PDA

View Full Version : boat carpet replacement

flyhigh123
03-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Can I go to a normal auto upholstery shop to have the carpet replaced? Should i preorder it online and bring it? Is it different?

Rooster
03-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Features

Automobile and marine upholstery are both made to resist everyday wear and tear. Marine upholstery is also made to withstand elements such as salt residue and water.

Cost

Marine upholstery is generally more expensive than automotive upholstery. The cost of both automotive and marine upholstery will vary based on whether you obtain it from a wholesaler or buy it from a retailer.

Considerations

You can use automotive upholstery as marine upholstery and vice versus. However, this is not the best option as it may not last as long since it is not being used as it was intended for when it was made.

drifter023
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Can I go to a normal auto upholstery shop to have the carpet replaced? Should i preorder it online and bring it? Is it different?

Yes just tell them you need marine carpet and what colour you want.

flyhigh123
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
i visited a bass pro shops, and found a product i think i really like. It's a Marine Vinyl flooring. I'm going to give that a try instead of carpet. Cleaning looks like it'll be a lot easier and getting any grime and blood out will be easy as well!