PDA

View Full Version : Lake Skinner 3/2

GotToCatchEmAll
03-03-2013, 05:35 AM
The trout action is wide open! Well worth the drive for you guys in SD or LA. I have a questions for someone in the know. I caught a 3 lbs trout yesterday, when do you think this pig was planted?

P.A.W.
03-03-2013, 07:57 AM
There are always some bigger fish in every plant so It could have been a week or 2 months. No real way of knowing.

GotToCatchEmAll
03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the input. Since that day, here is my "analysis"
1. Trout plants are almost over. They're scrapping the bottom of the barrel and big ones are the result.
2. This fish was a femail. I saw the roe upon cleaning.
3. The Big Bear board indicates that stocked trout are steriod fed.

I was initially wondering if holdovers are possible for Lk Skinner.. Its just big for this this lake- See everyone at Fred Hall-

Stalker Of Fish
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
I am not sure if there are hold over trout in Skinner . It's not big and deep like Diamond Valley. Three pounds is not uncommon there like PAW said they stock them that big and bigger. Five and six pound fish are caught there .
Big Bear does their own stocking buying trout from some of the big fish specialty hatcheries that use steroids and genetic
tweaking to create their super fish . They host Trout derby's so they at times supplement the DFG stockings .
Usually the super fish are sterile .
I do not think the DFG uses steroids at their hatcheries at least I hope they do not .

Congrats on doing well at Skinner you must of got there on or near the day of a stocking .