM
Man, awesome session!!! I got three legals all of last year. Lol! Way to stick it to em Anthony! Hope this is just the start of a banner year for you. :Wink:

Congrats!
Don

troublehook
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Mind blowing, 3 legals in one session. :EyePop: I'm still trying to get a short one out of the surf. :LOL:

dlmoo312
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
Three legals on your first surf outing of the year... amazing! Congratulations, Anthony!:Applause:
All these reports of legal halibut and wsb have got me itching to get back out there!
Thanks for the report!

-Daniel

Badbeat
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Geez, THREE legals??? I got one legal all of last year. :Envious:
I did get a legal early this year though and that's a good start.
Nice job man, I bet you were stoked. :Big Grin:
SWAT have been killing it in the surf lately. :Twisted:

PONTOON
03-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Anthony, I'd say you had a very memorable session in the surf! :Cool:

Three legal halibut in one day is very, very impressive..........Congratulations! :Thumbs Up:

blackwater
03-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Three legals! :EyePop: Very impressive bro, SWAT is on fire out there. :Dancing Banana:

flyngby
03-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Awsone day Anthony!

Looking for the vid!

Steve
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif

Sharkbait
03-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Awsone day Anthony!

Looking for the vid!

Steve
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif

It's on my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrsrEM-LMJ0

bsp
03-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Anthony,

3 legal days don't come around too often, and I don't know if anybody has ever capture that on video before. Liked the footage a lot, and congratulations on another stellar day in the surf! Let's try to fish together sometime soon,

Marc