PDA

View Full Version : Legally Fishing Crawdads in Quagga Lakes?

JeffO
03-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey guys, I was thinking about fishing live crawdads at a lake that has quagga inspections and realized that it is likely considered illegal to bring the crawdads into the lake in a tank (not clean and dry). How can they legally be brought into a lake that has preventative measures for quagga mussels? I read a lot of reports about guys fishing crawdads so there has to be (or at least SHOULD be) a method of doing this that doesn't violate the lake's regulations.

Thanks for any advice.

fish-hound
03-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I don't fish bass all the time but from what I understand at most lakes you aren't allowed to bring them in you have to buy them at the bait shop at the lake or catch them yourself. I could be wrong though, better just to call the marina of sed lake.

flyhigh123
03-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Craw dads don't need water to breathe and can be out of water for days. As long as the crowded is moist they are good. Wet towel or newspaper should keep me alive

JeffO
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Cool, thanks a lot for the replies, guys.

javijr17
03-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey guys, I was thinking about fishing live crawdads at a lake that has quagga inspections and realized that it is likely considered illegal to bring the crawdads into the lake in a tank (not clean and dry). How can they legally be brought into a lake that has preventative measures for quagga mussels? I read a lot of reports about guys fishing crawdads so there has to be (or at least SHOULD be) a method of doing this that doesn't violate the lake's regulations.

Thanks for any advice.

no minnows or crawdads can be brought to another lake. they have to be caught or bought at the lake. if u get caught its a hefty fine. best to check the book my friend

JeffO
03-01-2013, 04:55 PM
In that case it's not worth it at all. Thanks man.