PDA

View Full Version : Trip report 3/11

hookerz
03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Arrived at 5:30 am to find about 10 cars in line. After paying and launching, I forge out into the darkness toward the dam.The water temp. was 56* as I drop anchor in in about 35 ft. of water. I'm looking for cats again this morning, so I start soaking the shrimp. It didn't take very long til the panga rod started clicking. I gave it a few seconds and then set the hook. It felt like it was pretty good. After a great fight, I can see it was another big kitty coming up. After netting it, I weighed it on a hand scale. The scale said 22 pounds. A few weeks ago, the same scale said the other fish was 36 and it ended up being 39.6 so I'm guessing it was 25. A nice big strong blue once again.
I had tried to call in to the tackle shops several times during the day. I wanted to get someone to come out to take a pic. of the beast but no one could I guess. So I hauled the fish around with me all day waiting to weigh it in and get pics. at the end of the day. Big mistake I guess......
I went to leave about 3 to go weigh in the fish. I reached down to pull the rope with 2 stringers tied to it. To my dismay, the rope came up and the stringers and fish were gone. I had planned on releasing the fish but did want a pic. 1st. So theres a decent size cat swimming around in there now with about 18 ft. of stringer rope trailing behind it. The fish also at hot pink shad rap lure in it mouth with bunch of line stuck around the hooks.
tight lines, :Big Grin:

vdubfiend
03-11-2013, 08:14 PM
:Shocked:
That sucks you didn't get it released

FKNChristopH
03-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Still an awesome story! Sucks you lost your stringer.

*shakka*

reelgurlzfish
03-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Still an awesome story! Sucks you lost your stringer.

*shakka*
I know the feeling of a lost stringer ! Last year had 10 trout on a metal stringer, had my PB that day... Apparently there was a weak spot in the metal.... There is a full stringer if skeletons at the bottom of the lake somewhere... And no pics either... Was my best day and worst day all in one LOL Congrats on your big kitty tho!

Stalker Of Fish
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
WOW ! nice catch sorry ya lost the stringer . Were you motoring around with the stringer in the water or stationary all day?
The one time I had that happen I ran across the lake with out pulling my stringer into the boat .

hookerz
03-12-2013, 09:31 PM
I moved once and pulled the fish into the splash well. I couldn't believe it was gone when I went to head in.

hookerz
03-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Several years ago, I had 3 decent trout on one of those metal clip on stingers. I went to leave and the fish were all gone and the clips were still locked?
tight lines....

troutdog
03-15-2013, 12:04 AM
Tough break on the stringer, but the avatar you're sportin these days makes up for it....in fact don't bother taking any pictures until you get a 50lber PAL! :LOL: :Wink:

Good to have your Vine reports back....see you out there soon.

TD