PDA

View Full Version : 02-27-13 Bako Duct Report

FishingwithDave
02-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Woke up early today and decided at the last minute to make a Duct run and go into work late. This is the last time I'll be able to hit the Duct until March 8th.

Got to the Duct about 6:20am and line wet at 6:30am and done fishing by 8:15am. First cast with the Fluke and I get hooked up and I'm thinking it's on. It wasn't on fire, but I had about 15 good strikes and landed 5 all 15-17" dinks on Flukes. No love on LC's or lipless cranks.

What was cool is when I caught the last fish, I was talking to the Honeywagon truck driver when I hooked up. He was curious about what I was catching them on so I gave him an abused Fluke and pointed to Bob's Bait Bucket to pick up some.

Couple of the strikes were definitely short strikes. How do I know? They were pulling the Fluke half-way off the jig head. Never had that happen before and that was on new Flukes!

Sorry no pics. Figure everyone has seen enough dinks.

dk4885
02-27-2013, 10:30 AM
dave i give you 3 days then somehow you will find away to hit the duct.lol

Fishbones
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM
^^hahaha, soo true... duct fever is hard to beat....congrats on the dinks..lol

FishingwithDave
02-27-2013, 05:16 PM
dave i give you 3 days then somehow you will find away to hit the duct.lol

I'm definitely shutdown through late Sunday afternoon. Wife's birthday and we're going to the Coast and I have to leave my fishing gear at home. Was hoping to get some surf fishing in at least, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do and this man doesn't want to piss his wife off!

May have to get an early morning session in during the week, but that's pretty tough to do and get to work by 7:30am and stay awake!!!!

slacker189
02-27-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm definitely shutdown through late Sunday afternoon. Wife's birthday and we're going to the Coast and I have to leave my fishing gear at home. Was hoping to get some surf fishing in at least, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do and this man doesn't want to piss his wife off!

May have to get an early morning session in during the week, but that's pretty tough to do and get to work by 7:30am and stay awake!!!!

i know what you mean... my wife asks me to leave the rod at home sometimes.

If i were you i would be tempted to sneak a rod and reel along on the trip and do a top secret mission on the surf.

trail blazer
02-28-2013, 05:45 AM
WTG DAVE,,,,,,,,,,To stop the short strikes try shad bang,,,,it wont get you more strikes BUT they will hold on a little longer and try to eat it a little better once they grab it.

JMO

TRAIL BLAZER

FishingwithDave
02-28-2013, 08:35 AM
WTG DAVE,,,,,,,,,,To stop the short strikes try shad bang,,,,it wont get you more strikes BUT they will hold on a little longer and try to eat it a little better once they grab it.

JMO

TRAIL BLAZER

I use to use Shad Bang all the time and then on one trip I ran out and was still getting hit so I stopped buying it. Based on your advice, gonna pick up some up again. Appreciate the tip.

Dave

dk4885
02-28-2013, 09:33 AM
dave the duct is on fire right now lots of 5-10#er it wont last long maybe a week. lmao. jk it would suck for u if it was.lol

FishingwithDave
02-28-2013, 12:51 PM
dave the duct is on fire right now lots of 5-10#er it wont last long maybe a week. lmao. jk it would suck for u if it was.lol

Your killing me DK. Got me thinking about early Friday AM session now. That could get me in trouble or be a great day. Fishing in the AM, wine tasting in the afternoon and fish tacos with an ocean view that night