PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 3/16

P.A.W.
03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Man, the day started great! A bit warmer and calm at sunrise. Got a 6lber in the first 10 minutes and figured it could only get better..... WRONG! No more stripers. Didn't meter any bait schools and I tried all over the lake. Went LMB fishing at 10:45 and saw a bunch of males starting to establish territories. They were real skittish though. Got off the water at 1:30 and Shannon said it was the only striper she had seen that day. Still waiting........... soon!!!

Stalker Of Fish
03-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Great catch P.A.W. 6 # is not bad at all the usual depth or up some?

P.A.W.
03-16-2013, 05:51 PM
rig was at 15' in 30' of water. Didn't meter anything he just snuck up on me.

iRavensfan
03-16-2013, 09:27 PM
i headed out there at 5:30pm, went straight to ramp 2.
nothing.
was seeing something huge jump up and splash from a distance.
just had one follower but no takers. he looked maybe 3 lbs. but a HUGE maybe.
not even a 1lber seen from shore.
threw the kitchen sink at em.
just thought i'd throw this out there..
:Neutral:

JAG107
03-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Hey Pat one 6# fish is better than a limit of rats, you always manage to stick it to them one way or the other. Guess I made the right call heading out to Dana Point! I would have gotten the big white stripe today for sure...

P.A.W.
03-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Thought I'd just add this here instead of wasting space on a new thread. Went back today 3/17 and got a skunk. Lots of boats out there today. Mainly bass hunters. Slow day for them too. Spent an hour or so lost in a fog bank mid-lake. I really need a new Lowrance with a chartplotter/gps for these days.

Joe, it sure felt like Dana Point morning. Cool, foggy as hell, and damp.

TroutOnly
03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
at least no skunk pat,dont worry them stripers are starting to wake up from there winters nap and they will be ripping them rigs apart real soon,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,