PDA

View Full Version : unbelievable

fishingboysdad
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Sarl....couldn't believe it..saw 2 guys fishing with 9 poles..what a shame

lunker-hunter209
03-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Sarl....couldn't believe it..saw 2 guys fishing with 9 poles..what a shame

Were they catching all the fish? Did you limit out?

Fishbones
03-03-2013, 03:31 PM
still better than net poles or snaggers...but yeah. 9 poles.. thats ridiculous...

Ray Lopez
03-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Seen a guy at upper castaic lake on the shore fishing with about 16 poles....when we stopped to question him about it and to let him know that was illegal. He proceeded to tell me his whole family was fishing. His whole family consisted of toddlers and kids ranging about 2 to 4 years old that were running around playing and his wife who was busy with the napping children. Called the lake to report him not sure if anything happened though.

fishingboysdad
03-03-2013, 07:07 PM
I wuz at their spot with my son for an hour.we only caught one..I saw them catch 2..what's funny (well more like f***ed up) is that lake staff came by and just toldthem that they couldn't use that many poles

fishingboysdad
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey ray I doubt if they did anything.unless maybe if the lifeguards or sheriff came by

Hooked Up
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Darn poachers are everywhere! Or so it seems!

Fish Dog
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM
With what they charge to get in at SARL and the usual lousy results you should be able to use a sane net there to get your money's worth. No license required, not under state rules, who cares. The above example at Castaic though should have resulted in a big ticket.

Love2fish1
03-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Credit to the staff at SARL - I made the call to them to come out because the two guys were fishing with nine poles and another guy was solo and fishing with 5. They came out within ten minutes and addressed the issue. I love that people can complain but do nothing about it. Take initiative and report it if you see it!! Otherwise you're just an enabler and don't maximize a teachable moment for those who are young and old alike (rule breakers and rule followers). All that the staff can do is ask the guys to put them away initially or kick them out if they don't follow the rules. Both group of guys eventually put their extra rods away and fished with the required two. Sucks that you have to call because some idiots just don't respect the rules and don't have the personal integrity to do what is right. I still don't understand what makes some feel so entitled that they don't have to follow the rules!

On a side note, I was on a float tube with a fish finder and metered only a few fish while at the lake for over 5 hours and the two I caught were tiny. Won't be fishing Santa Ana for a while…Disappointed.

Carptain_Bao
03-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Credit to the staff at SARL - I made the call to them to come out because the two guys were fishing with nine poles and another guy was solo and fishing with 5.Take initiative and report it if you see it!! Otherwise you're just an enabler and don't maximize a teachable moment for those who are young and old alike (rule breakers and rule followers)

Exactly,I dont see how effective it is to post something like this on the website. you see it then you report it if you got a problem with it. Some people just disrespect the rules, if you dont do anything then you are not helping.

fishinone
03-05-2013, 05:03 PM
I saw a guy catching trout at Piru Creek with a cast net, twice actually. He was smoking them on an old bed frame right next to the creek and putting them in a charcoal bag.

I read about him being arrested in the paper a month or so later. Very cool! :Smile:

fishingboysdad
03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Sorry guys.I would have reported it but in my rush to get my son up at4:30 a.m. to try to get there early,I left my phone on my bed..next time..by the way I wuz the guy fishing between them when lake staff showed up...even my 10 year old son couldn't believe how many poles he counted..

Oh also only the guy that was alone put away his extra poles.the other 2 still had 6 poles out

Love2fish1
03-05-2013, 08:45 PM
fishingboysdad - it was because I saw you and your son there that I decided to call. I felt for you. As a dad myself (my son is only 5) I have seen too many of these guys who are just inconsiderate and self-centered. If I am ever fishing from shore and see a kid I hand him my rod, if a fish is on, so that he can feel the rush of catching a fish. Unfortunately, I think you have to be a dad or just a kind person to be willing to do that and allow others to enjoy these great moments in life. I do wish Santa Ana did a better job of patrolling their waters.

fishingboysdad
03-05-2013, 08:54 PM
@ LOVE2fish1..thanks,that is appreciated....my son loves to go fishing,and boy does he love to reel them in after they r hooked..he did catch one on Saturday but it was at chris's pond and yeah it was a small one........u ever take ur boy fishing?

I'm gonna head out to pyramid this weekend.they r stocking this week...we usually do good there..

flyhigh123
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
its really sarl's fault, if they dont actively enforce the rules, people will try to push the boundaries. If they had one person patrol every 3 hours, just once, this wouldn't happen.

Love2fish1
03-05-2013, 09:28 PM
fishingboysdad - I do take my son whenever he wants. I try not to push it on him but when he does choose to go with me we buy lots of candy, take a bag of toys and enjoy our time together in between any bites. Never been to pyramid, seems like such a long drive.

Flyhigh123 - I agree!! SARL should pay attention to the average fisherman like us and do a better job of patrolling. I have fished at least 8 times in the last three months (usually Saturdays) and have never seen them patrolling. People catching over their limits and others using a ridiculous number of poles is too common in my opinion. Driving around in the truck and not getting out is not true patrolling.

Love2fish1
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
This weekend my little one and I will be at the Fred Hall Show - watching the duck races, walking around and trying to catch a trout while we are there. He and I enjoy the event.

fishingboysdad
03-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Love2fish1---------Sounds like fun..have a great time out there

Love2fish1
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Fishingboysdad - You too! Wish you and your son a fun and successful time together!

Kingfish Addict
03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Saw a guy at the Pudd a few months ago fishing with what looked like a 10 hook sabiki rig. I yelled over to him that that's illegal and he just sat there and stared at me like I was a 3 headed monster. I wanted to start chucking rocks at him but thought better of it. Not being racist or stereotypical but its usually the non-english speaking third world country guys I see disrespecting the rules...ALWAYS NARC THEM OUT!!! Rules are rules and they're created for a reason...