PDA

View Full Version : wet paper bag

harlanx1
03-07-2013, 05:22 PM
I went to the duct after work the gates were shut completely no flow at all couldn't touch any line sides all I caught was a wet paper bag lmb ruined my hole day I think I am gonna quit fishing after this ****. threw that sob up in the bushes to die so he would not eat any more striper food. what a waste of good water.
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/harlanxone/gcarp001_zps658c1b7a.jpg
well maybe I'll be able to force myself to fish again few days yuk hahahaha

trail blazer
03-07-2013, 05:33 PM
i feel for ya bro,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,musta been horrible .

Change your line,,,,,,,,,disinfect your line guides,,,,,,,,

see ya this weekend!

harlanx1
03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
I have been in the shower for over an hour now scrubbin with dawn and I still cant get the smell off what do I do. lol

trail blazer
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Well,,,,,,,gary uses vinager and water,,,,,,,,,,wait,,,,,,,,,thats for something else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO i think id just get super drunk for a few days and try to blur it all out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maby even change my name,,,,good luck with it

Double A
03-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Invasive P O S

Good for coyote food, that's about it.

cutbait
03-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Turpentine is your friend.

You didnt touch it did you?

Cant believe you publicly are admitting this

Fishbones
03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
lmarse off... nice size too...

DockRat
03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Those green carp really suck. Sorry to hear about it.
Good luck with the stink. :LOL:

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt264/d_schmidtke/IMGP2320.jpg

harlanx1
03-08-2013, 04:46 AM
Thank god I used some gas mixed with laquer thinner and acetone. I think the smell is finally gone but i had to throw that gloomis and curado in the trash it was ruined man I am not fishing any more if the current aint running. shew that was a close one. hahaha

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Beats a skunk though....should have fast fooded that sucka !

Well,,,,,,,gary uses vinager and water,,,,,,,,,,wait,,,,,,,,,thats for something else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO i think id just get super drunk for a few days and try to blur it all out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maby even change my name,,,,good luck with it

YES...vinegar and water it IS......used on you for when you are riding with me and Mike on a duct run....

we need to keep that stank to a minimum….

but it’s always hard to keep you from repurposing it and using it for salad dressing : (

Late SUMMERS EVE……Trailblazer is on PROWL~

Something smells amiss…….something smells FOWL~

I hope I am not downwind…..as my eyes fill with TEARS~

DAYAM……..that redneck cowboy just flat out hasn’t showered in YEARS~

The birds stop singing….the ducks go belly UP~

I tell ‘em…..”Whats that STENCH?????” what the F#@$ is UP~

As he speaks, a fog rolls in…….a toxic rolling CLOUD~

I tell ‘em”USE that vinegar and water Beeeeotch..Clean under that hooded SHROUD~

I watch ‘em run back to his shanty……..looking for his redneck CLAN~

He starts rubbing something all over his body….what is that??? It’s a LMB in HAND~

He rolls round in the dirt….and that just succeeds to Excite Cut-bait ~

Man…this deliverance pumphouse stuff is NOT for me….why couldn’t they just WAIT~

As I speak to my therapist….he says they were just having FUN~

But the next time I smell that smell……MAN….I’M just gonna RUN~

fishinone
03-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Using good equipment to catch UGB can be expensive!

I'm sorry that you had all of this trouble buddy!

zack stroud
03-08-2013, 09:20 PM
this make me want to throw more LMB into the aquaduct just to anger people rofl

harlanx1
03-09-2013, 02:52 AM
Better make them big ones or they will be striper candy. Funny how something so yuk can be eaten by something so good. Kinda like a chicken eating a worm I guess. Been my experience that you guys that target lmb can't catch enough of them to do any damage. After all a $50,000.00 boat, $500.00 rod, sonar, temp sensors, and gps etc. all so you you can catch wet paper bags. If you had any real talent you would be fishing the duct on foot for real fish.lol

fishinarteest
03-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Why are you people posting on this thread. Its contaminated, we gotta quarantine this whole section now. All because of one ugly green monstrosity with an oversized mouth lol.

Kingfish Addict
03-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Not bashing or trolling because I've always wanted to try fishing for stripers myself, but I'm not understanding the hatred towards the LM. Bass are bass whether it's small, large, or striped. When I go fishing for a specific species and end up catching something else, so be it....

fishinarteest
03-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Not bashing or trolling because I've always wanted to try fishing for stripers myself, but I'm not understanding the hatred towards the LM. Bass are bass whether it's small, large, or striped. When I go fishing for a specific species and end up catching something else, so be it....

Funny you say that because I don't understand bass guys hatred for striper.

zack stroud
03-09-2013, 05:08 PM
I love stripeys with a passion,but i also love lmb so i just make fun of the die hard only striper guys lolz.

