PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip tues big waves and wind ernie -john -the silverwood

TroutOnly
02-28-2013, 08:12 AM
i got contacted by a regular who hadnt been out fishing in a while and he wanted to fish ,we set a day and went out . ernie and john met me just before opening they got there stuff on the boat and we got thru the gate . the wind was calm and it wasnt to cold ,it was really nice that is for about and hour then it turned nasty cold . the water level was so close to full pool it was nearly cresting the spillway at the dam, the first fish was a lmb then the stripers slowly came to life. the water was clear in the top five feet or so then very dark and strirred up, we had so many short strikes it wasnt funny and so many grabs off the clips but not hook ups i rotated colors and speeds on the runs over the schools chasing and feeding on bait , but it was one of those days were i thouhgt i was coming back from catalina on rough water all day. it was too rough to fish the trout area so we just passed on that and stayed after mr stripey ,the boys got a day away from work and few fish for some striper dinners so we were all happy, thank you ernie and john and cant wait for athe next trip ,probably the mid for a little trifecta action next month,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/3346f8f2-62ef-4f0b-a657-b7465b275aa6_zps75e6b5aa.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN1145bbasss---------1111111.jpg

finsane
02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Those fish look thick, a good catch in tough conditions.
Congrat's

dk4885
02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
nice job putting fish in the box bob. i sure cant wait for the fish to come up out of the dept im ready to hit the lakes again..

Hardcor
02-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Nice day Bob ! Windy, full pool

What color swimbait, What size swimbait, What kind of tail, What speed, How dept, What did you have for lunch ?

trail blazer
02-28-2013, 11:14 AM
lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,coridinates bob,,,,,,,,,,tell us EXACTLY where,,lol

BOB,,,,,,,,,,You are the MASTER,,,Congrats to you and your clients

TRAIL BLAZER

TroutOnly
02-28-2013, 11:20 AM
CORY I'LL TELL YOU ALL THAT **** WHEN WE GO OUT ,I WANT TO GET TO THE NEXT NEW MOON SO WE CAN HIT IT , WE ARE GOING TO HAVE USE THOSE DR'S OF YOURES ,,,,,,I THINK WE COULD MAKE AN INTERESTING VIDEO,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,

5150fishn
02-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Rough ride on the lake and still putting quality fish on the boat. It appears that no conditions can keep you down. Nicely done Bob!

olfishergal
02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
How did those green carp taste you got along with Mr. Stripey?

Fishbones
02-28-2013, 06:30 PM
bad weather, bahhhh.... stripers died, the clients are happy and you still managed to catch a big ugly green carp..Congrats Bob,

ever try running a stinger hook on those swimbaits for the tail grabbers?

Hardcor
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
CORY I'LL TELL YOU ALL THAT **** WHEN WE GO OUT ,I WANT TO GET TO THE NEXT NEW MOON SO WE CAN HIT IT , WE ARE GOING TO HAVE USE THOSE DR'S OF YOURES ,,,,,,I THINK WE COULD MAKE AN INTERESTING VIDEO,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,

Come on Moon !

AZ.Kid
02-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Nice job on the fish Bob, you are always working hard on those fish. the wind was nasty enough to keep me home on Saturday, but Sunday turned out nice.

Whats the scoop on that Cachuma trip?

Mike

MikesOcean
03-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Rough like Huge Ocean swells? Did you need to take your seasick pills? Oh,, and you sure those were short bites with all the crap down there? I'm convinced there is a forest under that lake. Hahaha.

Oh and nice job on Mr. Stripe! But you are lagging lately with no blood shots! :)

And on another note, please take your blow up doll when you make that vid with hardcor. Haha

cutbait
03-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Blind trolling, lake raker, lmb killing no skill fisherman

flytyingreloader
03-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Strong work in crummy conditions. I respect that!

TroutOnly
03-01-2013, 09:27 AM
M/o i never get seasick youre bitchass might,,,,lol,,,,kinda hard taking pics driving the boat and working two downriggers at the same time,and getting off the water at the last second before it goes dark,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,k/o,,,,,,,,,thats killeronly to you carpboy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

AZ.Kid
03-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Rough like Huge Ocean swells? Did you need to take your seasick pills? Oh,, and you sure those were short bites with all the crap down there? I'm convinced there is a forest under that lake. Hahaha.

It's a forest of rental boat anchors. Bob has slowly been clearing them out.

Bob you should repaint the ones you pulled up and sell them back to the marina :Smile:

fishinone
03-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Bob a trifecta at the mid is too easy for you. Reach for the fivecta (Striper, Smallmouth, Trout, Catfish and UGB, in order of preference).

I know you can do it.

karlow
03-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Good work Bob.
Those Dr are paying off!
I have never tried it there. Running two DR seems like twice as much work.
You have to keep your rigs and your balls from landing in the rocks!
Your ball aren't going to give you much notice before they you land in trouble.
That takes some serious skill Bob! In the wind it takes a lot more!

KP