PDA

View Full Version : Pliers?

Lightline
03-09-2013, 08:05 AM
I'm in the market for some new pliers need some recommendations.

Ive always used the standard 6-9" long needle nose pliers but thinking about trying something new.

Like these.

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae156/yellowbrickroad_54/cde8384e919647c4d01b784258ac3cef_zpsa7008bbd.jpg

Or the shorter ones

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae156/yellowbrickroad_54/fa0ee5afac1a8d22573b5bfb717dee5e_zps91983dec.jpg

Fysher
03-09-2013, 09:16 AM
Those pliers are for changing out split rings. If that is your intentions then it'll work but for removing hooks, get something else

FishinElectrician
03-09-2013, 02:59 PM
I went cheap on my pliers, bro. I went to Home Depot and bought some Channel Lock needlenose, and dykes. I cut off the blue plastic, and wrapped the handles with Seeker butt cord. Deckhand style. LOL

Cartman
03-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I bought a pair like the one in the second picture but not exactly the same. I got it on eBay from China for super super cheap, and I didn't really expect it to last, but I am a sucker for new gadgets. Two years later I still use it all the time to cut line, pinch carolina keepers, flatten barbs, and pinch split shot. When it was newer it would cut braid line as well, but now it just sort of saws at braid. It only cost a couple of bucks and has been well worth it. The one in your picture is Buy it Now for $6.10 with free shipping. If you're not too hard on it, it should last a long time. I use mine all the time.

You can also get a small pair of needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight for very little, but it won't cut line.

Lightline
03-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Those pliers are for changing out split rings. If that is your intentions then it'll work but for removing hooks, get something else

Intially that is what I thought they were just split right pliers but look closely their not. They can be used as split ring pliers and regular pliers. Mayne the picture doesn't show I'll see if I can find another one.

I bought a pair like the one in the second picture but not exactly the same. I got it on eBay from China for super super cheap, and I didn't really expect it to last, but I am a sucker for new gadgets. Two years later I still use it all the time to cut line, pinch carolina keepers, flatten barbs, and pinch split shot. When it was newer it would cut braid line as well, but now it just sort of saws at braid. It only cost a couple of bucks and has been well worth it. The one in your picture is Buy it Now for $6.10 with free shipping. If you're not too hard on it, it should last a long time. I use mine all the time.

You can also get a small pair of needle nose pliers at Harbor Freight for very little, but it won't cut line.

Thanks I think I'm Gona pick me a several pairs.

DockRat
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Cheap needle nose ALWAYS in back pocket when fishing.
Use my knife for cutting line.

MarkyMark
03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Cheap needle nose ALWAYS in back pocket when fishing.
Use my knife for cutting line.

Amen to that

MM