PDA

View Full Version : Any luck at Skinner lately?

Stalker Of Fish
03-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Hey has anyone anything to report on either Stripers or Trout from Skinner lately ?
Thanks

P.A.W.
03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Stripers have been realllly slow. I've heard accounts of a boil here and there in the evening but I haven't seen any in the 6-12 o'clock period and I'm looking. Trout.... well Askwhy and Oscar are trout regulars and they have been catching in the east end. I don't trout fish so can't help you myself. Once again, this warm weather, which looks like it will be holding on for a while, just might be what it takes to kick things into gear.

BTW Last Saturday I metered a bait ball as big as a house. Huge. 30 ft. of water. I trolled through it for nada. I said to my friend "NO WAY!" and turned around to hit it again. The ball had now moved 50 yds. up shore and we ran right through it again. Got 1 8inch rat and nothing else.

Stalker Of Fish
03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Wow ! that's a good sign bait coming up to 30 ft . It seems early for boils but it is getting warm . I had a rev limiter go bad on my Briggs it runs like doo doo
with it plugged in . Unplug it and the motor runs great . I ordered one it should be here any time now, hopefully by this weekend !
I read a lot of people have destroyed their motor by running them without the ''over speed limiter'' as Briggs calls it so I don't want to chance it .
Thanks for the update I hope this warm weather gets the fish moving out of the deep .
Good luck out there P.A.W. !

jnitrobass
03-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Dont forget about largemouth was there saturday and caught nine.biggest was six and a 5-9 the rest of the fish were 2-3 pounds.senkos and drop shots are producing.got to have the right color and size or you wont get bit.

sumodnb
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Dont forget about largemouth was there saturday and caught nine.biggest was six and a 5-9 the rest of the fish were 2-3 pounds.senkos and drop shots are producing.got to have the right color and size or you wont get bit.

Can you elaborate on colors and size you were using brotha? I was at skinner yesterday and got skunked although i got bit a few times with a splitshot worm fishing submerged roots from the bank. Lots of largies in the shallows but very spooky, they would scatter as i snuck up on them on the shore. Was planning on going back tomorrow since its been warm for three straight days and the shore activity should heat up a lil bit. Gonna try a new technique i just learned thats been producing for me which is dragging a lipless crankbait and shaking it like a jig every few feet. Gets hung up alot but I just rig it up with 20 # flouro and it gets hit alot as i rip it out of the weeds.

desertstorm
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Went out on Friday last week in the rain and hooked into 1 largie on a drop shot but got shook off on the jump... had a second pole going with a nightcrawler and landed 3 trout all about 2 lbs. Only fished from 6:30-11 but had a decent day despite the weather. Personally didn't see any bass along the banks but I feel like the weather might have had something to do with that.

Stalker Of Fish
03-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Went out on Friday last week in the rain and hooked into 1 largie on a drop shot but got shook off on the jump... had a second pole going with a nightcrawler and landed 3 trout all about 2 lbs. Only fished from 6:30-11 but had a decent day despite the weather. Personally didn't see any bass along the banks but I feel like the weather might have had something to do with that.

What side of the lake produced Trout? Ramp #2?

desertstorm
03-14-2013, 12:51 PM
That whole east/south side