PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip fri ernie-sam whitecaps and green-beer the wood

TroutOnly
03-16-2013, 10:14 AM
early in the week ernie contacted me looking for an opening ,i said fri he said ok. he was bringing he friend sam who had gone out with me and ernie a couple years ago . we hit the water and did the search,found schools right in front of the marina but all we could get was hits pulling the line out of the dr clips but not hookups mr stripey just kept missing by a little. we worked are way around cleghorn finding bait balls but no striper on them , so we worked are way out the channel to the main body of the lake . after alot of trolling around we started finding open water schools on the attack mode. first they were hitting at 31 ft down then they moved down to 41 and then the sweet spot was 47 ft down with the little bigger fish and good action. after about 3hrs of pretty calm the wind started building ,and as the day wore on it got into full on white caps we kept catching when we passed thru the good schools ,but it was wild and wet. good thing the fellas were on the boat to take the wheel while i ran the gear ,joe limited out at noon and got the hell out of there ,we just kept on fishin till it was time to come in. thank you ernie and sammy for the great talk and ernie for more of his tuna stash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry no pics this trip i forgot the camera was charging and in my haste i forgot it and my phone,the boys got 15 schoolies most all were 4 and 5 lbers for our days effort,and sammy left the greenbeer up in the car at the parking lot so much for the luck of the irish,me and him,,,,,,,,,,,,

TroutOnly
03-16-2013, 06:46 PM
ERNIE SENT ME THESE PHONE PICS OF HIM AND SAMMY AND THE CATCH,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1443_zps8aa7d9bf.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1441_zpsba9e78ba.jpg

flyhigh123
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
sweet mother, nice killing! haven't been back to the wood in a while. Good to see its picking up!

TroutOnly
03-19-2013, 09:41 AM
ITS GETTING BETTER EVERY WEEK ONLY PROBLEM IS THE LAKE LICE ARE STARTING TO COME OUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,