PDA

View Full Version : 3/2/13 Pyramid Fish Fest

DMS
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Couldn't wait to get out on the water today with Lulu to go another round. Saw lots of FNN'ers at the launch ramp, said hello, and dumped the boat in and off. Set the anchor at the planned spot and got the lines in. Took about a half hour or more to get the action going. Got 4 stripers right off and then a lull, followed by a few more and got a good bite going. A few of them seemed a bit slower on the bite that late week, but a few were going for it. Lulu and I both got a 4 pounders for the big fish and we each got a fat cat.
About 11 or so a bit of wind kicked in and the action slowed. Have an event tonight (and we had one last night) so we headed to the barn early and quit at 1.
Total count 11 stripers, 2 cats and 2 dinks.

trail blazer
03-02-2013, 04:40 PM
tour rocking the bait bite dms,,,,,,,,,,kudos,,,,,,,,,kicked my butt a few days back,,,congrats

TroutOnly
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
it was great seeing you dan and lulu, i ended up with five and it was breaking wide open when here comes the sheriff pull youre anchors and get out of here,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,

cutbait
03-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Love the mid report

DMS
03-02-2013, 09:41 PM
How did Ron and Jim finish out?

DMS
03-02-2013, 09:42 PM
tour rocking the bait bite dms,,,,,,,,,,kudos,,,,,,,,,kicked my butt a few days back,,,congrats

Keep workin it... Get em next time tb

TroutOnly
03-03-2013, 08:53 AM
jim stayed over by ron's spot same with flyhigh, captn and ron was anchored by geordys dad george and his pal , they saw me finally get anchored in the exact right depth,and saw the slaying cominse ,it was only one in ever three pickup and run that fish were doing but man it was fun ,ron and scott pulled in but then there was too much meat in the water at one time, they left then heres comes sheriff john,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

CAPT'N
03-03-2013, 08:55 AM
I had the tracker, with Ron . We caught to many dinks to count, and 3 respectable fish. Not surprisingly Ron caught more fish, a lot more fish, but I caught bigger fish.

Beautiful day on the Mid though.

Capt'n

CAPT'N
03-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Nice to see you on the water Bob, benn a long time.....

Fun shooting the sh.i

Capt'n

Bassfan
03-03-2013, 10:12 AM
We went to an area to start out and found someone already in my favorite spot so we tried three random spots around that general area and went hours without a bite. Watched Dan and Lulu and the guy in my spot catching fish but it was not happening for us.
Headed to "Ron's spot" and found him there catching one after another. Huge fish close to 5 inches long! :) They did get some nice ones too but I think the parade of dinks and gut suckers finally got to them and they took off for another area.
We stayed in that general area the rest of the day getting pummeled in the afternoon by crazy Jetskiers that flew full speed through the no wake cove next to us and were doing donuts in the lake not far away. Summer can't be far away!
We spent the rest of the day in that general area and at 11:00 I got my first bite, a really nice striper that would prove to be my last. Robert was in the boat with me and for some reason the few that bit preferred to bite on his rod so he caught 3 nice size and one slightly smaller. I came away frustrated that I couldn't get more action when seeing fish being caught around me but some days are like that. It was nice to see the familiar faces of the people I am getting to know as I learn the local lakes.

DMS
03-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Gut suckers? Hmmmm ? What is that? Cats...? Wouldn't mind catching more of those... Lulu crispy fries them. Hate catch dinks that swallow or blow up for future bird food.

DMS
03-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Also I agree with the gonzo jet skier and boat crazies. On the way out a guy in a boat that must have been 30' and more of a tuna boat almost ran over a bass boat after passing so close by me that his wake while on top scared the crap out of lulu. Then he goes to a picnic area and docks. Wft there is tons of room. After that a couple hours later the guy decided he wants to fish on top of me... I waived him off and told him he was running over my lines. Ignorant a-hole didn't even know just how rude. Later the jet skier circled us. Don't get him and the boats that thread the needle over my anchor rope.
We all have to be careful this summer with guys wanting to treat the lake like the Indy 500. I think they are compensating for something else.
Ps lulu asked me why that giant boat didn't go to the ocean... I told her he probably couldn't find his way back home.... I bet he gets a lot of us with his radar unit at the mid...

fishinone
03-04-2013, 12:50 PM

Capt,n and I got 3 decent fish at our first spot. Scott got a 3 and a 4 lb. I got a 2 1/2. We also caught 20+ micros, it was fun or funny or both but not what we were after. We kept messing with them thinking the bigger ones would eventually come and steal their food. We finally moved to yellow bar but pulled up stakes a little early without any hits.

Dan the gut suckers are probably the micro dinks. They pull the guts out and leave the rest when they aren't really hungry.

The catfish crush and grind the bait and spit the hook. If you hook the backbone tendons in your bait, you'll reel up just the bones. They are catchable when they're doing it but they can be really hard to hook.

CAPT'N
03-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Ron,

Had good time fishin and shootin the s..t. First Striper dinner in awhile.

Capt'n

fishinone
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Ron,

Had good time fishin and shootin the s..t. First Striper dinner in awhile.

Capt'n

You should have taken those dinks. In SoCal they are keepers. They would have made good soup. You could boil them in the a fishbowl after you let them swim awhile.

I enjoyed the day too Scott. We should go and catch fish sometime.

fishInone

CAPT'N
03-04-2013, 05:28 PM
You should have taken those dinks. In SoCal they are keepers. They would have made good soup. You could boil them in the a fishbowl after you let them swim awhile.

I enjoyed the day too Scott. We should go and catch fish sometime.

fishInone

I have an aversion to fishing for bait........................Next time I will break out the Sabiki rigs for you ...

How about this weekend :Farmer: We can fish Capt'ns Corner, errrr I mean Ron's Cove lol

Capt'n

DMS
03-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I have an aversion to fishing for bait........................Next time I will break out the Sabiki rigs for you ...

How about this weekend :Farmer: We can fish Capt'ns Corner, errrr I mean Ron's Cove lol

Capt'n

If you are fishing for baby stripers with Sabiki rigs and catch a shad, do you have to immediately release it unharmed? :Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

fishinone
03-05-2013, 12:42 PM
If you are fishing for baby stripers with Sabiki rigs and catch a shad, do you have to immediately release it unharmed? :Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

Just put it back down. Trying to remove the hook could cause additional damage to the frail shad!

fishfinder
03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
She is wearing the perfect shirt for catching "jailbirds"

DMS
03-12-2013, 10:17 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
She is wearing the perfect shirt for catching "jailbirds"

That is a perfect post!