PDA

View Full Version : **** Skinner Reservoir***** Petition and interest check for a Stickie/thread

Stalker Of Fish
03-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone . I have been wondering why lake Perris gets stickie love and Skinner Reservoir
does not . I sent Wingnut a p.m. and was told I need to see how much interest there is to warrant
a permanent thread. Also how many people would post about Skinner Reservoir and or read post there if one was created . So please leave a comment yeah or nay and if it's yeah I will add you to the petition .
Then Wingnut will kick it up stairs if enough interest is generated .
Thanks everyone

Harley51
03-12-2013, 05:29 PM
yeah for Lake Skinner

P.A.W.
03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
I think it's interesting to note that when I post RE: Skinner it'll average between 1,000 and 1,500 views. Now, I'm no great writer, and I'm sorta a hack at fishing so it's not me they're following. I think a fair number of folks are interested in what is happening at Skinner, but not too many posters. Having its own section might generate more participation.

Raloma
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Yes on the Skinner sticky

Stalker Of Fish
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
I think it's interesting to note that when I post RE: Skinner it'll average between 1,000 and 1,500 views. Now, I'm no great writer, and I'm sorta a hack at fishing so it's not me they're following. I think a fair number of folks are interested in what is happening at Skinner, but not too many posters. Having its own section might generate more participation.

I agree P.A.W. I told Wingnut it was a "If you build it they will come" scenario . I have noticed the views and replies you get .
As the water warms up there will more interest in Skinner and Perris . We both have seen the numbers of fisherman that fish Skinner Reservoir
in good conditions ,water temperature etc. . It's hard for someone who does not frequent this site often member or not to even
know where to find Skinner reports right now.
I know better than to think of you as a ''hack '' I think a lot others know better also and when you start posting fishing reports of slayed limits,
some of those 1,000 to 15,000 will be gearing up and heading down to our lake . You can bet on that !

@ everyone who has posted so far THANK YOU tell any members you know who fish Skinner Reservoir to please speak out here
Skinner Reservoir is not the fishery D.V.L is but sure is equal to Lake Perris and should get equal billing here.

Harley51
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
You are exactly right P.A.W. I have been fishing Skinner for around 20 years (Only Skinner). I don't post on my own. But I do follow your posts. I go to skinner every 2 months for five days at a time. Your posts are very helpful when I get ready to go. So the more posts the better.

Stalker Of Fish
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Harley51 you look familiar to me . Do you live in the area near Skinner Reservoir . I have been living in Murrieta/Temecula
for 15 years . I have been thinking 12 but we just had our 15 year Wedding anniversary so the wife set me straight. Ouch!
So except for last couple years I have been fishing Skinner fairly steady. I had a green John boat with off road lights above
the transom and a flying tigers style shark face on the bow out there for many years .
I just can't think of where I might of seen you .

AZ.Kid
03-12-2013, 09:59 PM
I would like to see Skinner and Silverwood get their own sticky

OCfishermen
03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Skinner and Silverwood

flyhigh123
03-13-2013, 12:13 AM
How about lumping a few lakes into a sub category. For example: Pyramid & Castaic, Perris & Skinner & Silverwood, etc. this way we dont have 100 categories, but some of these large lakes, dont get bumped into the "other fishing reports"

TimelessFSR
03-13-2013, 06:41 AM
I had just fished Skinner for the first time a couple weeks ago...didn't catch anything, much less any stripers...but I really like the lake and plan to go back hopefully again this weekend (and also on a regular basis).

I would definitely be interested in seeing Skinner have it's own sticky. :Thumbs Up:

Skyler
03-13-2013, 08:29 AM
How about lumping a few lakes into a sub category. For example: Pyramid & Castaic, Perris & Skinner & Silverwood, etc. this way we dont have 100 categories, but some of these large lakes, dont get bumped into the "other fishing reports"

I agree with this. And we also need a dedicated fly fishing section. There are a ton of fly fishermen and tenkara guys on here, and we don't want to rub shoulders with those stinky powerbait soakers, lol!

Stalker Of Fish
03-13-2013, 09:34 AM
I had just fished Skinner for the first time a couple weeks ago...didn't catch anything, much less any stripers...but I really like the lake and plan to go back hopefully again this weekend (and also on a regular basis).