Marley
03-09-2013, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=...Bass are bass whether it's small, large, or striped...[/QUOTE]

Oh, my goodness...

HawgZWylde
03-09-2013, 05:44 PM

It's a love/hate relationship arteest. Stripey is a marine fish, in the confines and limited forage of freshwater lakes and reservoirs they devastate all other species, including themselves. Especially if they reside in a body of water where they successfully reproduce like Castaic and DVL. In Cali, I believe they have been officially designated a nuisance and invasive species...

Kingfish Addict
03-09-2013, 06:02 PM

I'm pretty sure bass guys hate striper because the LM is on the stripers grocery list. EVERYTHING is on the stripers grocery list so I can clearly see anyone's hatred for striper but why would a hardcore striper guy hate LM? Competition for food? Kinda ignorant to me. Stripers are so voracious that I wouldn't even worry about competition for food. Stripers are the more obvious invasive species, and are at the top of the freshwater food chain hands down. They're capable of wrecking certain ecosystems. I have no hatred for striper, like I said before I'd love to try striper fishing. I've heard they're a great fight, especially the larger ones. All I'm saying is when it comes to hatred towards another fish species, "striper only" guys have no ground to stand on...

catchingsomefish
03-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I think we all started fishing for sunfish when we were young, bluegills, crappies, LMB, etc. However once you experience the power and fight of a striper, fishing for sunfish kinda goes off the radar. 95 percent of the folks on the country are kinda relegated to fish and catch sunfish, because that is all they have in their waters.........................We are fortunate to be able to have the stripeys in our waters around here, makes for not only a ton of fun to catch, but they are edible, really edible....You can keep the stripers, you dont have to throw them back, or into the brush like the LMB I know when I fish with, catching the stripers is challenging and fun, where as the LMB float up to the top, open there mouths and do nothing but create a hassle, but to each their own I suppose......................Not judging, just sayin...................................

cutbait
03-09-2013, 09:38 PM
The only thing a LMB has worthy of epic battle is the jump.

Now if I was an alien scientist and was going to DNA modify the best freshwater fish to populate new worlds..

Start with Stripers schooling tendencies, its long runs and flavor.. combine with a small mouth never give up attitude and the LMB jumping ability.

Give it some Pikes teeth and now we have a fish for all kinds

harlanx1
03-10-2013, 07:37 AM
I think we would need the the speed and jumping ability of a summer steelhead and the stamina of a king salmon in there somewhere also. steelhead will jump six ft out of the water some times and a 2 pounder is capable of breaking 10lb line. salmon almost never jump unless they are foul hooked but they have great stamina will take over an hour to land sometimes on light line. small mouth are the most tenacious of the sunfish thats for sure. I have never caught a pike but they look kinda week on tv. The stripers fight is in the top few of the fresh water fish i have caught. Maybe it is not the bass we hate so much but the so called bass masters lol hahahaha

trail blazer
03-10-2013, 08:47 AM
I think we all started fishing for sunfish when we were young, bluegills, crappies, LMB, etc. However once you experience the power and fight of a striper, fishing for sunfish kinda goes off the radar. 95 percent of the folks on the country are kinda relegated to fish and catch sunfish, because that is all they have in their waters.........................We are fortunate to be able to have the stripeys in our waters around here, makes for not only a ton of fun to catch, but they are edible, really edible....You can keep the stripers, you dont have to throw them back, or into the brush like the LMB I know when I fish with, catching the stripers is challenging and fun, where as the LMB float up to the top, open there mouths and do nothing but create a hassle, but to each their own I suppose......................Not judging, just sayin...................................

Finally,,,,,,,,,,,,Well said!

ALSO,

i would NEVER throw a smallmouth in the bushes,,,,,,,,,,those things are badd to the boneee,,,,,true gamefish in my book,,,,,,,,

Its only the LMsunfish that qualifies as the dreaded GREEN CARP in my book.

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
03-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Carpboy i know youre a closet greencarpbitch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you bleed green,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinarteest
03-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Finally,,,,,,,,,,,,Well said!

ALSO,

i would NEVER throw a smallmouth in the bushes,,,,,,,,,,those things are badd to the boneee,,,,,true gamefish in my book,,,,,,,,

Its only the LMsunfish that qualifies as the dreaded GREEN CARP in my book.

TRAIL BLAZER

Yep small mouth are incredible. I caught one outta pyramid several years ago about 3lbs. Those things have some fight to 'em. I got respect for sm lol.

slacker189
03-10-2013, 10:28 AM
One thing I have noticed is that fish from the aqueduct are much stronger than fish from the lakes. I believe they develop more muscle in the aqueduct due to the fact they have to deal with the swift currents... especially in the AV where you can't even bounce a 1oz weight off the bottom when it's really flowing. I imagine the LMB from the aqueduct put up a little more fight than the lake LMB