PDA

View Full Version : 8 pound 21 inch PB!

skunked4life
03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Fishing the old haunt, NPB, for the last two and a half weeks have resulted in nothing but the stinky stripe. Tossed out every LC in my arsenal, grubs, crack, nada. Not even nibbles. I am somewhat convinced that the dredging has severely affected both the bay and surf. In the last 7 trips, I have seen very few kayakers, float tubers, surf fisherman, nor pier fisherman on the whole NP stretch.

Determined to beat the skunk, I tried again Thursday and Friday....On Friday evening at 4:30 pm, lower than usual tide, there was a nice big surge and wouldn't you know it????

MY PB 21 inches and 8 pounds 5 oz!

Please welcome my second child. A strapping baby boy!:EyePop:

P.S. He was not CP&R'd as my wife would have killed me if I had done so. Just C and P'd.

BigSerb
03-13-2013, 08:12 AM
That's great! congrats to you and your wife.

FishinElectrician
03-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Congratulations, on the most important catch of your life, bro!!! Cherish these days as much as you can!!!

bachiboy
03-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Congratulations Ken!!! :Thumbs Up::Dancing Banana: That's a big healthy boy you've got there. Hope your wife and son are doing well...and hope this doesn't put too much of a strain on your fishing time. I'll be in the same boat come July. :Wink:

All the best to your family!
Don

SP Dan
03-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Hi ya Ken,

"Congratulations" to you and your wife .... on the birth of your new baby boy! :Big Smile::Applause:
Just look at the beautiful reward that determination, patience and perseverance has brought to both you and your wife! WTG!! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx for sharing your fantastic news on your families' new addition Sir!

PS .... Ken we may possibly need to open a new category for your new PB, Wow! ... a 21" legal .... at a whooping 8 lbs 5 oz on the "Length and Weight Charts"! :Cool: This lil' guy is definitely one for the record books! :Smile:

PSS ... also .... thanx for the fishing report! Ha ha ha!

SP Dan <"))><

Wingnut
03-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Hey, we need proof of the catch... where are the pics?!? :LOL:

Congratulations Ken! :Big Grin:

Re8elmonk0341
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Big congrats!!! Post pics or its not real lol.

bloox8
03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Its about time you caught another keeper!....

CONGRATULATIONS KEN!!
I wish you and your family the best.
And... I hope your boys love fishing so that you can have an excuse to go fishing all the time - Father-Son Bonding Time! :LOL:

I'll see you at the FH show

Thien

fishinone
03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Congratulations!

But!!!!

Without Pics this is just a fish story! LOL

keepemlo
03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Nice nice ,,congrats on your new fishing buddy!,,and on your pb

sidified
03-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Big congratulations to you and your wife, Ken! We would indeed love to see some photos of your new little buddy.
I sincerely hope your kids bring you the same depth of gratification that mine have given me................................. ...........................okay, now back to fishing!.
Cheers,
Sid

koifish
03-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Congrts to you and your family.

DockRat
03-15-2013, 06:07 AM
:Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause:

PONTOON
03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Ken, Congratulations to you and your wife...........Very Cool! :Cool:

WAHBAM
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Congrats, now you can buy more fishing gear to share with with someone haha

Lightline
03-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Congrats on your 2nd child.

good luck on getting to fish for the next 2 years.

skunked4life
03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Congratulations, on the most important catch of your life, bro!!! Cherish these days as much as you can!!!

Thanks. Its the third most important catch after my wife and first son. :LOL:

Congratulations Ken!!! :Thumbs Up::Dancing Banana: That's a big healthy boy you've got there. Hope your wife and son are doing well...and hope this doesn't put too much of a strain on your fishing time. I'll be in the same boat come July. :Wink:

All the best to your family!
Don

He weighed in a little heavier than the first but about the same length. That is how i know whether i caught a legal hali, by comparison with my boys' weights and lengths wgen they were born!

Hi ya Ken,

"Congratulations" to you and your wife .... on the birth of your new baby boy! :Big Smile::Applause:
Just look at the beautiful reward that determination, patience and perseverance has brought to both you and your wife! WTG!! :Thumbs Up:

Thanx for sharing your fantastic news on your families' new addition Sir!

PS .... Ken we may possibly need to open a new category for your new PB, Wow! ... a 21" legal .... at a whooping 8 lbs 5 oz on the "Length and Weight Charts"! :Cool: This lil' guy is definitely one for the record books! :Smile:

PSS ... also .... thanx for the fishing report! Ha ha ha!

SP Dan <"))><

Thank you Dan for always entertaining me with your replies! :Razz:
Oh and the fishing report was so that the mods wouldnt move my post!

Hey, we need proof of the catch... where are the pics?!? :LOL:

Congratulations Ken! :Big Grin:

Pics are coming. I made sure i got accurate measurements!

Big congrats!!! Post pics or its not real lol.

Trust me, it feels surreal!

Its about time you caught another keeper!....

CONGRATULATIONS KEN!!
I wish you and your family the best.
And... I hope your boys love fishing so that you can have an excuse to go fishing all the time - Father-Son Bonding Time! :LOL:

I'll see you at the FH show

Thien

Thanks brother! Lets go fishing! We got a lot of ground to cover in order to catch up with daniel.

Congratulations!

But!!!!

Without Pics this is just a fish story! LOL

Stay tuned...

Nice nice ,,congrats on your new fishing buddy!,,and on your pb

Yes indeed! Now me and my boys can attack the surf together!

Big congratulations to you and your wife, Ken! We would indeed love to see some photos of your new little buddy.
I sincerely hope your kids bring you the same depth of gratification that mine have given me................................. ...........................okay, now back to fishing!.
Cheers,
Sid

Believe it or not sid, i snuck out three times since the birth and caught nothing but skunk. :Sad:

Congrts to you and your family.

Thanks!

:Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: :Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause:

:Cool:

Ken, Congratulations to you and your wife...........Very Cool! :Cool:

Thank you sir! My wife says that now we have 3x the chances to catch another legal halibut from the surrf!

Congrats, now you can buy more fishing gear to share with with someone haha

Trust me, i already got a gear budget increase!

Congrats on your 2nd child.

good luck on getting to fish for the next 2 years.

Yeah, no. Not in my family. My first was in the baby bjorn while i fished when he was 10 months. My dad did me the same when i was an infant.

That's great! congrats to you and your wife.

Thank you very much!

murrieta angler
03-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Congratulations Ken!!
I agree with the dredging theory.
BUT, only after the initial big pay offs.
Down in Carlsbad, it was great fishing for a few weeks, then it died down, as the sand shifted South.
Keep up the good work,
Robert
<><

skunked4life
03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Back to the top for pictures! You guys now satisfied? It wasn't just a fish-tale! :Fishing Catch:

Wingnut
03-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Hahahahahaha... priceless photo! :Big Smile:
Beautiful baby Ken, congrats once again. :Big Grin:

bachiboy
03-19-2013, 01:49 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Love the photo!!! I can just hear my wife if I tried something like that when my next kid is born..."What the hell are you doing? OMG, get a life!!!" My reply..."What, to replace the fishing life this kid just took away?" :LOL:

Congrats again man!!!

flyngby
03-22-2013, 09:03 PM
That's 1 greatest PB but it can put a hold on your next.

Congrats to you and the family!

Steve
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz200/pepper2010_bucket/fireman1.gif