I would definitely be interested in seeing Skinner have it's own sticky. :Thumbs Up:

Trout fishing after a stocking is the best thing going right now . The water temperature has been in the low 50's so the stripers have been deep around 50 to 60 feet down . Bass have been good a several have been caught .
If we keep getting weather like we have this week Striper fishing should improve in about a month or even sooner !
Did you have a boat or shore fishing ?

@everyone else,
Lets keep the thread on track It's about Skinner Reservoir not any other lake. It already is in a subsection .
I am working with an admin. to get our own Stickie .I agree Fly Fishing should get it's own stickie and you should
contact an admin. and do what I am doing but not here .

This is for Skinner Reservoir only Please !
Thank you

TimelessFSR
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
I rented a pontoon for my dad, my cousin, and myself. It may not be as luxurious as the DVL pontoons...but I liked that it was a lot cheaper for the whole day.

We baited and waited by the inlet and by the dam for a bit...but spent most of the day trolling around just checking stuff out. It's great that I have a portable fishfinder and gps....got some areas I want to revisit

Big-Bob
03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
The only reason I just signed in was to make a post asking what was going on at Skinner and this was at the top. :Big Grin:
Two hands high for a Skinner section.

Skyler
03-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Lets keep the thread on track It's about Skinner Reservoir not any other lake. It already is in a subsection .
I am working with an admin. to get our own Stickie .I agree Fly Fishing should get it's own stickie and you should
contact an admin. and do what I am doing but not here .

This is for Skinner Reservoir only Please !
Thank you

You do realize you just opened the flood gates, right?

Skyler
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21512851.jpg

Skyler
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I umm...

Just wanted to add another useless post. Carry on.

fishermanx14
03-13-2013, 05:28 PM
they need a big bear/moutian lakes

JAG107
03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
YES on the Skinner section!
Hell, it may even get more posts than DVL! Well, other than "How's the bite" and "I got skunked" posts anyway...

Skyler
03-13-2013, 06:54 PM
What SoF fails to realize is that it has all been proposed in the past. Long before he ever graced us with his two page dissertations, Also suggested was a fly fishing board, a stream fishing board, a Silverwood board, a Big Bear board, even a bowfishing board. They never came to fruition because having too many specialized forums just alienates groups of anglers and clutters up the forum.

flyhigh123
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
What SoF fails to realize is that it has all been proposed in the past. Long before he ever graced us with his two page dissertations, Also suggested was a fly fishing board, a stream fishing board, a Silverwood board, a Big Bear board, even a bowfishing board. They never came to fruition because having too many specialized forums just alienates groups of anglers and clutters up the forum.

Just add the words "& skinner" to the back of any of the sub categories and there you have it.

Most anglers fish lakes around the same area, so i would say add it to perris, or even DVL

Stalker Of Fish
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM

What Skyler fails to realize is I am working with an ADMIN. (WingNut) to achieve this. He has told me how to
go about getting it done . It is INTEREST driven . In other words if I can show there is enough people interested in
POSTING AND READING reports in a SKINNER RESERVOIR thread he will try and get it approved .
It takes more than one persons suggestion it . You must generate enough interest to prove it would be useful.
I actually took the time Skyler to contact an ADMIN. before I even started asking if it was possible and how to go about the process of getting a stickie . Perris has one as do several other lakes .
Why must we go through two sub categories to find Skinner Reservoir post ? Try putting the right
effort into it and maybe FLY FISHING could get a stickie I would love that as that is my favorite way to
get any fish ! I bow fish but recognize there are way to few people doing that to warrant a stickie .

Anyone who reads this whole thread
will see your childish agenda to disrupt it and play juvenile games . I clearly have gotten under your thin skin.
So do what you must, play the fool .

I will continue on with my efforts through the proper channels SINCE IT IS POSSIBLE ACCORDING TO AN ADMIN. !!!!

Sorry everyone for the distractions of the TROLL . Please continue with your post supporting a SKINNER RESERVOIR STICKIE .
I thank everyone who takes the time to do so.

