PDA

View Full Version : Where's the "Tag?"

bass413
03-04-2013, 02:15 PM
Hope the moderators don't mind me throwing this up in the DVL section.....

Any new information on the highly anticipated Inland Empire Lake quagga tag....? I've heard (and Rick Grover stated earlier in a previous thread) that the tag was in the final stages of getting approved by the MWD. I've heard the MWD's final approval is, in fact, the FINAL hurdle. Mr. Magnon, Quinn, Mr. Grover....ANYONE.....? Any news/details. I was really hoping to hear something before the Fred Hall Show...

Pete Marino
03-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I heard something about it the other day and it wasnt good news.. Dont quote me on this because I "may" have been misinformed (I hope I was misinforned) but I heard the unniversal tag was denied by the powers to be at DVL. If that is the case then thats a real bummer.

Id like to see the unniversal tag for Perris Silverwood and DVL... but Im losing hope that it will ever happen.

Pete

FrazeIb1
03-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I heard something about it the other day and it wasnt good news.. Dont quote me on this because I "may" have been misinformed (I hope I was misinforned) but I heard the unniversal tag was denied by the powers to be at DVL. If that is the case then thats a real bummer.

Id like to see the unniversal tag for Perris Silverwood and DVL... but Im losing hope that it will ever happen.

Pete

I heard a rumor of Perris and DVL sharing Tags but nothing set in stone........It would be nice but we will just have to wait and see......

Matt_Magnone
03-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Hope the moderators don't mind me throwing this up in the DVL section.....

Any new information on the highly anticipated Inland Empire Lake quagga tag....? I've heard (and Rick Grover stated earlier in a previous thread) that the tag was in the final stages of getting approved by the MWD. I've heard the MWD's final approval is, in fact, the FINAL hurdle. Mr. Magnon, Quinn, Mr. Grover....ANYONE.....? Any news/details. I was really hoping to hear something before the Fred Hall Show...

here's the deal. i had the opportunity to sit down with some high up officials from all over recently involving the health of the fishery, how its being maintained and other things. they were really interested in "our" best interests as opposed to what we all have thought thus far. i did my best to be a "voice" for the angling public stressing both problems and concerns that we have all either talked about on open forum and privately. from what was talked about, and what i was able to see, issues that we all think would be an easy change actually require A LOT more hurdles in order for them to change. definitely not as simple as saying "next tuesday we will be issuing a zero limit on striped bass". a proposal needs to be passed up through several levels in order to be met with a "go" or "no go"

the last i heard, they were still working on it. i was not given a definitive answer if it will become a reality although they did seem enthusiastic about it. unfortunately i'm not able to talk about the issues we discussed, but what i can tell you is that they were eagerly looking for answers as to how they can both make the fishery better as well as make all of us anglers happy. it was a very positive meeting.

so all in all, the band situation is still in limbo. could go both ways. only time will tell.

DarkShadow
03-05-2013, 11:05 AM
here's the deal. i had the opportunity to sit down with some high up officials from all over recently involving the health of the fishery, how its being maintained and other things. they were really interested in "our" best interests as opposed to what we all have thought thus far. i did my best to be a "voice" for the angling public stressing both problems and concerns that we have all either talked about on open forum and privately. from what was talked about, and what i was able to see, issues that we all think would be an easy change actually require A LOT more hurdles in order for them to change. definitely not as simple as saying "next tuesday we will be issuing a zero limit on striped bass". a proposal needs to be passed up through several levels in order to be met with a "go" or "no go"

the last i heard, they were still working on it. i was not given a definitive answer if it will become a reality although they did seem enthusiastic about it. unfortunately i'm not able to talk about the issues we discussed, but what i can tell you is that they were eagerly looking for answers as to how they can both make the fishery better as well as make all of us anglers happy. it was a very positive meeting.

so all in all, the band situation is still in limbo. could go both ways. only time will tell.

Matt,

Thanks for all the hard work to get DVL back on the path.

One question....

Why does it take an employee of a tackle shop to do what the DFW should be technically doing? It seems to me that you're doing their job. I'd ask you how much of the heavy lifting the DFW has done regarding this issue, but I know that you're not supposed to divulge anything that went on during the meeting, but I'd hate to think they're attendance is simply to feign interest on the issue at hand.

bass413
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Pete, I hope you were misinformed too.....

Thanks for the info Matt. Pretty cool that "an employee of a tackle shop" at least gets the opportunity to discuss some issues with the DFW guys. Keep up the good work.

Hardcor
03-05-2013, 01:35 PM

Did they talk about poaching at the meeting.

DarkShadow
03-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Did they talk about poaching at the meeting.

You mean the live trout some shore stalkers are known to use as bait?

It's hilarious knowing that they have a 'striper contest,' but no way of making sure people aren't cheating. It's the biggest elephant in the room that nobody cares to discuss, and when it does, certain individuals become a bit too defensive.

Hardcor
03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
You mean the live trout some shore stalkers are known to use as bait?

It's hilarious knowing that they have a 'striper contest,' but no way of making sure people aren't cheating. It's the biggest elephant in the room that nobody cares to discuss, and when it does, certain individuals become a bit too defensive.

No it's not the live trout for bait and cheating it's a lot worse, I'm talking about poaching. That is why I asked Matt if the water company brought it up.

Matt_Magnone
03-05-2013, 11:37 PM
yeah i was pretty honored to be invited. the goal for me all along is to keep this lake going strong at any and all cost to myself. trying to organize a trash pick up (which the lake started to doing shortly after), provide any and all info whether it be from fish reports to videos, to get anglers back on the water all the way to keeping you all informed on whats new and exciting. there's a bigger picture besides the lake itself or the limits imposed. we all have to treasure what we have currently, otherwise, it'll be gone before we know it.

what i can assure you is that the people from the parks, metropolitan and the lake seem to be REALLY listening to any and all complaints. one battle has to be picked at a time, unless they did a good job of being two faced hahaha, i believe we'll start to see some changes in the future.

Ryan C
03-06-2013, 12:05 AM
iam sure mwd has 5 guys working on it right now at about 150k a year it should be done soon once they pull their heads out of their ***

JigStop
03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
While live lining fresh caught trout is not legal, it certainly is a good thing for the lake as it helps eliminate those big eating machines. I am sure the hordes of tourney bass fisherman are glad that there are a small faction working diligently see that the striper problem is addressed and not hung up by politics.

FishermanStu
03-07-2013, 12:33 AM
i still maintain that a webcam at the marina would be sweet

HuskerRod
03-11-2013, 07:38 PM
My whole dang issue with DVL is all the expense and all these charges. An annual park/launch pass ($450). If you have an annual pass, but want to leave the boat at home and try your luck from shore (extra $25 yearly shore pass). Plus dont forget your $3 a head per person going in even with the ($450 year pass). And Im not sure if this still applies, but then tack on a ($2) boat tagging fee. And with all that said and done the lake closes earlier then any lake in the history of mankind..an hour before sunset.

jewel
03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Actually DVM lowered the annual park/launch pass to $350 and that includes you boat band. So you only have to pay th $3 daily fishing permit.