PDA

View Full Version : Nph shore fishing

man vs bass
03-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Hello everyone , I'm new to bay fishing and I don't have a boat. I was wondering if anyone could help me find some spots from shore that I would be able to catch spotties at. Also what types of baits to use?? I usually fish for largemouth and I heard the bay spots like cranks, spinner baits , and jerk baits. Thanks for the help!!

CrownTown
03-07-2013, 11:12 PM
There are a lot of spots from the shore to get spotties. I'm not good with street names so I can't tell you exactly where to go, but as far as gear goes, spotties eat almost anything. I've caught them on curly tails, stick baits, small swim baits, cranks, spinnerbaits, crawdad imitations, drop shotted robo worms... Almost anything will work. I like using 3" big hammers with a 1/8-3/8 oz lead head. Just fish close to the docks on a good tidal swing and you should do fine. A nice spot that is easy to access is the small beach on "via lido" street (i think that's what the streets called) just before you go over the bridge to the island. Good luck man!

man vs bass
03-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Sounds good!! Thanks a lot brotha !

murrieta angler
03-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Remember that, just like lake bass, SBB like the shade as well.
Robert
<><

man vs bass
03-08-2013, 08:11 PM
is pitching the docks and pilings with a 3 inch big hammer the most productive from shore?

smokehound
03-10-2013, 05:43 AM
is pitching the docks and pilings with a 3 inch big hammer the most productive from shore?Grubs and creature baits you can T-rig are far more effective for this kind of fishing.

DockRat
03-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Never fished NPH or targeted SBB much but on wed after leaving the Fred Hall show I stopped on Terminal Island and fished the docks after sunset. Had about $75 worth of new swimbaits and leadheads in the car but opted for tying on a old 6" brownish fluke and landed a PB SBB.
Came in about 17" and fat. DR

man vs bass
03-11-2013, 07:47 PM
Grubs and creature baits you can T-rig are far more effective for this kind of fishing.

are the creature baits the same as largemouth creature baits?? like brush hawks for ex.?

tree
03-11-2013, 07:58 PM
are the creature baits the same as largemouth creature baits?? like brush hawks for ex.?

Yup. yamamoto's creature baits are good too.

man vs bass
03-11-2013, 08:25 PM
cool thanks man

smokehound
03-16-2013, 08:20 AM
I found the best lures are those with curly tails. 4-inch brush hogs work well, they like double curly-tails.

you can catch some nice spotties dropshotting along vertical structure like rocky shorelines at high tide, too.

use florescent colors in the early morning and late evening when there's still a bit of light and you can hook into some toads, lots of halis that way, too.