PDA

View Full Version : Dana Point Fishing 3/3/13

zzzfish
03-04-2013, 04:52 PM
So I went out this past Sunday thinking that it'll be an easy score with the rockfish since the fish report for the first two days of the rockfish opener showing great great numbers, with Saturday showing one boat caught 13 sheepheads and various rockfish and a couple of sandbass. Well, what looks like a sure thing turn out to be a piss poor day of fishing for everyone. Of the 3 boats and 60 anglers that went out on Sunday, 2 calico bass, 3 sand bass, 4 sculpins, and 12 rockfish were caught. It was still a good day to be out on the water though. The food and service from the Dana Wharf boats are still great and the fishermen that joined me on the boat are classy...except that one duchebag who overcast and hit me on the back with his damn bait. Almost made me "wanna choke the b**ch" but I let it go since he apologize after my friend and I confronted him.

What I learned from this trip is that you should be ready for everything. What works for the people who caught and targeted bass was the usual trick: light line, enough weight so your bait stay in the mid/lower water column, and proper presentation. The people who targetted rockfish and got them really got them on luck and not much else.

Good luck out there!

Jake

geedavell
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM
I'll never forget the time I was out on a cattle boat and some guy did the same thing with a big*ss jig. It actually hooked this guy in the back. BAD. The deckhands had a hard time getting it out of this poor guys back. Once they got it out the guy actually had the *alls to ask for his jig back!! I thought the guy was gonna throw his *ss overboard!! Hahaha

zzzfish
03-05-2013, 01:43 PM
That's a scary image. I saw a picture of a guy with a hook in his eye and it made me put on sunglasses every time I go fishing now.