IncredibleHuck
03-14-2013, 09:42 AM

What Skyler fails to realize is I am working with an ADMIN. (WingNut) to achieve this. He has told me how to
go about getting it done . It is INTEREST driven . In other words if I can show there is enough people interested in
POSTING AND READING reports in a SKINNER RESERVOIR thread he will try and get it approved .
It takes more than one persons suggestion it . You must generate enough interest to prove it would be useful.
I actually took the time Skyler to contact an ADMIN. before I even started asking if it was possible and how to go about the process of getting a stickie . Perris has one as do several other lakes .
Why must we go through two sub categories to find Skinner Reservoir post ? Try putting the right
effort into it and maybe FLY FISHING could get a stickie I would love that as that is my favorite way to
get any fish ! I bow fish but recognize there are way to few people doing that to warrant a stickie .

Anyone who reads this whole thread
will see your childish agenda to disrupt it and play juvenile games . I clearly have gotten under your thin skin.
So do what you must, play the fool .

I will continue on with my efforts through the proper channels SINCE IT IS POSSIBLE ACCORDING TO AN ADMIN. !!!!

Sorry everyone for the distractions of the TROLL . Please continue with your post supporting a SKINNER RESERVOIR STICKIE .
I thank everyone who takes the time to do so.

You should have known better Skyler! LOL

Skyler
03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
You should have known better Skyler! LOL

Oh, I rather enjoy wasting half his day while he composes a research paper in response to my every post, lol.

Stalker Of Fish
03-14-2013, 11:41 AM
Oh, I rather enjoy wasting half his day while he composes a research paper in response to my every post, lol.
You are keeping my thread on top . I am doing this from my TV as I watch my little girl and NCIS re-runs .
I type about 70 words per minute hence my many errors . So it takes me a minute or two to respond.
I see on the Hugo thread I have you making full page responses so you are learning grass hopper .

Skyler
03-14-2013, 12:06 PM
You are keeping my thread on top . I am doing this from my TV as I watch my little girl and NCIS re-runs .
I type about 70 words per minute hence my many errors . So it takes me a minute or two to respond.
I see on the Hugo thread I have you making full page responses so you are learning grass hopper .

Most of that response was you being quoted. I don't mind keeping you entertained. I'm on the clock right now, he he.

Dr. MindBendo
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I vote no. Don't bring more pressure to the lake.

Askwhy
03-15-2013, 11:09 PM

Lol I vote no also for the same reason

Stalker Of Fish
03-16-2013, 04:02 AM

Why is it those of us who are local to Skinner have no worries about "preassure on the lake" ?
Yet people 60 miles away act like it will run out of fish ? No dig I find some irony in that .
With the exchange of information comes better chances of getting on fish and bigger fish .
I understand protecting a secret or little known stream but a major lake ? Here or in our own thread post will be made,
reports passed and tips shared .

iRavensfan
03-16-2013, 11:22 PM

U LIVE IN CORONA, please tell me Why the F are you saying no to a sticky to skinner for? more pressure to the lake? Get out of here with that BS
you obviously have no idea or knowledge about skinner. A Saturday on Skinner is like a weekday on DVL.
more pressure...? hahaha

LMAO, u a bum GET OUTTA HERE :Slap:

Dr. MindBendo
03-17-2013, 09:23 AM
U LIVE IN CORONA, please tell me Why the F are you saying no to a sticky to skinner for? more pressure to the lake? Get out of here with that BS
you obviously have no idea or knowledge about skinner. A Saturday on Skinner is like a weekday on DVL.
more pressure...? hahaha

LMAO, u a bum GET OUTTA HERE :Slap:

Noob is butthurt because someone doesn't agree with her.

basstard2013
03-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Yes on Skinner and Silverwood

flyhigh123
03-19-2013, 10:27 AM
IS there a way to change this post to include a poll? It would be hard to prove the case of the yes and the no's by reading through this.

Dcrappster
03-23-2013, 06:42 PM
YES. Skinner is a good lake, just not enough info on it.

spoon2610
03-23-2013, 09:54 PM
Sticky for Skinner

Stalker Of Fish
03-28-2013, 12:13 PM
thanks everyone for your post

DarkShadow
03-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I vote yes.

If anybody's ever watched The Walking Dead, you know that in order to survive, you must sacrifice one lake so the zombies focus their attention there, leaving the others to escape the wrath of the living dead.